Help! I'm torn....

Bym

One of Freddy's beloved
Between this game and EQ2.

I loove EQ2, it's a really nice game, nice people, your own home, emotes and character models are far superior, and the way it looks is beautiful. Downside is that it seems to be full of quite serious players, and I hate all the zoning as it makes the game seem smaller, and drives me crazy!

WoW is fun, looks like WC3 (which is always a benefit), looks like lots and lots to do and pets to buy, feels like the world is HUGE, and I can go fishing! (lol) Loving it so far.

Downside is I find it harder to group, no homes (I don't think so anyway?), and people slagging off EQ2 in general chat - in fact, all I ever see people talking about is EQ2 and SOE. I do wish they'd shut up. Oh, apart from when there were a bunch of teenagers (admitted they were between 12 and 18) in there last night wishing that all children would die horribly. Have a 7 month old baby, so that kind of touched a sore spot. If they weren't ingame I would have had such a good night playing.

Aaargh, what do I do?!

Eroa

Banned
WoW will attract alot of teen's, just avoid the US servers then you dont have to deal with the RYA (retarded youth of america), just came up with that, damn im witty xD

Solid

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Bym :D Nice to hear from our favourite Nurse again, come WoW, ist really fun :D

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Eroa said:
WoW will attract alot of teen's, just avoid the US servers then you dont have to deal with the RYA (retarded youth of america), just came up with that, damn im witty xD
Sad part is that the RYE (to follow your notation) is growing ever stronger. :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
I think WoW is better then EQ2 because as you say there is'nt much zoning so the world feels really huge!! Quests imo rival the EQ2 quests, i think the graphics are really great too you dont want uber gfx in a pvp game anyway coz it just lags you out...

plus theres a great dev team behind it.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
EQ was targeted at a slightly more mature population of 3rd rock from the sun. But retards is not the reason to flee from the game you enjoy. I would say do spend cash [its only 30 pounds] and try both EQ2 and WoW see how it goes for you and hubby.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously, how are other people going to make that decision any easier for you? It's all about what suits you the best!

If you want a mature, much more hardcore game, then choose EQ2

If you can tolerate all the b.net retards and all the LEZ PK OLOLOL XD people, choose WoW (RP servers are different though, a very pleasant surprise!), since it's much less time consuming, player friendly and relaxed enviroment. EQ is all about time investion, if you have a small child i'd say pick WoW since you can solo easily, do a few quests without too much of a hazzle.

It really boils down to what you really want from the game, since I can tell you EQ will eat up your free time a lot more than WoW will.

<gasps for breath>

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Open beta is not the best place to find a mature crowd, free games always become full of idiots, RuneScape anyone? :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
yeah, wonder how many b.net kiddies will convince their parents to pay for WoW :D

Ethiraseth

Fledgling Freddie
As long as those B.net kiddies stay on the pvp server to wtfpwn people I'm happy. :D

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
And you seem to forget about the forced servers at US release. :) So no problem with the yanks.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
I'm on PvP and I have to suffer from them :( :( :(

Already got 1 on ignore!! :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Bym said:
Between this game and EQ2.

I loove EQ2, it's a really nice game, nice people, your own home, emotes and character models are far superior, and the way it looks is beautiful. Downside is that it seems to be full of quite serious players, and I hate all the zoning as it makes the game seem smaller, and drives me crazy!

WoW is fun, looks like WC3 (which is always a benefit), looks like lots and lots to do and pets to buy, feels like the world is HUGE, and I can go fishing! (lol) Loving it so far.

Downside is I find it harder to group, no homes (I don't think so anyway?), and people slagging off EQ2 in general chat - in fact, all I ever see people talking about is EQ2 and SOE. I do wish they'd shut up. Oh, apart from when there were a bunch of teenagers (admitted they were between 12 and 18) in there last night wishing that all children would die horribly. Have a 7 month old baby, so that kind of touched a sore spot. If they weren't ingame I would have had such a good night playing.

Aaargh, what do I do?!

solution no.1 (my faviorite by far): play EQ2 and donte your WoW open beta account to me \o/

solution no. (good for me, not for you): give me your WoW beta account and quit playing mmorpgs ;p

either is good for me ;)

play what you enjoy tbh tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom