Hello all

B

bylin

Well another ex DAOC player by way of SWG checking in. Got the game yesterday and after getting over the visuals which at first I found a bit washy (my settings perhaps) love what I've experienced so far.

I'm on Ragnarok and have one quick question. Is the Bazaar the same as the auction house? I'm trying to buy starting armour and weapons and the old fashoioned approach of screaming in the parade square for a crafter doesn't seem to work.

While I'm bothering everyone, any idea at what level a warrior can use a 2H sword? I justwant to see that wild rabbits expression when I pull one out!

O

old.tRoG

You're usually best to stay with your starting armour/weapon the first few levels, then splash out some of the money you should have earned on some decent equipment.

Oh, and get signet cast on you. Helps with the cash :D

F

Faeldawn

The bazarre is your own personal shop, and is accessed by other players by examining you.

The auction house is where players sell their wares, kind of community shop if you like (same deal as SWG except you bid on stuff).

No idea about the sword, weapons are lvl dependant, as in each weapon has a minimum lvl at which you can use it. So if you can find a lvl 1 2-hand sword, you should be able to use it PROVIDED that it says the weapon is useable by your class (lil bit at the weapons description on the bottom BLM = Black Mage, WHM = White Mage, WAR = Warrior etc).

If you have a half-decent computer you can up the settings significantly. I run an AMD 1.2, ATI Radeon 9000 128 DDR and 512 RAM and i can run it at just below max setting with no frame lag.

Improving the settings is very noticeable on graphics, certainly improves the "bitty" tundra ground effects that can be annoying.

Apart from that, from another ex-DAoC, ex- SW:G player, welcome to FFXI ;)

B

bylin

Thanks all. I quite like Ragnarok but if I were to beg a world pass would I have to start again (and lose my 3 whole levels!)

Oh the heartache.

N

-Nxs-

Yes you would have to re-create your character.

Best to do it after only 3 levels tho and get on the server where most of the other Euro players hang out - otherwise you may find getting a group later on hard, as other people will not be around when you are.

Anyway - welcome to FFXI :)

B

bylin

The world transfers happen today so hope to create a new 'toon for Bismark tonight. See you soon I hope

O

old.tRoG

Huzzah :D

You'll be the same level as me in a couple of hours :p

B

bylin

Thats it, I'm home.

My old Alb name didn't look right on an Elveen so if you should stumble across Wardancer on your troubles, stop by and say hello. Level five beckons!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom