Help please

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi all

Im not actually a pc noob, i always do everything myself, no assistance.
but this time its something funny :)

i did a small overclock on my pIII 1.4ghz (-server), up to 1.52ghz, the temperature stayed the same, so i kept it, i could log on to windows and so on, theni needed to restart, so i did, after the restart, intead of the windows xp and the loading bar i got lots of "40" 's running on the screen, and no hd activity, so i thought i burned my hdd, i tried loading knoppix, it gave me a "interrupt handler recieving kill signal" or something like that.... i took my pc apart, and took one stick of ram (pc133 sdram), tried loading knoppix agian, it loaded and i could do everything as usual, and im actually typing from knoppix atm. but anyways, tried loading xp again, no luck, the same "40" 's... i tried using the xp install disk to open the repair console, and used chkdsk, it said some errors were dfound, i used the repair mode then, it hanged after 52%... then i thought - deffo a hd prob, BUT in knoppix i see all my hdd's (got 3, 40gb+40gb+4gb) and i can browse and use progs on them (using wine)... now im really pooped, i dunno what it may be, so i want to ask your advice, thanks :)

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
put your cpu back to original speed.
The fact that it doesnt heatup doesnt mean it is working properly.
When overclocking you also increase the speed of the memory, chances are either your cpu cant handle the speed or your memory cant.

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
oh forgot to tell, i did a cmos reset as the first thing trying to fix the problem, so pc is back to normal speed

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Could you possibly punctuate that a bit better? Even one full stop would be appreciated, or where appropriate, use capital letters to start a supposed sentence. You put zero effort into that post, so i feel that a lot of people will put zero effort into a reply. A bit like this one.

G

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Its very unlikely to be a HD problem, and more likely to be something you've toasted on the MB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom