Help me choose :D

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
right o im coming back to daoc in a few weeks (Exams atm :D) so i need to decide on what to play :)

ive decided to roll a cabby as my farmer char as i find them the most fun to farm with/easiest.

so i need to decide what to roll as my main pvp char. ill be leveling from level one on a new account so :p..

vampiir
ranger
valk
thane
bainshee
or warlock

ofc warlocks OPed so not really looking to play that but i may do <Shrug>.

bainshee sounds fun for the aoe bolts etc but dunno if its really my class..

so what do u think? which would u advise, tbh id be happy playing any one of them so

Bahumat

FH is my second home
make a bainshee but maybe not the aoe bolt spec

from what i can tell y9ou have a pbaoe type spec, aoe bolts and insane dd spec

on rvr the dd one seems to do really well

Tierce_

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
right o im coming back to daoc in a few weeks (Exams atm :D) so i need to decide on what to play :)

ive decided to roll a cabby as my farmer char as i find them the most fun to farm with/easiest.

so i need to decide what to roll as my main pvp char. ill be leveling from level one on a new account so :p..

vampiir
ranger
valk
thane
bainshee
or warlock

ofc warlocks OPed so not really looking to play that but i may do <Shrug>.

bainshee sounds fun for the aoe bolts etc but dunno if its really my class..

so what do u think? which would u advise, tbh id be happy playing any one of them so

Come play exc, I'm starting there again >,<

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
bainshees have 3 specs available to them

SG: CAE bolts, CAE dds, baseline single DD, CAE root
ES: AE bolts, AE dds, focus AE nearsight
PW: shears, debuffs, temp petting, CAE pulse

thing is with SG you can actually solo pull yellows with the other specs it's impossible, without haveing massive variance on your DDs... from my experience upto 25 at the moment SG spec is quite fun, you can pull masses of blues and kill em in a couple of casts. You have to watch your hp though coz having 20 blues on you can bring your hp down pretty fast :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
DocWolfe said:
bainshees have 3 specs available to them

SG: CAE bolts, CAE dds, baseline single DD, CAE root
ES: AE bolts, AE dds, focus AE nearsight
PW: shears, debuffs, temp petting, CAE pulse

thing is with SG you can actually solo pull yellows with the other specs it's impossible, without haveing massive variance on your DDs... from my experience upto 25 at the moment SG spec is quite fun, you can pull masses of blues and kill em in a couple of casts. You have to watch your hp though coz having 20 blues on you can bring your hp down pretty fast :p

do you have to ideally pve in areas with mobs that are huddled together?

do certain areas become a no no?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
hmm but the second spec line gives aoe bolts and aoe dd on a larger range? so couldnt i get aoe bolts and 2 aoe nukes off from a long range without getting interupted where as the first spec line (sg i think?) has a 600 or 700 range? meaning im alot closer. also on the char builder the delve of the dmg seems to be ruffly the same so why is cone spec better when u get more range in the other spec line?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Oli7er said:
play a valewalker imo :)

yeh i thought about that, they seem fun, i played one for a bit before i left the game, but there miss rate hurt :(

Tankgirl

Fledgling Freddie
At least make it a Highlander so you and Xtor can try eachothers glass eye

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Darksword said:
hmm but the second spec line gives aoe bolts and aoe dd on a larger range? so couldnt i get aoe bolts and 2 aoe nukes off from a long range without getting interupted where as the first spec line (sg i think?) has a 600 or 700 range? meaning im alot closer. also on the char builder the delve of the dmg seems to be ruffly the same so why is cone spec better when u get more range in the other spec line?

Yes you have to exp in areas with mobs clustered together but in catas theres loads. With CAE theres no damage drop off, but with AE there is, so you'll be bolting the mobs in the middle for say 200 but the mobs on the outer ring for 20 :mad: so you'd get the outer mobs running at you faster. Not really tried ES my self, but this is from what I've read up on them.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Also dungeons are a pretty big no no :( cones can go through the buggy walls :twak: and LOS is pretty shite.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
hmmm, just a thought, but does this bugy going through walls stuff work in pvp zones aswell? like mag mell and domnann etc?

i really like the sound of bainshee they sound intresting and pretty useful actually

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
problem is is valk any good one on one? :S there main nuke is aoe/caoe and there only single target nuke is baseline? hmmm i may go mentalist <Shrug>

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
ment bainshee not valk sorry :p

are tanks any good on pvp server? thinking of a zerker or a ranger now, think ill go ranger

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
no casters are good "one on one" :p you will get ganked as soon as people see you go into spectre mode.

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
thing about bainshee basline dd is its stronger than eld light spec dd, go figure

if you roll a ranger gl finding a decent guild

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
xtortionist said:
thing about bainshee basline dd is its stronger than eld light spec dd, go figure

if you roll a ranger gl finding a decent guild

thx :D nah ill roll a guild friendly char along with my ranger if i go ranger and level the two so i have diff chars to play when i get bored

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
thx :D nah ill roll a guild friendly char along with my ranger if i go ranger and level the two so i have diff chars to play when i get bored
i recently rolled a minstrel and was grouped with Bahumat's rolled Reaver, we had some fun for a while but he had ot log so i decided to stay, also i only had /level armour and found the class very enjoying... i had got a whorelock down to 50% and he was just about to have his insta's come back so i stunned then mezzed him, after sat for a while and owned him :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Xyslo said:
i recently rolled a minstrel and was grouped with Bahumat's rolled Reaver, we had some fun for a while but he had ot log so i decided to stay, also i only had /level armour and found the class very enjoying... i had got a whorelock down to 50% and he was just about to have his insta's come back so i stunned then mezzed him, after sat for a while and owned him :)

i played a mincer before i quit, theyre fun :D but fucking anoying in pve until high levels, i died too much solo pve tho maybe i wasnt looking in the right places to pve (pve'd in frontiers as it was rather empty) they are good in pvp tho. i dunno, i may roll a cabby and use it to PL my alts to 30 or so with decent equipment <Shrug> thx for the advice tho guys :D im gunna find a good lvling guide for a cabby in all the realms so i can get some decent lvling in. :D

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
i played a mincer before i quit, theyre fun :D but fucking anoying in pve until high levels, i died too much solo pve tho maybe i wasnt looking in the right places to pve (pve'd in frontiers as it was rather empty) they are good in pvp tho. i dunno, i may roll a cabby and use it to PL my alts to 30 or so with decent equipment <Shrug> thx for the advice tho guys :D im gunna find a good lvling guide for a cabby in all the realms so i can get some decent lvling in. :D
Enchanter's arent boring to lvl trust me, they are also good pvp when kitted out, anyway good luck finding a nice char. Btw yea mincer's are good, especially when u get 50... charm teh sally rocks

elaTC

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:

Cabalists are definatly fun but if you want a kickass char that is a blast to play and you dont have a BB. Roll a Vampiir, good at PvE, _realy_ good at PvP vs unbuffed and buffed targets. And you can go lurri ^^

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
luri's dont look so bad now with the catacombs graphics

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom