Help for a video newbie

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys.

Never made a video before, but I am compelled to make one for a special reason that will become apparent once it's made.

Can anyone with experience of making in-game vid's give me a few pointers please? For example, programmes preferred for video capture, editing and compressing etc.

Flintlock

Banned
Hi

Well nearly all use Fraps - though there are others around and a lot of WoW gamers use a different program (will find out more about this). You will have to pay for this program though to make full use of it. The only thing you have to worry about is that you have a good enough computer to deal with the extra load. When you attempt to record films you are making your computer do multitasking in quite a demanding way. It needs a lot of power to achieve a good result. Power equates to processing - ram - hard drive - etc. In other words the better quality of recording you want is very much dependent on your computer spec. When you switch on Fraps to record during game play you will see a very reduced frame rate. If it falls too low then you won't be able to play the game and record at the same time.

Ok you have a good enough spec comp and you have recorded your films. After this you will need to edit them and convert them. I will post something soon with all these details as I just realized I have them on an old forum somewhere. There should be enough info above to get you started though.

Regards
Bluesplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom