Hello Midgard

A

-angelis-

I am most likely going to be deleting my characters in Hibernia/Excal to come here, was wondering what a good character to is? I had a level 22, 12, 10, 10 on Hibernia so I'm not sure on effective characters to play here, was thinking about a Skald or Thane if they are any decent...

Any help/advice appreciated :D

A

Archeon

Hmmm....

Skalds and Thanes are both good classes to go with, so heres the advise

1. Skalds and Thanes have magic powers that the other 2 tank classes don't have, as a result skald and thanes HP tables are the same a hunters

2. If you have a Skald/Thane, keep your cast stat to lvl. i heard some people don't max out their cast stat but thats a matter of opinion, but for the first 30-40 levels having a high cast lvl makes things much easier

3. Don't forget the most IMPORTANT RULE!!! if your planning on being a skald put points into CHARISMA, and PIETY for thanes. there is NO CLASS in midgard with a natural advantage with these stats so it's very important to do this, it might seem like a waste of points now but just wait till your charisma caps higher than those that didn't and you hit with your shouts for an extra 50-100 :)

4. all races can be skalds, but kobolds can't be thanes (or bezerkers :()

5. Str is the main weapon dmg stat in midgard, ask for str buffs over everything else :)

6. choose a weapon that looks cool, 1h swords for example all use the same animation for all the styles which makes for some fairly boring viewing

thats about it, apart from

7. don't beg for buffs/heals/res's ask respectfully and respect the healers responce. you'l make a lot more friends that way

8. in groups NEVER! start typing heal the moment you take a slight bit of dmg this isn't mir we can tell when you need healing and different healers have different styles

9. be nice, most people in midgard are if you find you have sombody you genuinly don't like just stick them on your ignore list i've seen entire groups break up just because two people don't like each toehr which wrecks the other peoples XPing. keep your disputes in private chat groups of PM's don't let it spill into group/guild chat

i think thats just about it, most of those are more sort of un-written rules though. shame to see one less hib though :/

A

-angelis-

Thanks for the reply :D could see people were viewing it but weren't replying heh :p so Trolls make the best Skalds? I am thiking 10 points in charisma like you said, 10 str and 10 constitution, I always go for hp over dexterity :)

A

Archeon

Hmm...

I think it says on the create screen that trolls don't make very good skalds due to their low charisma, i think this was a feature they left out because no race has a charisma advantage or disadvantage. but at the same time, as i mentioned skalds have a rouge HP table... what i forgot to mention is that skalds draw a lot of aggro, with their shouts, and hitting only slightly weaker than pure tanks combined with their low HP it means you'l probably end up dieing quite frequently, still its worth it when you get the oppertunity to use insta mes on that inf that thought he was about to PA ya :)

personally when speccing i have a habit of over-specced the main stat (using 20 stat points, to get 15 points instead of 10) seeing as most classes only rely on 1-2 stats. with a troll skald it would probably be a problem solved as they have a natural 100 str meaning you could overspec charisma and put the rest in con.

as for speccing its again up to you, try using catacombs before you start to spec but in my humble opinion keep Battle-songs to your lvl then keep your weap skill high and put the rest in parry (skalds can't spec in shields) once you get the better dmg songs groups will love you to bits (with my healer i've had the dmg chant doing more to the mob than my actual hit :D) and the song of travel just makes everything easier.

so to summerise if i were you i'd make somthing like this

=======

Troll Skald,
Constitution+10 Stat Points
Charisma+20 Stat Points

Battlesongs To Lvl,
Weap Skill,
Remained In Parry

=======

don't forget the main skald drawbacks

1. rouge HP
2. can only use small shields
3. can't use chain till lvl 20

don't forget, if you arn't having fun then chaces are your playing the wrong class :)

P

phillies

While Skald is an extremely fun character to play I would recommend building a Healer/shaman or tank since there allready are ALOT of skalds and almost a constant need of healers and tanks... I am well aware of the fact that healers do no damage but I'm told they should be alot of fun to play anyway... besides, everybody looove to group with healers and it isnt allways easy to get a group for skald (dunno about thanes though but i cant imagine ;) )... Ok, my advice is only based on the experience i have from lvl a skald to lvl 22 but when I build a new char it will definatly be a healer without a doubt! Anyways .. Whatever you decide to create just gimme a holla and I'll hook you up with what I have for whatever class you decide to make.

Just my 2 cents:D

A

AbPoon

I'd recommend going Shammy.

At the moment we have Thane and Skald over load, at the lair its very commen for half the fighters to be Skalds and half to be Thanes as everyone wants either Aoe and ranged spells (Which tbh are over rated as most tank fights are just tooth and nail battering each other) or they want run speed and be able 2 run around solo in emain for farming rp's , it rare for us to have more then a couple of Zerkers (Best tank in mid no doubt about this) or Warriors (Very under rated).

Shammys are great fun, wanted in groups because depending on your spec you get a respectable length root/aoe root aoe poison desise, Uber buffs (Even better when the end regen gets added to the Augmentation line) timer based dmg buff (Good for guards) resist buffs (Cavern unity is teh mutts :) ) or group hp regens and reasonable heals.

If i rerolled on Mid as something other then a tank it would be a shammy.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by AbPoon
Shammys are great fun, wanted in groups because depending on your spec you get a respectable length root/aoe root aoe poison desise, Uber buffs (Even better when the end regen gets added to the Augmentation line) timer based dmg buff (Good for guards) resist buffs (Cavern unity is teh mutts :) ) or group hp regens and reasonable heals.

the big problem with that though is that quite a few shammys are being made by folks with second accounts to be buff-bots, not that i find this lame in any way but it does tend to lead towards shammys getting a lack of respect.

i can't count the number of times as Dynn, and as Arch i've had a tank or a caster or a stealther bad-mouthing and saying i wasn't a team player because i didn't buff him. at this point i can't help point out that you can't get any more of a team player than a healer cause soloing isn't really a practical option :)

O

old.Leel

Well, if people wanna get buffed, they have to accept that they have to group with the buffer and contribute rp's to him as well. It goes both ways you know. I sometimes reject buffing people because I know they're just egoistic and will roam around solo anyway. And of course, group always goes first. If I don't have any conc left after buffing group (which is what normally happens) then I won't be buffing anybody else.

Users who are viewing this thread