Help: BT

• Thread starter old.CamdenTownResident
  • Start date
O

old.CamdenTownResident

Lo all,

I am sick of being hpb so I am going to get Broadband blahblahblah

Thing is Londinium means no NTL or Blue Yonder, despite what their lying website says. Cut a long story short, Im student thus poor. Bt is cheapest (openworld) so is current favourite.

But bt bloke was trying to put me off. Told him it was just for games ( CS, Combatflightsim etc ). Said it was good often but, esp. at moment, subject to harsh lag spikes ( ie. worse than 56k ). He said these would be fixed in two months (Uh-Huh FeldMarshell BT...)

Should I get it??? Any similarly priced alternatives that would be better??? Anyone got it and thinks its good/bad and what kinda pings you get? I'm just confused cos, for me, its a big commitment, and, opinion seems to be totally diverse. Also, I only need it for 1 year (final year), so any ideas that require a longer contract (Madasafish to get free install eg) won't help I'm afraid

I hate BT with a vengence only normally reserved for Jeremy Beadle's "Little Hand"...

Thanks in Advance

W

WPKenny

I've been doing some research into getting ADSL cos I can't get cable and it seems BT and Freeserve ahve identically priced packages. From what I hear whichever service you go for you get fast downloads, it's just a case of "how good is it for games?" It seems that either demon or nildram are the best for games, but neither are the cheapest. HTH.

O

old.madcow

Im on freeserve dsl pings 35-60 I just d/led my weekly Jesica Alba fix (/me starts to dribble) at a full 68k a sec the cost is 150 install fee and 39.99 a month get in fast if you want freeserve i here they gonna increase the price to 50 a month If you can afford like games and d/l the odd big file then do it.

[DP] CjD

p.s I have used winroute (www.winroute.com) and succefully conneted 4 pcs all playing CS on the net with 60-70ish pings

W

Wij

Freeserve are gonna increase their price by a tenner a month :/

(Oops sorry, I missed the fact u mentioned that in your post. plz ignore me :D )

W

WPKenny

INCREASE? How does that work out? Surey competition should drive prices DOWN, not UP! Utterly bizzare. Do they really want BT to have all the business? Most peeops haven't a clue what the difference is between services and will just go for the cheapest, which if Freeserve put prices up, will be BTOpenworld. What a bunch of arse. I don't want ADSL just now, I want it in a month or so once I move house, but it looks like I may have to settle for BT as that's the cheapest and I'm gonna be living with a bunch of miserable penniless students.

O

old.CamdenTownResident

Problem Solved. I failed the fuc*ing ine test....

Tx anyway for trying

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom