Heinz Peanut Satay Dipping Sauce

Damini

Part of the furniture
Is fantastic.

Bruv bought some down for Kenny from Manchester, so I have no idea where you can buy them from, but I just felt duty bound to tell you that it is the business.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Satay in general is awesome, I always make my own to go on some chicken when we have BBQs. :D

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
*de-lurks*

I got it from Tesco in Bury. I'd drink it by the glass if I could afford it (and wasn't afraid of the terrible, nightmarish diarrhoea doing that would almost certainly induce). I've no idea if it's widely available elsewhere. Could be one of those regional differences like not being able find saveloys in the chip shops here...

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Care to check the jar and see if it's gluten free?

Damini

Part of the furniture
Sorry, it does have gluten in it :(

dysfunction

FH is my second home
just make your own...its very easy

1 small onion finely chopped
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
1 fresh red chilli deseeded and finely chopped or +/- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder to your taste
100g crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon of lime juice
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry it in the sesame oil until soft. Stir in the peanut butter and chilli powder, adding some water (maybe 100ml) to get to the right thickness. Heat for about five minutes and keep stirring. Add more water if the sauce is becoming too thick. Finally, stir in the soy sauce and the lime juice and heat for a further minute.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
It's not the amoy stuff. I have the amoy stuff in my fridge too, but it's not a patch on the heinz goodness.

Interesting, I couldn't find any mention of the Heinz sauce on their own site, a few expat shopping sites had it on google results, but not on the actual page. It's as if it's been discontinued to contains Sudan 1.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I see a business opporchancity opening for you Dam, you should buy it all out and sell it onto us FH'ers ;)

Damini

Part of the furniture
Pfft. I've learnt from the Guinness marmite experience. If I see any, I'm stockpiling enough to see out a nuclear winter, and to hell with everyone else.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Pfft. I've learnt from the Guinness marmite experience. If I see any, I'm stockpiling enough to see out a nuclear winter, and to hell with everyone else.

Hehe, hurry up Dami, those dirty Soviet bastards are making a comeback. Better get down to the shops asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom