Help Help wanted....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok I am setting up some gameservers for one of my nephews and want some help in testing that it works. I know some of you will have access to children games being old and therefore a parent.

First game I want to test is shitcraft, fuck, minecraft. As much as you might want to play for hours on end I just need at least 2 of you ingame at the same time or your own kids as I don't have a client to test with.

So any takers willing to help me out?

GameTCP PortUDP PortSingle user connectedMultiple users connected
AmongUs2556525565
Minecraft Bedrock Edition1913219132
Quake3Arena2801528015Yes, @Carbon60, @Scouse
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source27015
Team Fortress 227015
Kaboom7777
Sons Of The Forest8766
OpenRA - Red Alert2226
OpenRA - Tiberium Dawn2226
Node77787778
Ricochet2701527015

1. Some ports will need to be changed
2. Not all games will listen on both TCP and UDP, I will confirm when I get some time tomorrow

Last edited:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tony - I am just heading out the door for a weekend away, but I reckon my lad might help out if he has time.... I'll ping him.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tony - I am just heading out the door for a weekend away, but I reckon my lad might help out if he has time.... I'll ping him.
Brilliant thanks Jon. Dirteh weekend incoming for you...... wear your wellies and your fluorescent hi-vis so you don't get trodden on.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Still looking for some testers if anyone has a few minutes to spare pretty please.

Games I need testers for:

Minecraft
Among Us
Quake3 Arena

Cheers

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Could play some Q3A tomorrow night after the missus has gone to bed @Deebs?

Whaddaya need?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
All I need is to make sure you can connect to the games correctly, that's it for now. So should be very quick testing :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All I need is to make sure you can connect to the games correctly, that's it for now. So should be very quick testing :)
I'll have to see if I can find the installation files!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wakey wakey you slackers. Let me know when you are available please. As mentioned need at least two for a proper test but one will do for now to test connectivity.

/me looks under the stairs for some high heel boots, an apron, duster and fuckall else in an effort to get some help.... :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Can't find the installation files for Q3A @Deebs. I might buy a copy off CDkeys or something later tho.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hmmmm. It appears I've got Among Us but I've never played it. So let me know what you need dude :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok, I will give you the server details in a PM, but will update my first messages with the ports for each game. Thanks so much.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So @Scouse and anyone else are you available to test pretty please???

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeh will look at Among Us, cannot find anywhere for a code, Q3A is ready, shout on IRC when installed. Ta muchly.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sorry, my boy plays Minecraft online but he does it on Playstation because he's a feral child.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sorry, my boy plays Minecraft online but he does it on Playstation because he's a feral child.
Oh the shame of it. Can you not join MC servers other than Sony's stuff?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anyone got any of the games installed listed in the first post?? Or recommendations for multiplayer games for the younguns???

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
BUMP!!

Pretty please love you long time and I will throw in @Jupitus for a week....

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't have any of them installed at present, just formatted today/installed some new bits - as for recommendations, Terraria is quite good multiplayer, its like minecraft but 2D/has more rpg elements to it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ah ta, that is on the list so will install that. You best get installing those games to help me out, that is your punishment for me inheriting your sleeping habits or lack thereof.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
/bump

Want to do some more testing..... Fucking slackers....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hehe, had a busy day today, was taken out this morning for a few hours and then Dad was here. So any help offered for zero cost as I am now poor :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You need @Tom for TF2.

I bet he has an amazing selection of hats :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sniff, anyone? No need to play, just see if you can connect to the game itself at this point. Pretty please.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
You made me reinstall TF2. Unfortunately it didn't start, it seems to instantly crash. Tried all the usual "fixes", dug into years old forum posts, but still nothing worked. Eventually I resorted to raising a fault ticket with Valve. After several emails back and forth they came back with "we have no idea what the problem is, we can't help you, ticket closed, bye". :upyours:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You made me reinstall TF2. Unfortunately it didn't start, it seems to instantly crash. Tried all the usual "fixes", dug into years old forum posts, but still nothing worked. Eventually I resorted to raising a fault ticket with Valve. After several emails back and forth they came back with "we have no idea what the problem is, we can't help you, ticket closed, bye". :upyours:
Hehe, most likely resolution or video drivers? Does TF2 have those weird startup parameters like some of the older iD software games?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom