Help 4 BW Noob

N

N4sty

Right with the total chit that Jolt servers are these days I am being forced to look else where for a decent game of UT (Insta that is) and from the little experience I have of the BW servers they appear superb. Ok so your servers are the best, well I presume that because they are so good that is the reason I can only find two listed in the UT browser and both of these are clan servers either made public or I know the clan. I also presume that you can only get to see the full listing of all BW or Game.net servers if thats what there called now buy paying the subscription fee to BW? Well I know that the subsciption charge is not alot but what about the old try before you buy. Like I said I play Insta and dont want to waste me time or money only to find out that the servers either dont exist or are over crowded or worst still pretty poor. Do I have any options other than suck it and see by subscribing?

N4sty

I wait with anticipation at the flameing about to come my way!!

Rest assured though...when I find ya revenge will be mine mwhahahaha

N

N4sty

Originally posted by Xtro
Try the "Unreal Tournament" forum.

The request is not about the game but about the service that BW or Game.net provide. I cant try it with out paying for it first. there are probably lot of peeps that will say yay or nah to the questions I have raised but unless you see for your self then you dont really know. If I could find a contact e-mail address for BW themselves I wouldnt have posted here I would have contacted them direct. Publics are never as good as clan servers anyway, not on any game,

W

Wilier

Basically there is (as far as Im aware) no try before you buy period with BW. Its only 12 quid (with a game card) so sign up, but, be warned, and I'll probably get told-off for this, if the UT servers are anything like the CS servers (and I suspect they are probably worse), they will be pretty dead. Since BW went p2p the server usage has dropped right off, although we are seeing an increase on the CS side lately, since GAME took over.

So, whilst you will have access to some stunning servers, and they really are the best in the UK IMHO, you may struggle to find anyone to play on them. :(

S

Scooba Da Bass

None of the servers are packed 24/7 like they used to be, or still are at the free GSPs, what has happened though is that as long as the admins and mods are active and make an effort you get regular games of extremely high quality, with a real community spirit.

I'm not sure it'd be worth signing up for just one game, but if you are prepared to have a blast on a couple you'll be able to get a game of something most nights.

M

mank!

Wilier's right, it's not a question of how good the servers are or anything like that - it's the fact people don't seem to play on them anymore. Hopefully GAME will start pushing GAME.NET much more soon and it will pick up like CS has slowly started doing. Personally, I'd say just sign up. It's £1 a month and an extra pound if you don't have a GAME card already, so you're not going to be vastly out of pocket really.

That said, maybe you'd prefer waiting until you know server usage has picked up before registering. I wouldn't worry about the quality of the servers though, they're excellent. I've had pings under 20 on cable since it went P2P.

N

N4sty

Thnx dude
From looking in the UT forum there isnt anything in there it appears to be all UTgay3. That might be a good indication of the following the original and best UT has on BW/G.net?

N4sty

O

old.milou

Hi

I use (via clan Snout) the BW UT iCTF bookables and there's never any problem. Clan OAP also have a BW UT/2k3 server too and again, all seems to run smoothly. The £12 extra pa is worth it in terms of bookables alone. I don't think there are many public servers though.

Have a look here and here.

M

Munkey-

dont mind the forums, most of them dont get used much apart from the odd hidden spam thread

Users who are viewing this thread