Help me what to pick

D

Deadmanwalking

Maybe your burning cheeks getting you all confused :p

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
Sort your real lives out and stop pretending to be something you wont ever be.

Edit: Now the useful part. Go read the DAOC section of this very forum. Then come here and tell me DAOC deserves any of your money.
The whole point of any computer game, TV show, film or book is to detach yourself from real life for a few hours a day after being at work and realising life isn't all that much fun all the time it's nice to take a break.

It's only the people that get caught up in the games and start to think they're an important factor of their life then it starts to go wrong.

Playing any mmorpg is no worse than playing Planetside or CoD or MoH or BF1942 as long as you control the time you put into it then it's all ok.

D

darthshearer

:) DMW, The DC wannabe :p

Well thanks for the advice, and throddy CoD is already in the bag :)

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by darthshearer
:) DMW, The DC wannabe :p

Well thanks for the advice, and throddy CoD is already in the bag :)

Wannabe? Pfft.

I mean "Yes sir, i am the DC wannabe Sir" [/roleplaying twat]

X

Xtro 2.0

Call of Duty is probably the best PC game in years IMHFO.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0
Call of Duty is probably the best PC game in years IMHFO.
Haven't tried the multiplayer yet. The single player was good until 'heeeeyyy this is fun, oh I've finished it' :mad: (very, very short)

T

Tenko

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
Sort your real lives out and stop pretending to be something you wont ever be.

Edit: Now the useful part. Go read the DAOC section of this very forum. Then come here and tell me DAOC deserves any of your money.

So DMW games are nothing but sport to you, and there's never a suspension of disbelief whenever you watch a film or read a book?

You do know this is a computer games forum and not one for accountants don't you?

X

Xtro 2.0

Originally posted by Tenko

You do know this is a computer games forum and not one for accountants don't you?

DMW can't be a bean counter as he can't count the number of women he's had on one finger never mind use an abacus.

T

Tom

DMW seems to be competing with Teh_Krypt for the championship.

E

ECA

FINAL FANTASY XI

It shits on every other mmorpg out there from a great height.

Past lvl 10 you are almost forced to group play to get anywhere ( good for learning social skills + being nice ), crafting system is good, and its very friendly.

AND THERE ARE DRAGONS!

Also ( i fucking hate ff single player now ), so i know ffxi is good from an mmorpg pov rather than a square fanboy.

V

Vorcyn

The only reason you'd want to play daoc is if you managed to get in a decent guild, who arent dead set on reaching 'end game' in as fast a time as possible.
I've been playing it since beta, but have stuck with it simply because of the people within the guild im in.

And if you were starting afresh, i'd say not daoc, mainly because of the reasons stated above,
Theres a free trial on most games now, including daoc, so theres not much really stopping you trying one till you find the right one either. (Apart from the initial cost)

W

Wij

There aren't many n00bs to level with in most MMO's these days but if you know some ppl on a server then join it and they'll probably be happy to help you through the low levels and then group with you with their many alts :)

J

Jonaldo

If you fancy playing something for nothing then apply for the Ryzom beta test. I got an e-mail through today saying they're about to take more people on for stage 2 of testing :) am hoping to get in myself.

They were going to be working with GOA/Wanadoo but the makers (Nevrax) have recently decided to split with them and go it alone (probably due to bad vibes from the handling of Dark Age of Camelot in Europe).

http://www.ryzom.com/

D

Deadmanwalking

DMW can't be a bean counter as he can't count the number of women he's had on one finger never mind use an abacus.

Bragging about ones sexual accomplishments on a gaming forum? YAY

Originally posted by Tom
DMW seems to be competing with Teh_Krypt for the championship.

Iirc you were doing the whole soapbox routine telling Cdr and Clowneh to lay off him. Or was that just more uberness?

E

ECA

CoD? lasted less time than max payne.

BRING OUT A GAME THAT CHALLENGES ME FFS :(

X

Xtro 2.0

DMW - where's your sense of humour gone ya moody twat or have I hit a nerve or something?

Who's bragging about number of partners? I've had loads but they all fucking ming.

D

Deadmanwalking

DMW - where's your sense of humour gone ya moody twat or have I hit a nerve or something?

Who's bragging about number of partners? I've had loads but they all fucking ming.

Im sorry, i did suspect a joke but im sick so im allowed :( Ok?

Twat :p

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by Damini
UO was the best MMORPG

I agree.

Although, I'd recommend SWG or FFXI out of the current crop.

X

Xtro 2.0

ECA recommends FFXI.

What better recommendation a game can get I dont know

L

leggy

I'm certain that's what xtro meant :)

moody old cow.

C

Conchabar

i would recomend neither and say w8 for the new mmporgs .. daoc suxs everything gets nerfed.. swg i know little about apart from beta and it wasnt that gr8 though sum of my friends who play it say its quite good.. personaly i thought it was abit rubish

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Conchabar
i would recomend neither and say w8 for the new mmporgs .. daoc suxs everything gets nerfed.. swg i know little about apart from beta and it wasnt that gr8 though sum of my friends who play it say its quite good.. personaly i thought it was abit rubish

Stop playing DAOC its rotting your brain

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by dysfunction
Stop playing DAOC its rotting your brain

Lol, I read Conchabars thread and just KNEW something like this would follow. :)

Users who are viewing this thread