Help KN9 Ultra sound issue.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Am rebuilding a system and i have a problem. After trying to resolve for a good part of my day I've decided you lot can help ( ;) )

System Spec.
Windows.............Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 3, v.3264
Memory (RAM)........2048 MB
CPU Info............AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
CPU Speed...........2150.3 MHz
Sound card..........Not detected
Display Adapters....NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Network Adapters....NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #2 - Packet Scheduler Miniport | NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives.....E: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D | F: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D | G: UX1261K GTZ206L
Hard Disks..........Total C: 153.4GB | Free C: 114.6GB(Striped)
Hard Disks..........Total D: 149.0GB| D: 43.9GB
USB Controllers.....2 host controllers.
Firewire (1394).....1 host controllers.
BIOS Info...........AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 11/19/07 | Nvidia - 42302e31
Motherboard.........Welcome to Universal ABIT Co., Ltd. - Get ready for the Next Generation KN9(NF-MCP55 series) KN9 Ultra

Problem as you can see is in bold. No sound. Now unknowndevice identifier ID's it as follows..

PCI Device
Unknown Device from Abit Computer Corp
Chip: Nvidia Corp MCP55 High Definition Audio
Full Details
PNP ID
VEN_10DE&DEV_0371&SUBSYS_1C24147B&REV_A2
Windows Detected Device
PCI Device
Detected Chip Vender
Nvidia Corp
Detected Chip
MCP55 High Definition Audio
Detected OEM Vender
Abit Computer Corp
Search Results (Internal Stuff)
RPL_GOT_VENDER
RPL_GOT_DEVICE
RPL_GOT_OEM_VEN

This is the only "device" listed in device manager as having problems, code 1 device not configured correctly. Now i've googled my heart out all day and some poeple have reported some issues with sound on this board before and am hoping someone here has some ideas or has used 1 of these boards before and can point me in a direction i've not tried yet, or maybe a realtek driver set they've tried and worked. Windows driver update doesn't even know what it is.

Now some issues. The chipset drivers on the Mobo disc are labled "Tritium" but the ones from abit at "570 ultra", The ones on the disc seem to work. The ones from abit crash the system with the sound card switched off/on in the bios.

Driver genius recommended the lastest 570 ultra from Nvidia which again crashed the system in both stats.

I've tried the following realtek HD driver sets, 1.61, 175, 1.89 - 1.96(latest i could find).

Anyone have any ideas. Point me at anything or can surgest something. Anyone have a KN9 Ultra and can tell me what audio drivers you useing ?

At 10am tomorrow morning am going to go shop and grab a sound card for the pos if i havn't sortted it by then.

Cheers for any replys :)

Kryten

Old Cow.
I had a very, very similar issue with an nForce2 system I had, resulting in me forking out for an Audigy 2 sound card. Completely lost the onboard sound, yet it was fully aware of *something* being present. However, using the Realtek driver it worked. Obviously Realtek's drivers bypassed the soundstorm on the southbridge and wasn't worth using it then :D

In the end I saw fit to upgrade everything, and sold it on ebay with the fault listed. Still got 80 quid for the motherboard & processor!
Couple of days later I get an email from the buyer, saying thanks very much, it's all in good order and he's found the reason for the fault; a transistor had blown out next to the realtek ac97 chip on the board. He'd replaced the transistor and then had a fully working system.
I know it's a very different board but might be worth a look if you can be arsed :D

Bob007

Prince Among Men
I'll have a look at 10:20 tomorrow when (as it is now) I'll be poping a cheapo sound card in and fcking it off :)

Just annoying me as it seems to be screaming out for the right driver but can i find it.

Think i'll ignore it for a bit, it might fix its self, watch the match and maybe a miracle will happen (X's fingers ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom