Help needed if you want me to play

S

stile62

Would like to start playing Quake2 and AQ2 again but I can't get the game to work it just wont connect to any of the servers all it does is keep retrying and retrying without actually connecting.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on? I used to play this alot a couple of years ago but the beer I've been drinking since then must of shrunk my brain or somethin because I've sort of forgotten what to do :eek:

Any help would be very handy.

S

stile62

Thanks m8 that address will come in very handy but it still doesn't sort out my problem of getting Quake2 too connect to a server let alone the AQ2 mod.:(

C

Clowneh!

Hmm they have a guide there.
Summat about checking you have the right anti-cheat clients and stuff.

What happens exactly when u try to connect?

S

stile62

Nothing happens it just retrys the connection until I type quit.

I don't have any anti-cheat programs installed, will that be the reason why it wont connect and if so what do I need as this is all new to me.

C

Clowneh!

Nah, you would connect but it would kick you :)
What server are you trying to connect to?

S

smurkin

do you have the correct pont release installed ? pull down console and read back the game version.

A

Aahz

Stile, you might try telling your firewall to let quake thru, lol

Clowneh where you in the Comix clan?? or maybe i'm thinking of some one else

S

stile62

Yes it was my firewall folks as aahz well knows because he told me other the phone :)

Wish firewalls would let you know if they weren't letting a program through, anyway thanks to all who tried to help it was much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread