Help! plz... NS Template/RA specs

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey guys/girls..

Im in a bit of a delema since i had it all worked out but at that time it was patch 1.82 hehe...

My Ns is yet not dinged 50 but will soon hopefully get there.

I need info aboute rr1-rr5 RA abilitys most important for those realm levels since i totaly forgot what is most needed and best for enemies and worse for them hehe..

Then the specs for the NS overall.. Stealth/venom/ etc. etc. etc. ?!?! :D

And a Desent template.. Acutally.. Give me one of the pricyest ones, no need to be cheap hehe i got resources to get what i need hehe ;)

Would be super nice if someone also could give me the name/also maybe the Homepage for the newest SC program used most atm ^^

Thanks alot ^^

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Short reply but it's quite late and i'm ready to call it a night.

imo, the shade is the most likely the only class left that does in fact require some skill to play to a level that's competitive and over the top.

in effect that means that you might have teh uber template and underperform, or you might have a shite template and shine like .... [insert random fantasy]

Sorry if that sounds vague, but that's how it is :p

NN

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Well its true... ^^

I know its not easy to play a NS. Thats kinda why i wonna make one. But i only need info aboute what is the best at the moment for a NS so i got a overall sight over all. It would help alot .. i know shortly what i need kinda.. But i need some eksperienced players with a NS to make it a fackt. :)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
OK, sober reply :p

The following are all based on my opinion and my only. There's no absolute truth, right or wrong or anything like that, it's all on the playstyle.

RA spec
1st milestone: 2l5, purge2
2nd milestone rr4, purge3
3rd milestone 5l5 purge3 viper2
4th milestone rr7 purge3, viper3
5th milestone rr8 purge3, viper3, mop3
6th milestone rr9 purge3, viper3, mop4 (debated on weather to get mop3 mos3 instead, depends how the stealther game is)

Spec:

44 CS
39 pierce
50 combined stealth ofc
after 5l5 and viper2 50 combined envenom
rest CD.

Weapons:
I was using 21 weapons of 4 different damage types. cold, spirit, matter and thrust. The SC on the weapons was as: All mainhand leggies SCd according to ml10 mainhand and all offhand ones according to bladeshadow. I was using battler on the back, I switched to champ one.

Template: Mine's quite outdated with levi and kraken items, I'm pretty sure that at The Gamers Association - Presented by 3rd Circle Productions you can find something sweet (or maybe even on vn boards). I'm doing my own as I want to be able to use my already existing weapon arsenal.

Playstyle:
Land PA chain, get on the side, pincer and copperhead. Garrote AH and then depends how the fight goes. Remember tho: Strafe ;) Seriously, strafe and run-through if you ever want to have a chance vs shield classes. Garrote AH land on 2h enemies is quite nice to get their attack speed down, constant reapplying on poisons, wait for them to purge to reapply debuffs and hit the spike.

As I said, there's no "you gotta play like this, or you gotta use this". Nothing is carved on stone. My best friend used to play his rr9 shade in quite a different way than I was playing Gaer, he was dissagreeing with my playstyle and I was about his, but it's all down to what works for you.

Hope this will help you, have fun, it's a great class to play.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Spec something like 50 composite weapon+celtic duel 50 composite envenom+stealth and 39 or so critical strike at low rr imo aka rr3-5 (1st spec should always be based on rr3 not rr5 as this will just frustrate you with uncapped stealth and you will not enjoy class)

Some shades like gear use viper but personally i cba myself as ive always prefered meleeshade myself and id recommend blades deffo for 1st template as its generally easier to make a nice template ;)

Ra spec wise this is what you are aiming for ...

RR2/0 Purge1 Mastery of Stealth2 Long Wind1
RR3/0 Purge2 Mastery of Stealth2 Long Wind1
RR4/5 Purge3 Mastery of Stealth2 Long Wind1

After that its up to the individual to spec augs/mastery of pain/toughness and toys like viper/fa etc ... any other questions as me in /gu m8 :D

aika

Can't get enough of FH
you can win vs shield tanks without strafe ;d land beartooth and pwn! (with celerity up ofc)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I never have celerity up. With 250 quick on a 3.9 weapon with 20% bb haste will be just a tad too much.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I'm using 3.4 offhand, 4.1 mainhand, 14% haste. The 15% celerity charge caps my swing speed almost exactly at 1.5

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
OK, sober reply :p

The following are all based on my opinion and my only. There's no absolute truth, right or wrong or anything like that, it's all on the playstyle.

RA spec
1st milestone: 2l5, purge2
2nd milestone rr4, purge3
3rd milestone 5l5 purge3 viper2
4th milestone rr7 purge3, viper3
5th milestone rr8 purge3, viper3, mop3
6th milestone rr9 purge3, viper3, mop4 (debated on weather to get mop3 mos3 instead, depends how the stealther game is)

Spec:

44 CS
39 pierce
50 combined stealth ofc
after 5l5 and viper2 50 combined envenom
rest CD.

Weapons:
I was using 21 weapons of 4 different damage types. cold, spirit, matter and thrust. The SC on the weapons was as: All mainhand leggies SCd according to ml10 mainhand and all offhand ones according to bladeshadow. I was using battler on the back, I switched to champ one.

Template: Mine's quite outdated with levi and kraken items, I'm pretty sure that at The Gamers Association - Presented by 3rd Circle Productions you can find something sweet (or maybe even on vn boards). I'm doing my own as I want to be able to use my already existing weapon arsenal.

Playstyle:
Land PA chain, get on the side, pincer and copperhead. Garrote AH and then depends how the fight goes. Remember tho: Strafe ;) Seriously, strafe and run-through if you ever want to have a chance vs shield classes. Garrote AH land on 2h enemies is quite nice to get their attack speed down, constant reapplying on poisons, wait for them to purge to reapply debuffs and hit the spike.

As I said, there's no "you gotta play like this, or you gotta use this". Nothing is carved on stone. My best friend used to play his rr9 shade in quite a different way than I was playing Gaer, he was dissagreeing with my playstyle and I was about his, but it's all down to what works for you.

Hope this will help you, have fun, it's a great class to play.

What the man said, so QFT!

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Nightshade is difficult, but I think it's also alot of fun. I seriously can't wait till I get my laptop! I agree though with whats been said about Purge3, it really is a nice ability to have, very costly but passive RA's at lower RR arent always the best thing.

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
this might be very unotrhodox (sp?) but knatti (rr7 inf) played all the way with NO purge or weapon swaping. Made is temp with pure dps and survivability , ie 101 str, 101con 400 hits , good resists and 10/10/10 melee bonus. All his RAs were basicly aug str, MoP and toughness. This might make you loose vs a high rr who RA dumps but finding someone with semi stuff up will give you some nice rps.

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
purge3 win fights my ns is rr6 has no dmg ra really and kicks ass, u can get pa cd purge remedy and win

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
this might be very unotrhodox (sp?) but knatti (rr7 inf) played all the way with NO purge or weapon swaping. Made is temp with pure dps and survivability , ie 101 str, 101con 400 hits , good resists and 10/10/10 melee bonus. All his RAs were basicly aug str, MoP and toughness. This might make you loose vs a high rr who RA dumps but finding someone with semi stuff up will give you some nice rps.

Knatti was hitting quite hard but one diamondback or getting the jump on him and that was it really. Those debuffs hurt. And in the current days of rvr, staying stunned for more than 2s equals to /rel

Purge 3 is a must I'm afraid. Then, weapons swaping is my kind of play, others preffer to pretend they're light tanks with stealth :p I'm viper 3 and I'll take full advantage of it. I particularly enjoy this type of play as it's constant movement.

Punishment

Resident Freddy

Makes no odds , red Ws/Con debuff and red disease on you and its game over if you dont purge ;)

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks guys :)

Its really usefull for me, i gotten my NS to 50 and i startet to get artifacts.. i gotta do it the old way since i need the template finish/artifacts leveled before i walk out into the frontier.... :)...

I speced so i will use Blade and im doing a old school template first :).

Ra's i will for sure get purge.. But not til i am sure i can get pruge 2.. Purge 1 with the downtime on it and that it isent instant working isent that good imo. ^^

And left to do is to get out there and help my fellow hibs :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom