PC Master Race Help, I7 3770K needed

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Hey lads.

I'm looking for said processor to give another ooomph to my Z77 based platform. I currently have a i5 3570K, which is still going strong OCed at 4.4ghz, but I'm looking to extend my box's life for a few more years.

Any of you have the said item laying around and would not mind parting with it for some $$?

Cheers

Exioce

Part of the furniture
My i5 is slightly older than yours, been happily overclocked these last 7 years and is still only about 30% slower than the modern equivalent.
Moore's law is dead :(

old.Osy

My i5 is slightly older than yours, been happily overclocked these last 7 years and is still only about 30% slower than the modern equivalent.
Moore's law is dead :(

True, but I can spot "slowdowns" at certain times when all 4 cores are under load. Knowing Ivy Bridge in and out, the Hyperthreading from 3770K plus the higher L3 cache would help with that.

Especially now that games are really starting to use multicore and or HT.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have one but it's busy I'm afraid (and if I sold it I'd be in the same boat as you with a useless Z77 motherboard).

I see them secondhand on ebay from £~50, you could put a bid in and see if you're in luck. Buying a CPU secondhand on ebay seems risky to me but they all say they've been pulled from working machines.

old.Osy

Yeah, i'm doing the ebay thing... went through 8 auctions, they all go towards 150 quid at the end. A tad too much for ivy bridge.

old.Osy

Solved it. Won a bid on ebay for 113 quid.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Be sure to have a good look at the pins before you put it in.

old.Osy

Be sure to have a good look at the pins before you put it in.

I'm a 40 yr old IT Professional, with 2 children - I think I'm beyond needing instructions on how to put it in ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I meant to make sure you haven't been sold a knackered or previously mistreated CPU (a good indicator being bent pins) but yay you.

old.Osy

I meant to make sure you haven't been sold a knackered or previously mistreated CPU (a good indicator being bent pins) but yay you.

I know, I was just taking the piss :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom