Help with English please.

B

burg-

I got this e-mail from my English teacher;"
Anne-Christine Hagström writes:
>No. You should have contacted me before.
>
>Anki"

I'm thinking of replying with this;"
Before what? Correct me if I’m wrong but is it not supposed to be; “You should have contacted me earlier”?

Or perhaps; “You should have contacted me before last Tuesday”.

She might not be wrong or? I thought it looked a bit weird when I first saw the e-mail.

S

swords

It would help knowing what this statement refers to.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by burg-
I got this e-mail from my English teacher;"
Anne-Christine Hagström writes:
>No. You should have contacted me before.

She might not be wrong or? I thought it looked a bit weird when I first saw the e-mail.
If a previous event or date/time has been mentioned then she has made a valid statement with the presumption you know exactly when she is talking about. Although it seems she has typed what is usually a verbal statement. Either of your alternatives are correct but it's not worth correcting her unless you deliberately want to irritate her, which is not too smart to do with teachers if they are the ones who grade you.

C

Cyradix

Yup, "No. You should have contacted me before." sounds fine actually.

Like Omniscieous said it's really not worth pissing off the teacher for this :D

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Cyradix
Like Omniscieous said it's really not worth pissing off the teacher for this :D

...what?

...WHAT?

Everything is worth pissing off teachers! It's a lifelong task of every student everywhere to annoy, irritate or totally fuck with the nuts of those who educate us! :p

D

dukat_lionheart

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
...what?

...WHAT?

Everything is worth pissing off teachers! It's a lifelong task of every student everywhere to annoy, irritate or totally fuck with the nuts of those who educate us! :p

agree :D

C

Cyradix

Ok, thats true, but if you are going to piss off the teacher do it with a little more style. Correcting her english is a bit weak imo. :D
Oh, and always make sure someone else is blamed. That keeps your grades at a healthy level ;)

O

old.Tohtori

Like when "back in the days" i shot myself accidently in the eye with a rubberband when i was aiming at a classmate?

Said "Ow" ofcourse and the teacher saw me rubbing my eye and the rubberband on my desk. She asked what happened and i pointed at the one i was aimingat and said that he shot me with it.

Got him a nice hour of detension :p

J

Jonaldo

As a former expert in the field I would advise you to piss teachers off anonymously while subtley being nice to them face to face.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Like when "back in the days" i shot myself accidently in the eye with a rubberband when i was aiming at a classmate?

Said "Ow" ofcourse and the teacher saw me rubbing my eye and the rubberband on my desk. She asked what happened and i pointed at the one i was aimingat and said that he shot me with it.

Got him a nice hour of detension :p

BAAD TOTO!

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Addlcove
BAAD TOTO!

A pulic humiliation or watch a classmate suffer in a +35´C classroom? Hmmm.....hmmmmmmm..... :D

F

Flesh

Originally posted by Jonaldo
As a former expert in the field I would advise you to piss teachers off anonymously while subtley being nice to them face to face.
Tbh it's better to piss them off face to face in situations where they can't do anything about it, that annoys them more.

O

old.tRoG

I think it's with some cheek that parents etc. criticise teachers, and the education system - Just look at the hell the teachers get put through every day.

I pity them :(

Users who are viewing this thread