Help needed

Osprey

Fledgling Freddie
Hello all

Just a few quick questions returned back to give DaoC a try for a month bored on WoW I have a 50 merc RR 3 L 5 i think and MLA 4 on alb prywden all xpansions cept latest one ( SI toa and cata I have )

Im lost in game its all changed should I roll a new chara ? to pick the game up quicker

If so which server ? prefer albs as its all I no and what is CLUSTERING about ? plz xplain in simple terms

then do I go classic if so can I still use catacombs in classic to aid me in lvling ?

Then once I hit 30 should I buy the new xpansion or will I be hooked :)

look foreward to your replys

reason bored with wow is same reason as bored when toa came out time was not on my side if you get the drift :england:

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
If you have been away since WoW came out then a fair amount has changed.

To answer your questions about the servers.
Prydwen and Excalibur have been clustered. This means that they share the same New Frontier Zones AND the same capital city. Otherwise they are seperate. If you want to go from Prydwen to Excalibur you go to the capital and talk to an NPC who will switch you to the other server.

Classic servers are just slightly different from normal servers. On classic servers there is no way to port to any ToA zones. Also buffs only effect group members and have a limited range. All of Catacombs is avaliable on a classic server.

With regards to what you should do. its upto you. I think alb has the underpopulated bonus on the english classic server. I am not sure what leveling a char is like there now but if you want to try a new char I am sure you could level quite fast without spending loads of time there.

ToA has been changed to "easy mode" Its now much easier to get ML, MLexp and artifacts. If you look on the alb forum you will hopefully see a few people advertising "artifact runs" You no longer need the arti to activate it, just do the encounter and hand in the scrolls. Scroll drop rates have also been increased. ML raids go alot faster now so it shouldn't be that hard to get yourself to ML10 - just check when people are running public raids.

The new expansion has some fun features in it (some of which - I can't remember exactly) are avaliable even if you don't have it. If you decide to play on classic you will definetely want it so you can get your champion weapon however your merc can probably survive with battler/malice (which you can get fairly easily now if you don't already have them)

Osprey

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the info Cadelin

I logged on Glast alb and created ano merc and was imediatly welcomed into a guild ( which I thought was great all my questions can be answered and I have HELP ) still loads to learn the game as changed so much .

May give the ML ano go and artifacts when I get my head round the game again ( thats a good move being able to switch from pry and xcal does your cash go with you and vault items ?)

again ta for reply happy hunting all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom