Help Continued old emain .....

Osprey

Fledgling Freddie
OK my problem is osprey is stuck in old emain .....
I did as you peps sugested right nowed the problem ( forgot all about that been that long out of game )
reply I got I never understood as Im a thick warrior :wanker:

they said to look in toa or si directory for " my_chara_ . ini file and supress ?

firstly I could not find that file or any file with my chara`s in ..dont forget I have reinstalled from scratch ...any ideas please help could do with some one to just port me out of old emain ...preferbly before tonight coz I will be loading catacombs on then

secondly are paladins worth starting ? or a reaver ? as I may roll a new class to help me get back into the swing of the game

thanxs in advance and happy hunting

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I guess you should do what Huntingtons said, I don't know what to do either. Usually in the SI/TOA directory there are files, like, Galyn-177.ini, these contain my quickbar and UI window locations and stuff for Galyn. I don't quite see how deleting those can put your character out of Emain, but eh. If you have freshly reinstalled you probably don't have these files yet. :(

Secondly, I've been playing my paladin quite a bit recently and have been enjoying him, reavers are pretty good too, they can do lots of damage, they can block/guard just as well as a paladin, but they can't heal their groups with chants. :) (My favourite blockbot/guard is a Reaver when I need damage or another Paladin for the chants)

However, since your main, Osprey, is already a melee, maybe you should try something with a caster?

Corran

Part of the furniture
try logging on. when the login screen gets to the end of loading bar just spam escape key.. normally that will take you back to the character select screen and your character auto ported to CS.

At least that is how i got all my characters our of old emain and i had a lot of them there :D

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
You got the answer you did because you didn't RightNow it, you sent an email to subs asking them to solve the problem. They cannot solve ingame issues as they do not have access to the tools that the GM team has and so likely interpreted your problem as a technical one rather than an ingame one. Send it to RightNow, log in using your game login and password and use any category other than 'Technical'.
The auto-port out of OF that Corran is talking about only worked up until 1.73.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:

Ah damn it.. least i wasnt totally wrong :D Got my last person out just before 1.73 which was lucky..

Shame i didnt leave one there and have the ability to log in old emain. Would be funny if could actually be there and not be zerged for once :p

DavidH

Part of the furniture
An even more important question. Why the heck is still OF on the servers? :p Give us the option to play there instead :mad: Oh yeh, delete NF. I wish GOA had some mean employers who get a kick out of doing /format c:\New Frontiers Server Edition on the server pc. :cheers:

Osprey

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
You got the answer you did because you didn't RightNow it, you sent an email to subs asking them to solve the problem. They cannot solve ingame issues as they do not have access to the tools that the GM team has and so likely interpreted your problem as a technical one rather than an ingame one. Send it to RightNow, log in using your game login and password and use any category other than 'Technical'.

Thnxs alot you was spot on got a email back from right now . A big THANKS to who ever ported him and a big thnxs to all that answered :cheers:

some clever sods out there

c u all in game
happy hunting

Corran

Part of the furniture
DavidH said:
An even more important question. Why the heck is still OF on the servers? :p Give us the option to play there instead :mad: Oh yeh, delete NF. I wish GOA had some mean employers who get a kick out of doing /format c:\New Frontiers Server Edition on the server pc. :cheers:

OF not on the servers in the stictist sense.. When you log in the account you do not log in Old Frontiers.. you basically dont log in at all however it trying to read your position as being there still i guess and gets confused as fuck :D

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Basicly, if your character is logged in OF it's in null and the server reads it as a viable character (the character data isn't corrupted) in a non viable space, which is why it needs to be moved manually.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
DavidH said:
/format c:\New Frontiers Server Edition on the server pc.

'/format c:\New Frontiers Server Edition on the server pc.' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file ;<

DavidH

Part of the furniture
sedde said:
'/format c:\New Frontiers Server Edition on the server pc.' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file ;<
Bah, we have no hope then. We're doomed! WE'RE DOOMED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom