heeelp with assignment please

Ezteq

Queen of OT
right before you even say anything shh!!

i am not a nerd so be quiet this was just the only thing i could find to write on that was fun, interesting and that i actually know about.

for my extended english essay im doing an analysis on shakespeares influence on star trek (shuttit!!) and ive come across something rather interesting but i need to know whether its true and i need some thing (i.e. a link to the source) to back it up

did Goebbel's ever claim (or try to) that shakespeare was german? or if any of you know off the top of their heads about any other nationality trying to claim s'speare for themselves? (aside from klingons, i mean like earth based nationalities).

many thanks

ez

xxx

Bahumat

FH is my second home
"Captain Jon Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise. Shall i compare thee, to a summers day!"

Picard spouts Shakespear all the time so there is an influence.

Why does him being German or English matter?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture

i am not a nerd so be quiet this was just the only thing i could find to write on that was fun, interesting and that i actually know about.

for my extended english essay im doing an analysis on shakespeares influence on star trek (shuttit!!) and ive come across something rather interesting but i need to know whether its true and i need some thing (i.e. a link to the source) to back it up

did Goebbel's ever claim (or try to) that shakespeare was german? or if any of you know off the top of their heads about any other nationality trying to claim s'speare for themselves? (aside from klingons, i mean like earth based nationalities).

many thanks

ez

xxx

You won't get any help from me >) Research the work, get it done and be a good boi or no hot chocolate before you go to bed :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
You won't get any help from me >) Research the work, get it done and be a good boi or no hot chocolate before you go to bed :p

psst

<-- girl ;)

i am researching thats how I came upon the idea that Goebbles tried to spread propaganda saying that s'speare was actually german, i just needed to back it up and couldnt find anything.

However thanks for that great link neff thats just what I needed :D

oh and the s'speare star trek thing well any trekkie will know that in the original series and tng there were frequent references to s'speare through out the story lines and im looking at why they chose him i.e. did the work of s'speare encompass humanity or was it simply the yanks nicking his ideas in order to make the show seem more intelectual (not in those exact words ofc lol) and tbh i couldnt find any data r.e. my other essay ideas so this one was really the only option for me

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
oh and the s'speare star trek thing well any trekkie will know that in the original series and tng there were frequent references to s'speare through out the story lines and im looking at why they chose him i.e. did the work of s'speare encompass humanity or was it simply the yanks nicking his ideas in order to make the show seem more intelectual (not in those exact words ofc lol) and tbh i couldnt find any data r.e. my other essay ideas so this one was really the only option for me

Theres so many influences in Startrek from drama and literature from that era, it is scary. Not to mention their fascination with Rogers and Hammerstein :eek7:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
psst

<-- girl ;)

i am researching thats how I came upon the idea that Goebbles tried to spread propaganda saying that s'speare was actually german, i just needed to back it up and couldnt find anything.

However thanks for that great link neff thats just what I needed :D

Sorry about the sex thang, but still no hot choccie before bed time unless you get it done :p And Goebbles was an idiot xD

Nate

FH is my second home
I heard Bahu was German aswell, till he had a nationality op! :O

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
pft, i got you figured - you wanna prove that star trek was nazi! if goebbel claimed shakespere to be german and star trek is qouting him all the time they surely must be nasiz! NAZISYMPATHIZER! (+/- bad spelling)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
And Goebbles was an idiot xD

That my friend is a two edged sword. I think that he has done many many wrong things, but he doesn't qualify as an idiot. In fact, he was a master of speech and not without a reason the propaganda minister.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
just did.....dont see how that has ANY relevance to either star trek or shakesphere tho tbh :p

lol i was researching my essay and found that someone said that Goebbles had tried to claim that shakespeare was a German, now in my essay I am contradicting an arguement given that the frequent use of s'speare in ST was because the Americans were trying to claim s'speare as their own... that clear?

*warning*

if this makes any sense to anyone that isn't me please seek medical assistance immeadiately, and don't attempt to operate heavy machinery.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
lol i was researching my essay and found that someone said that Goebbles had tried to claim that shakespeare was a German, now in my essay I am contradicting an arguement given that the frequent use of s'speare in ST was because the Americans were trying to claim s'speare as their own... that clear?

*warning*

if this makes any sense to anyone that isn't me please seek medical assistance immeadiately, and don't attempt to operate heavy machinery.

oh jesus!.......*jumps out of crane*........*while falling* " god dam it not again!"

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH

many thanks

ez

xxx

dunno how relevent this is but alot of shakespeares plays are direct copies of old stories from different countries, most notably italy. If you read up a bit on Othello, youll see its based on a earlier italien story, forgotten the name of it,

Bahumat

FH is my second home
dunno how relevent this is but alot of shakespeares plays are direct copies of old stories from different countries, most notably italy. If you read up a bit on Othello, youll see its based on a earlier italien story, forgotten the name of it,

Shakespeare also stole material from Dandy Beano

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom