Hello there all Haxx0rs !

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
I have a bit of problem here, and i wonder if anyone out there might help me out, the problem is that when i'm playing dual accs it usally lag like CRAZY sometimes when im entering "big" cities such as tnn or jordheim, Also when i play rvr it lags alot, even in DF and sometimes in PvE it lag. I just wondering, is this "normal? I've got a Pentium 4, 3.00 Ghz, 1024 mb ram and radeon 9800 Pro (256 mb). I have updated the grafic card so and I've asked around and ppl say's my graphic card is good enough. Also when im loading it takes ages to load, When im entering PoC for example it can take up to 5-10 mins before I even able to start see the "loading" sign. And I want to play catta because I like the graphic. The SI graphic is real shit imo so please dont tell me to run SI client or something, I have also btw tried the "best framerate" whlie playing catta or ToA client, it doesn't matter, still much lag, so
if there is anything that I could do it would be uber if u told me ! thanks in advice to all the kind ppl out there :) !

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
We all lag abit(aleast i do). I have pretty much the same setup except im running GF6800 GT (256MB).

From what i heard the trick to fix it is 1500 MB of ram. Heard that takes most of the lag away.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Keata said:
We all lag abit(aleast i do). I have pretty much the same setup except im running GF6800 GT (256MB).

From what i heard the trick to fix it is 1500 MB of ram. Heard that takes most of the lag away.

Don't know if 1500 is a magic number but more RAM will definately help.

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
Yep :) I just sae your post on the other thread, 2GB will do it aswell, i was just told by a friend that he bought 512 more and that helped alot, but no doubt 2GB will be even better :)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
I had vast improvement when going from 1000+ to 2000+ ram.

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
hm, but is it hard to install new ram memory or do I need to contact a profesional? Ive got a fujitsu siemans btw, and yes /clientsleep background,

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
I feel no improvements from 1GB to 1,5GB. It just ate up all extra RAM without running any smoother ^^ I have same graphiccard as you. Lets face it, its getting oldschool :( Should probably upgrade that in order to get better improvement.

shaark

Loyal Freddie
your problem is not the memory
i run 2x cata client in 1280x1024 full detail and when i zone it take few seconds
my pc is amd64 3500+ 1024 corsair xps pro 2x raptor sata raid 0 Wd 36.6bg 6600GT TOP from asus

u need a fresh install of ur pc and install the latest driver for ur motherboard chipset coze seems they have problem to handle pro-memory-hdd channel

u dont need any upgrade on ur pc , ur pc is just fine is just a software problem there

/cheer

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
oh okey, well, Are u talking about BIOS update there ? Im a noob at thoose things so perhaps a little better explanation would be good, I have a Fujitsu Sieamans SCALEO 800, should i visit their homepage to search for updates? and is there anything special i need to know before i update?

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
iirc clientsleep background is for running 2 x ac in windowed mode while clientsleep minimise (or minimize ...both work) is for full screen running 2 x acc.

may help if you get the right one for your setup.

As for more RAM, always helps, but i blame sloppy programmers thinking they have all the resources in the world to play with and not optomising code enough, requiring upgrading your system every 5 minutes :cheers:

Remember when games ran on 16K :eek2: (yes they wernt as big but the point is the same).

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
shaark said:
u need a fresh install of ur pc and install the latest driver for ur motherboard chipset coze seems they have problem to handle pro-memory-hdd channel

:eek7: Dunno how you come to this conclusion since he has a completely different setup to yours. Also, what is "pro-memory-hdd"? Never heard of it.

And CocaCola it isnt hard at all to install more ram. All you have to do is check what type (speed) of ram your motherboard supports - check the documentation that came with your computer, or check online on the manufacturers homepage etc - and then buy a type it supports (will be called either pc3200, pc3400, pc3600 and so on, or ddr400, ddr440 etc, which is just another name for it) preferably the same type that is already in it (check the memory sticks themselves, they should have a little note on them stating what type they are). Sometimes you can combine f.ex. pc3200 sticks with pc3400 etc but to be on the safe side you should have matched types. Also make sure you have room for more ram - some motherboards only have 2 slots and they might already be occupied. Most have 4 slots however. If you only have 2 slots and they are both filled with a 512mb stick each you will have to buy 2 1gig ram sticks and plug them in instead of the 512mb ones. My guess is you have 4 slots and 2 of them have a 512mb in them however.

Then just unplug the computer (pull out the power cord to be sure) wait a couple min, touch something grounded with your hands (a radiator f.ex.) to remove excess static electricity from yourself as it can damage computer components. Place the case on a level surface (with the motherboard side down) so you can easily work without shifting the case. Open the case, locate the ram slots on the motherboard, make sure the pins that snap shut and hold the ram are open, place a new ram stick gently on the slot and press gently down, applying more force if needed (they can actually take alot but be carefull, and you shouldnt have to press too hard), when the pins snap shut it should be secure and in place. Repeat for stick number two if you bought two. Replace case, power up, turn on comp and play. Dont have to do anything in the setup/bios or in windows etc.

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
cemi0 said:
I feel no improvements from 1GB to 1,5GB. It just ate up all extra RAM without running any smoother ^^ I have same graphiccard as you. Lets face it, its getting oldschool :( Should probably upgrade that in order to get better improvement.

as he said, his extra ram memory didn't make the game run smoother, and im a bit "scared" ( if i may say so) that it will be pointless to buy more ram, is there any way to be sure that it is just the ram that is the case here ?

And thanks for your guide how to install the ram if i need to buy it, i really appreciate the help :) thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom