Help meh please!

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
Hey guys/gals

Ive got a problem thats started recently when playing...

Basically when i play in full screen mode if i go to exit the game and character selection screen my PC brings up the dredded blue screen of death then restarts the computer within a few secs so cant even read the error.

But when i play in windowed mode i get no probs at all

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

please help

ta

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
A friend of mine had this problem a while back however i can't remember what it was. What does the blue screen say? Usually you get some sort of error message, like IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

If its when you exit the game from fullscreen it might be the graphics card that is causing the problem as it has to change resolution from the menu (800 x 600) to your desktop resolution.

Do you have the latest version of graphics card drivers?

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
hey cheers for the reply naffets

umm well i updated the drivers a while back and it started giving me graphics bugs with the shadows (big black squares) so i reinstalled with the drivers that came with the card - its a Nvidia GT6600 GT - ill try download the latest drivers again and see if that fixes it.

As for what the blue screen says i never get a chance to read it cos it just restarts within 1 sec..but i get windows has detected an error or whatever when windows comes up.

ta for the help again ill let u know how the drivers work.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
nimronn said:
hey cheers for the reply naffets

umm well i updated the drivers a while back and it started giving me graphics bugs with the shadows (big black squares) so i reinstalled with the drivers that came with the card - its a Nvidia GT6600 GT - ill try download the latest drivers again and see if that fixes it.

As for what the blue screen says i never get a chance to read it cos it just restarts within 1 sec..but i get windows has detected an error or whatever when windows comes up.

ta for the help again ill let u know how the drivers work.

Ok sure no problem, you might want to disable automatically restart in windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/russel_02may13.mspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom