Heavenly Sword review

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
IGN: Heavenly Sword Review

Very suprised the game is only 6-7 hours long, Sony had hinted at something more substantial along the lines of God of War.

Closing Comments
So, all that in mind, is Heavenly Sword a bad game? No, it’s not – although it certainly seems that someone, somewhere, forgot to ensure they were piling those glorious peripheral trimmings on a game worthy of all that Sony gold. Combat is undoubtedly the title’s strength and offers some immensely satisfying thrills when you actually get your hands on your sword. Projectile combat, too, is entertaining in its own right – although nowhere near enough to carry such lengthy sequences as is demanded here. What you’re paying for then with Heavenly Sword is the grandiose spectacle, the overblown production values and the chance to show just what your PS3’s capable of when given the chance. It’s a benchmark in presentation for console gaming and the lavishness of the show might well be enough for you to overcome the game’s significant failings. There’s definitely some kind of fun to be had here – albeit of the one-engaged brain cell variety – but make no mistake: Heavenly Sword takes the age-old mantra of style over substance and drags it kicking and screaming into the next generation.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Games like this need the 360 controller, the demo fucked my hand in combination with the too small too light six axis bollocks.

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
Thought this was going to be the 1st big hit on the PS3 but guess not. Good job though im too poor to buy a Ps3 atm :p

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The reviews are really spread on this one. Some have given it 9's and even a 10 somewhere, but Edge give it a 6 (which puts it at like a 7-7.5 on a normal non-Edge scale).

I'll wait to see what people who buy it think of it.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
edges reviews arent what they used to be tho. still a top mag but a few reviews they done in the past makes the final score look odd.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
mine turned up today, the opening is nice with button massing sequence with loadsa enemys present , the slap bang in the middle theres a black loading screen. not what you want from a game that when you put the disc in spends a good 2 mins sortting out hdd save file or somat. its kinda button masshing friendly but the kewl kick ass moves dont let you notice it that much. gfx wise and sound wise this is very spectacular easy as well but im liking it.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
hack n slash, like gow (god of war not gears of wat)

but its stunningly beutiful apart from the initial hd isntall thing that takes a few mins im glad i got it, dont agree with many reviews tho yes its short, they said the same thing about gears of wars when that came out. but its fun i got used to the siraxix controls by the 3rd mission/stage even tho cross bow bits are easy.

one thing that hasnt been mention is the sound its great on my systeam, up the subs tempo abit and its even better:)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I probably will pick it up sometime, just not until I manage to make a reasonable dent in my PS2 backlog (and that isn't happening because of Jeanne D'Arc).

Aada

Part of the furniture
Hack n Slash not my thing really but it looks pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom