HELP: ¿How to configurate router n ports to play DAOC?

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I have just aquired a new WiFi router (Inventel DW-B200) for my Wanadoo DSL (crappy company btw... their service sux arses).

I've been playing with USB DAL-modem till now n would like to know which ports to open and how, in order to play DAOC coz atm i cant, neither run Emule or Kazza.

Apparently, the game recognise the router as a firewall so i cant run DAOC or any online game.

Thx in advance

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Brunore said:
open the ports that the game needs.

configurate? wtf?

Ok, which ports the game needs??

How can i open those ports??

Signed,

a n00b with a router

Gahn

Resident Freddy
eheh

Not an easy question ;)
On a general note go take a look on camelotherald.com support or rightnow and search for firewall. U'll find the 2 ports (1 tcp and 1 udp if i remember well) that are needed to be opened on the router firewall (provided your router has a firewall) ;)
After that it's almost all command line on router IOS to open those port from that address etc etc ...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Found the thread about it ;)

Reporting as Mythic says :

----------------------------------------------

Ports to open:
Please note: Mythic Entertainment will not be able to assist with the setup for users running behind a PROXY server or any home network setup. Please contact your ISP, computer manufacturer or networking hardware manufacturer for further assistance on configuring Dark Age of Camelot to run through your PROXY server or Home network.

All UDP ports 1024->65535
TCP ports 1280, 10500 and 10622

Make sure to open 2-way traffic to the following class C:

208.254.16.0 / 255.255.255.0 (netmask)
a.k.a.
208.254.16.0 / 24 (universal)

--------------------------------

Btw the ip addresses are from Mythic US network so u have to replace em with GOA network ip addresses ;)

Gizmo

Fledgling Freddie
Brunore said:
open the ports that the game needs.

configurate? wtf?

Thats just plain mean :( not everyone speaks or type perfect english, remember Daoc is a game where people from all of europe plays, and some might be kids.

Cheerz
Giz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom