News Hello everyone!

Lucius

Banned
Hello everyone, hope you are all well. I have found myself in what I consider to be an alien situation. This is because, for the first time in a while, I have somehow found the time to make quite a long post! I thought I'd just see how everyone is doing and keep people updated on what I'm up to nowadays - I hope others can do the same :).

Where to begin? Well, I've been rereading some of the old threads on this page and it brought back so many happy memories. It was especially nice to read my thread about being the first Master Enforcer character in Europe. I can't believe how excited and proud I was of myself - although I must admit I was a bit too proud.

We had some fantastic times in Thidranki, didn't we? My memory fails me nowadays but there are particular battles that still bring a smile to my face: Killing the Alb zerg during the days of <Clueless>, getting killed by the Hibs in the days of <Clueless>, camping the bridges with the <Tomte Soldiers> crew. Of course, a large period of my time in Thidranki is characterised by my obsession with titles and the achievement of my personal goals. First came MS on the Cabalist, then MS on the Bonedancer, then MS on the Healer, then BE on the Bonedancer and then, my last notable achievement, 25,000 kills on my Eldritch.

How is everyone? What are you all doing? Are you still playing DAoC? I have been off DAoC for about 6 months now, which actually feels like forever. I can't believe I havn't played for so long, I don't know how I've managed it. Well, actually, I do. I've got a great social life now (I am going out everyday) which is unfortunatly cut short because I have huge work commitments, which I don't mind because this is leading to something great for me. I came very close to going to the USA servers about 2 months ago. I installed everything up to Catacombs and subscribed for 1 month + the 14 day free trial. However, there were technical problems (which I could not be bothered to solve) and this prevented me from playing. Perhaps it was fate, haha. I think my PC was trying to tell me something - forget about DAoC :).

It is difficult to forget about DAoC, because I had such happy memories from it albeit my social life did suffer a bit from it. Luckily, on the academic side of things, I did not suffer as much and in fact I overshot my expectations which opened many doors for me.

Have I considered returning? Definatly. I know I won't, but I definately consider it and it is very appealing to me. To be able to run past AB/MB/HB again and once more breach the walls of Thidranki Faste is a tantilising prospect. I wonder whether I should return to the German servers, where I still have a very large number of friends and connections there. I made some very, very good friends there and I miss them all very much. However, I hear Thidranki there is dying and as much as I want to renew and check it out, I fear it may be another £8 wasted.

Now, we move on to the US servers - I've heard brilliant things about the USA. As I mentioned, I was very close to moving there and now that they are all being put into the supercluster Ywain it has left a fresh thought in my mind. I heard the Thidranki action is amazing there, although it will never match the ferocious and intense competition of the German servers. I made some extremely bitter rivals there, even worse so than here, if that is at all possible hehe :).

Of course, returning to Dyvet is not an option. To here that the highest number of people on at a time is in the single-figures ... well, I don't know about you but that upsets me. Remember how fun it used to be? Ah well, all good things have to come to an end. I got the feeling we had a really good community going there.

This brings me on to my next point. You see, I have a mental list of atleast 50 people in my head that I want to catch up on. Of course, I cannot recite that now because I will forget people. However, if you ever thought that you knew me please, please get in contact, that would be fantastic. Hey, even if you are an old enemy, get in contact, I want to talk to as many of you as possible - it has been too long :).

If you've read this far, well done, perhaps it is naive and arrogant of me to think that anyone cares what I get up to, but nevermind :).

Well, I am so busy that I could, and perhaps should, be persuing work at the moment but I have to have some time off, eh? I thought this thread would be a good oppertunity of others to post what they are up to and how their life is going at the moment - considering the Thidranki community here was such a close-knit community I feel it would be a great way of having some good old banter and rekindling some old friendships. You don't have to write a life story like me :))) but it would be nice to hear from some of the oldies.

Ok, that's me done for tonight. If you want to get in contact just PM me. Take care all :).

/Dori

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
WALL OF TEXT! tl;dr

Will do when hangovers go over

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice to hear things are working out. Judging from all ol' flame-posts on this forum, a few people would probably be surprised by this ^^.

Things on this end istn't going THAT awesomely. Haven't been able to get into the education I'd hoped for, perhaps due to the growing number of students since the economy is the way it is. Can't really say for certain I'd get admitted if it was like normal though, but it sure sucks anyways :p.

So I'm off to get a job instead.

Every now and then I get the urge to play some daoc again, good thing freeshards exists. Usually enjoy playing infiltrator / cleric / mercenary and even minstrels recently. Shards' are nice in that they give you the option to quickly try out a fully twinked char, so I've gotten to enjoy quite a few classes I wouldn't have tried otherwise ;).

But they've also got the most zerging/adding/lamest/whining community of all, so things get boring very quickly.

Now givf free 7 days on Dyvet again already! Gotta raid some sidi ;D

/Syv/Syw

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice to see some old thid ppl knocking about. Dont know if you remember me but i am currently playing in the Uthgard freeshard, along with some other people from excal/pryd. I know that there are many many old EU players on this server in all three realm.. ran across some high ex-RR ppl on both hib and mid...

I've also wanted to go to US servers or possibly German ones(i still have lots of thid chars there on alb: theu, sorc etc.) Would be fun to get some ppl together and play on the german servers, if only for a month. I've discussed this with other people but nothing has really happened!

Lucius

Banned
Nice to see some old thid ppl knocking about. Dont know if you remember me but i am currently playing in the Uthgard freeshard, along with some other people from excal/pryd. I know that there are many many old EU players on this server in all three realm.. ran across some high ex-RR ppl on both hib and mid...

I've also wanted to go to US servers or possibly German ones(i still have lots of thid chars there on alb: theu, sorc etc.) Would be fun to get some ppl together and play on the german servers, if only for a month. I've discussed this with other people but nothing has really happened!

Hi Hamro, nice to hear from you. I remember you from Bane of Thidranki.

I think, if you want to renew, the best place to go would be to the US servers and play Thid there, because on the German servers Thidranki is practically dead - otherwise I would have renewed my account there by now. It would be great if we could get some people together to play on the German servers though. Although Thidranki is pretty much dead over there I could post on the German forums about a Thid event - they always attract loads of action over there (150+ in Thidranki the last time there was one).

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi Hamro, nice to hear from you. I remember you from Bane of Thidranki.

I think, if you want to renew, the best place to go would be to the US servers and play Thid there, because on the German servers Thidranki is practically dead - otherwise I would have renewed my account there by now. It would be great if we could get some people together to play on the German servers though. Although Thidranki is pretty much dead over there I could post on the German forums about a Thid event - they always attract loads of action over there (150+ in Thidranki the last time there was one).

Sound a bit too much work for the german servers tbh...the US pop at euro primetime is what? I didn't check the pop of German cluster lately so it might have gone down the drain has it? US sounds appealing.. Dont think i will bother with 50 RvR because everyone there is already RR13 etc, the rest of the ppl quit DAoC. That's my impression at least.

The funniest option would be to round up some of the old timers from here and join forces make guild on US and play thid there with eachother.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Just as a little sidenote, even though I'm not such a huge BG fan: My experience is, that Molvik is much more crowded than Thid on US, so if you want to roll there, you should just get lvl 39 and kill some in Molvik.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Molvik is quite good, your high enough to have to think about doing stuff, yet without all the uberstuff that you need for 50.

I preferred the level 49 server on classic, that was great for 8 vs 8 action

Toxic

Loyal Freddie
still as dumb a twat as you used to be huh chris ;) sup with you you old nagger

jaysssus somethin never change ...i.e. you trollin' it up in here!!!

:cheers:

PS I am your mother.........

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
jaysssus somethin never change ...i.e. you trollin' it up in here!!!

:cheers:

PS I am your mother.........
your a fothermucker.. and i dont troll, i just randomly spam shit...err..?

Toxic

Loyal Freddie
your a fothermucker.. and i dont troll, i just randomly spam shit...err..?

u troll it up BIG TIME!!!
:iagree:

lol what do you do with your time now anyway? pr0n can only take up so much of your time like...

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
u troll it up BIG TIME!!!
:iagree:

lol what do you do with your time now anyway? pr0n can only take up so much of your time like...
having loads of fun, got a new job and trolling around, im done with MMO's for now, but i do tend to get on FH now and then ;) and i play my PS3 once or twice in a day, as for rest of life, moving out soon, got a new apartment and im moving in with someone who claims she can handle listening to my bullshit. so time will tell what's gonna happen next xd how about yourself supernerdm8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom