help getting new pc

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
Looking to buy a new pc however i dont want windows vista and i have to buy from a dealer,can't assemble myself<not that i could>due to work paying for 50% of it
i have a budget of around 1000-1500 so was just wondering if any one knew anyone who sold pc without vista
cheers deepfried

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
could try overclockers. they do customs....I.E choose ya case an what goes in it :)

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
thanks alot guys
will take a look at those websites
deepfried

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Looking to buy a new pc however i dont want windows vista and i have to buy from a dealer,can't assemble myself<not that i could>due to work paying for 50% of it
i have a budget of around 1000-1500 so was just wondering if any one knew anyone who sold pc without vista
cheers deepfried

Whatever you do don't waste your money on a pre-made PC, you can expect to pay £300-400 more than the value of the parts. Build it yourself, even a semi trained chimp can do it :)

I assumed he couldn't build it due to work paying 50%

Reza

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok options but very expensive. If employer is paying 50% maybe worth a look:

Vadim

Lethul

FH is my second home
Ok options but very expensive. If employer is paying 50% maybe worth a look:

Vadim

Yuck, what is it with gaming computers and windowed cases? Shit i would be ashamed if anyone saw my computer if it looked like that :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
As for a case get a coolermaster cosmos, if you can afford the "s" version even better. I have the standard one and its whisper quite.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Whatever you do don't waste your money on a pre-made PC, you can expect to pay £300-400 more than the value of the parts. Build it yourself, even a semi trained chimp can do it :)

Ebuyer - Cheap Computers, Laptops, Digital Cameras, TVs & more!
dabs.com - PC Hardware, Components, Software, Digital Cameras, MP3 Players
YOYOtech

I disagree with the premise that the difference is £300-£400. Also its no problem putting the parts in the right slots (i liken it to those puzzels for 3 year olds with blocks and holes cut in the top of a plastic container) - but thats where things just start - its a potential mine field of incompatibilities and instabilities to anyone who doesnt have the time to do some research before and after the event.

Some people just want to take delivery of a pc out of the box, not spend days pouring over component reviews and forums, not hours installing their own OS (which incidently is why retail systems are more competitive than first appears on a component by component comparison) etc etc. Personally i'm one of the geeks who does the pouring over stuff - but i fully appreciate that it aint everyones cup of tea.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
As for a case get a coolermaster cosmos, if you can afford the "s" version even better. I have the standard one and its whisper quite.

dont need a special case for it to be quiet. i got some silent fan drivers with my latest mobo i bought and even the shit plexiglass case i have now is hardly letting out any sounds from anything.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
dont need a special case for it to be quiet. i got some silent fan drivers with my latest mobo i bought and even the shit plexiglass case i have now is hardly letting out any sounds from anything.

The only thing heard from your computer room is "Fucking pressed purge arrghhhh" hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom