Help me decide

Vhist

Fledgling Freddie
Hoi,

Well basically I've been playing Alb/Excal for a good few months now and I must say its starting to wear me out a little using my PvE god that is my Necro everyday. So today I rolled my first ever Midgard char, Viking class since I'm pretty sick of pure casters at the moment got 'im to L4 and I'm a few tasks away from ding. So I was wondering what would be a recommended choice to choose for when I am L5 - I've heard good things about Skalds, although I do not quite understand them well enough to go for them straight away. I chose a Troll, which may be a bad choice as I know a Skald's primary stat is Charisma, which Troll is low in unfortunately.

What I'm really looking for, ultimately, will be a class which can handle itself pretty well in smallish groups/solo in PvE and importantly, be a well sought after class in RvR. :clap: All ideas appreciated.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
troll is good choice for skald since all mid classes have 60 charisma starting stat and with the high strength and above average(compared to albland anyway :p )con you should do ok (defense isnt exactly skalds primary function so dex isnt hugely important) :)

skalds are usually sought after as speed bots and damage dealers for rvr groups but there's alot of them on the rise at the moment :p

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Skalds were really boring for me in RvR so I retired my lvl 50 a while ago. But with their latest boost I may bring Wijj out to the frontiers again (if I can ever afford decent gear.)

Warriors are your REAL tank and Savages are your damage-dealer. They are wanted all the time in RvR and PvE. Skalds have more toys but can't touch those for damage and defense.

Beserkers are still good despite the whines but find themselves redundant because Savages are a little bit better at high levels.

Thanes...

Err. They have pretty effects :)

Me -> :fluffle: <- Thanes

Vhist

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the quick reply - that's a lot of good points about how good a Skald can be, its funny thought, because the game itself writes a Troll off as a bad Skald - fair enough.

Anyway, thanks for the help, I've gave you some points towards your FH reputation for helping. See you around Aegirhamn somewhere hopefully. :clap:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Trolls do make excellent Skalds since Skald defense will ALWAYS suck :)

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Skald's primary job in RvR is of course speed. In combat he is either used on Assist Train (tm) or interrupting enemy support. You got 2x insta DD; Insta Mez and Insta Snare (Although im not sure if Snare interrupts, it should.)

Troll is excellent choice due the Strength. Put 10 STR 10 CON 10 CHA as starting stats in my opinion. Also i suggest to choose Hammer as a weapon. Not sure about current best Endspec. Maybe 50 Hammer 43BS, but you lose some better DD's.

Just note that Skald is not PvE-God, although they are wanted due DMG ADD and being able to take quick aggro of 5 mobs (snare DD DD mez + melee taunt), Very handy in PBAOE group, you just need good healers because indeed, Skald's defense s00ks :)

About other tanks:

Savage: The damage dealer. nuff said. Uses short timer buffs that drain hitpoints when wearing off

Berserker: The damage dealer also, altho Savage's damage > berserkers damage, sadly :\ Berserker doesn't of course suck, but you must use positional styles

Warrior: THE tank. Lots of HP, Shield, Parry. Suggesting Hammer as weapon also. In same package you get Shield + 2H spec. In RvR used for Guarding and Slamming people. End spec: 50 Shield 50 Hammer 26 Parry or so

Thane: Not bad in PvE tbh, can pull well and has a shield but.. don't expect to RvR with Thanes.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
50 sword 50 la troll zerk, switch to 2h ragnarok vendo on non shielded or non guarded targets and use the snowsquall behind chain any other times xD

Also can use a 2h or 1h battler when toa comes :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom