Help a new Player in the "stealth war" (advice / comments appreciated)

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
Urgat said:
Because i value the second oppinions of more experienced stealth playing gamers.

Thanks for the question though... don't let the door hit your ass on the way out of my thread.

<smiles>

Well i gave u answers on 1st post but yet u claim that u wanna use u r wpns etc cause they look good and compete in RvR and usin wpns only for good looks dont compare.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
you need buffs couse a retarded sb started using them 2 years ago.

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
you need buffs couse a retarded sb started using them 2 years ago.

Yes, its all a shadowblades fault on prydwen that the whole of the US and EU servers has buffbots :rolleyes:

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
If u don't have a bb try to find a duo m8 with a bb or some1 who can spare buffs ;D
Vanish hm I think you are better off with other ra's at the start.
Why not thrust ? If you get a heat weapon you do the same dmg as a slash infil against sbs .. and a 9sec stun every fight :D
About Toa if you don't have much time .. 1 (or 2) heat / cold LW's , SoM , gov or gsv and I think you should be rdy ( you can alway's add more artifacts ofc ) not that hard to farm those stuff.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
wittor said:
If u don't have a bb try to find a duo m8 with a bb or some1 who can spare buffs ;D
Vanish hm I think you are better off with other ra's at the start.
Why not thrust ? If you get a heat weapon you do the same dmg as a slash infil against sbs .. and a 9sec stun every fight :D
About Toa if you don't have much time .. 1 (or 2) heat / cold LW's , SoM , gov or gsv and I think you should be rdy ( you can alway's add more artifacts ofc ) not that hard to farm those stuff.

<3 xxx

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Don't diss the power of dual silencers, I've beaten most SBs in a straight fight with mine :p (buffed obviously, slash hits like a wet fish with a str/con debuff). I also SCed my inf for looks back then, and it worked out ok; that said thrust is way, way better in ToA, since you get DF and comparable damage to slash (through elemental weapons). Other than that I'll just repeat what everyone else has said:

• You need buffs - w/o buffs any decent NS/SB will beat you even if you land PA chain; soaking that up takes too much patience for a human being
  • You need a slower mainhand; even I, who still use two silencers till I re-SC, use a slow crafted mainhand for PA
  • Get some stealthlore - apart from buffs nothing will affect your toon like this; players without it are free RP for those with it, unless they zerg (which, granted, is the normal state of stealth RvR ~)
  • Charges are your friend - with silencers you'll basically have a haste buff most of the time, but some item to pop a DA or similar is always helpful
  • Get 50 slash; WS is your friend vs the obnoxious foe that is the str/con debuff

That's about it :m00:

Shaeffer

Dear Little Mite
Melachi said:
Btw small little dig here, but why did you pick infil if you wanted challenging fights, i.e. unbuffed -v- buffed, untoa'ed -v- toae'ed, infil is the strongest assasing by quite a margin atm, untill high rr where the nightshade comes out strong also.

I thought that was obvious. Urgat wanted to try and look as cool as me! ;)

Admittedly I've not been in Alb since before ToA, and wont again <shuffles next to Jupitus in the ol'folks home> but I do have to say that I never quite understood the necessity of buffbots to be viable. Admittedly I'm sure I used my one shot /flex ability on most, but are things really much worse now than they were 4 or 5 months ago? It was quite rare admittedly to have an evening where my kills exceeded my deaths, naturally, <im so walking into a coment with that> but I never seemed to find much of a problem keeping my kills up. Do soloer's even exist now?

And whats this DF nerf someone mentioned earlier? Done right <preferably without greyganking> DF fighting was the dogs bollocks.

Oh..and another thing...who's looking after my forest now Svartur and Gustav are gone!?

Urgat

Part of the furniture
<smiles>

Shaeffer said:
I thought that was obvious. Urgat wanted to try and look as cool as me! ;)

Admittedly I've not been in Alb since before ToA, and wont again <shuffles next to Jupitus in the ol'folks home> but I do have to say that I never quite understood the necessity of buffbots to be viable. Admittedly I'm sure I used my one shot /flex ability on most, but are things really much worse now than they were 4 or 5 months ago? It was quite rare admittedly to have an evening where my kills exceeded my deaths, naturally, <im so walking into a coment with that> but I never seemed to find much of a problem keeping my kills up. Do soloer's even exist now?

And whats this DF nerf someone mentioned earlier? Done right <preferably without greyganking> DF fighting was the dogs bollocks.

Oh..and another thing...who's looking after my forest now Svartur and Gustav are gone!?

Hey there.

Nice to here from you too mate.

Yes soloers exist <--- i'm here!

The DF nerf is the Dragon Fang Nerf, Not Darkness falls nerf. <smiles>
And i agree - fighting in Darkness falls is great fun.

I do try to look after the forest matey! But to be honest - no one goes there anymore! (i think its cos the know i am guarding it tbh)

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Path said:
slash hits like a wet fish with a str/con debuff

Welcome to the world of the SB, we have no choice whatsoever :(

I would love a str/dex based weapon.

Getting debuffed 100% is shite

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
giving the fact you don't want to team up or get buffs the only thing i can recommend is using a slow mainhand heat based legendary weapon

leather is 15% vunarable to heat (only armor that is vunarable that much) and a slow mainhand and a fast offhand gives a "haste" effect if offhand hits

still expect to loose to every buffed stealther. the difference between buffed and unbuffed is just too large.

Use enervating poison mainhand, disease poison offhand (extra strength debuff) and a dot poison on your third weapon. Make sure you overcap your SC 28 points of con when you use legendary weapons and have melee, heat and body resists capped

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom