[Help] Video Uploading.

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
I have a 2.5gb - 13 minutes long video that I made for my media project.

Just want a site to put it on to show people, but the youtube limit is 100mb and 10 minutes long?

Anyone know a better site or will youtube be good enough, so I just cut up the video into 2 parts?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hmm,

2.5gb? Who do you think will watch that over a dsl line? And it is 13minutes long? My reckoning is that it is HD 1080p as around 60 minutes is approx 8GB.

You seriously need to lower the quality.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
I haven't tested it fully yet, but does site does seem to work nicely. (got it from another FH thread)

Uploading went really smooth and fast and I downloaded ar 600 kb/s. Also, there's not a real storage limit.

Hope you can make it work, good luck :)

Flintlock

Banned
Hi

Can't see how any film just 13 mins long is so large? That must be an uncompressed avi file. Run it through some conversion programs and I bet you will amazed how small it will end up. Even using Windows Movie Maker and saving as a wmv file will greatly lower the size of your video without losing quality. The best types of files to convert too I have found are either wmv, compressed avi, divx. These can normally be viewed on a website that has the streaming code installed - the player. Not only that but the players used on these have full screen options which isn't available on many flash or quicktime players. There are loads of converters out there but a very fast one is from Stoik:

STOIK Video Converter 2.0 (free)

Save the video in DivX Avi format for great quality yet low size.

Other converters I use are Dr DivX (free), DivX Converter (free trial period) and Sorenson Squeeze (expensive). There are loads out there.

Try Stage6 for storing high quality DivX films - unlimited size and never deleted unless breaking copyright laws.

Regards
Bluesplayer

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Hmm,

2.5gb? Who do you think will watch that over a dsl line? And it is 13minutes long? My reckoning is that it is HD 1080p as around 60 minutes is approx 8GB.

You seriously need to lower the quality.

nope not HD, I have no idea why its such a big file.

Hi

Can't see how any film just 13 mins long is so large? That must be an uncompressed avi file. Run it through some conversion programs and I bet you will amazed how small it will end up. Even using Windows Movie Maker and saving as a wmv file will greatly lower the size of your video without losing quality. The best types of files to convert too I have found are either wmv, compressed avi, divx. These can normally be viewed on a website that has the streaming code installed - the player. Not only that but the players used on these have full screen options which isn't available on many flash or quicktime players. There are loads of converters out there but a very fast one is from Stoik:

STOIK Video Converter 2.0 (free)

Save the video in DivX Avi format for great quality yet low size.

Other converters I use are Dr DivX (free), DivX Converter (free trial period) and Sorenson Squeeze (expensive). There are loads out there.

Try Stage6 for storing high quality DivX films - unlimited size and never deleted unless breaking copyright laws.

Regards
Bluesplayer
Ok, thanks will do that now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom