Help with autotraining

D

Dumle

Here is the deal, I am making a SB now, and in order for my template to work I need to auto to lvl 44.

Does anyone know if I get the full points if I respec stealth at 40 and auto it from there to 44 then spec back the points in stealth?
I know that it works when creating a char at lvl 20 and spec 2 points in stealth and respec to get 5 in stealth.

And while Im at it, any input on this spec?

Sword 44
CS 34
Stealth 35
LA 39
Env 25

A 5 spec with a higher sword for the weapskill so I dont miss PA as much...

L

Lyrre

Does anyone know if I get the full points if I respec stealth at 40 and auto it from there to 44 then spec back the points in stealth?
I know that it works when creating a char at lvl 20 and spec 2 points in stealth and respec to get 5 in stealth.

Nope it dot work, think you however can get autotrain points from lvl 44 and 48 if you respec stealth and not put any points in it, will grant you 23 more specpoints...

And while Im at it, any input on this spec?

Sword 44
CS 34
Stealth 35
LA 39
Env 25

A 5 spec with a higher sword for the weapskill so I dont miss PA as much...

The evil enemy cant block/parry/evade a PA, only thing that can happen is that you miss/fumble or arent in right position. Things that determine missrate is bonus on weapon compared to enemy armorbonus, your lvl against enemy lvl. Weaponspec has nothing to do with missrate.

H

haroat

39 crit.... Stunning stab is a MUST no point having PA if ure not going for that....

M

mavericky

Originally posted by haroat
39 crit.... Stunning stab is a MUST no point having PA if ure not going for that....

CD is a must, never heard of stunning stab being one, please enlighten me?

C

Cyradix

Respec just adds the points you have now to your pool. So no autotrain means no extra points.

I'm using this spec

40 Axe
39 Crit
39 LA
35 Stealth
24 Env

Your spec gives a a few more points in weaponskill. Don't think you will notice the difference.
Or are you going for the Ice Storm combo?

C

circeline

Ice storm is being changed to come of evade instead of being second in an anytime combo

D

dracus

Haroat get back in ur cage! :p SS is by far not necessary :) SB needs LA, LA and more LA (if not all out CB ;)) u just need the stun from CD...personally im not a fan of 5'ish spec :) ya gotta go all the way in 1 type of SB(SZ/CB/Soulblade)

Oh and the autotrain thing shud work...my warrior has started auto trainin in axe/sword(he's hammer spec) and he's a /level'd char :) just happened kinda weird...at L31 i began autotrainin each lvl till it was where it shud be :) 8 at L35(shud change to 9 at L36)

Oh and make sure u have a good BB ;)

/Dracus

D

Dumle

Originally posted by Cyradix
Respec just adds the points you have now to your pool. So no autotrain means no extra points.

I'm using this spec

40 Axe
39 Crit
39 LA
35 Stealth
24 Env

Your spec gives a a few more points in weaponskill. Don't think you will notice the difference.
Or are you going for the Ice Storm combo?

It works at /level20 I put 2 points in stealth, had 2 skill, respecced it so Should have been back to 1 but I had 5, so I know it works at 20. Just wondering if anyone tried it at 40, if it doesnt work then Ill have to make a new SB and not play BG1 as I was planning :(

And wasnt thinking of styles when speccing sword that high, just the weaponskill, but maybe its a waste?

C

Cyradix

Originally posted by Dumle
And wasnt thinking of styles when speccing sword that high, just the weaponskill, but maybe its a waste?

That really depends on being buffed or not. If you're not buffed you need all the weaponskill you can get.

D

Dumle

Well I dont have a buffaccount so I will mostly be going unbuffed I guess :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom