Heat, Computers, BAD

A

adams901

Hi,

I think the Heat is melting my Keyboard, my CPU and Motherboard are both below 34C but my Keyboard is mucho messed up.

When ever I try to type a sentance it does one of the following things on a regular basis.

1) A key press closed the window im working in or deletes what I wrote (I have noticed this happen with the N key, but it doesnt always happen and has happened with other keys).

2) Sometimes a key press will insert a number infront of the letters, when I press the letter D sometimes it ads a 4 and shows as d3, again this isnt only limited to that letter and it doesnt always happen.

It has taken me over 10 mins to type this message as random letters keep deleteing the whole text.

now A is doing it, this has only just started happening, any ideas on what is causing this, I have tried unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in.

L

LazyJim

Well have u spilt anything on it? or anyone else while you weren't looking?

standard procedure is borrow another keyboard and see if using that will solve the problem, meaning the keyboard itself has a fault.

if swaping keyboard makes no difference, then concider damaged mother board, corrupt driver files, or a virus. :eek:

S

smurkin

well..the classic is if u have a wireless keyboard...and a close associate has the same keyboard...and his typing occurs on ur screen :eek:

F

FatBusinessman

Originally posted by Miles_Binck
51°F at 100% load

Ok, either you mean 51°C, or you have some kind of uber-cooling, because 51°F equates to about 10°C.

D

danger

Vapochill? hmm my cpu is running hot in this weather... got my zalman fan on full and it's running at 60C idle with the case assembled... 54C with the sides off.... case fans seem to make very little difference. I've got a shitty AMD palamino core chip though... those guys run uber hot :(

M

Memphis2K

Originally posted by FatBusinessman
Ok, either you mean 51°C, or you have some kind of uber-cooling, because 51°F equates to about 10°C.
nope I meant 51°F. My computer isn't the greatest spec ;)

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

My comp is running at 68°C just running a few applications, is that bad?

It seems stable though, its not crashing.

K

kameleon

My PIII 600eb system runs at 72 degrees Im not worried ive got 10 more degrees to play with.

N

nath

Hmm, was gunna start a new thread but this place seems about right.

My new P4 2.8 HT is running really rather hot atm. 55 ish idle with the case of, playing games puts it +70 which sets my hw monitor going mental cos 70 is the alarm mark.

Does anyone know what a safe temp is for the HT p4s? Also, any ideas on how to cool it more? The blood retail cpu HSF runs at 2200 rpm even when it gets uber hot, strikes me as being a bit low really?

Anyone got any ideas what I can do?

Cheers

C

CptDoom

Originally posted by nath
Hmm, was gunna start a new thread but this place seems about right.

My new P4 2.8 HT is running really rather hot atm. 55 ish idle with the case of, playing games puts it +70 which sets my hw monitor going mental cos 70 is the alarm mark.

Does anyone know what a safe temp is for the HT p4s? Also, any ideas on how to cool it more? The blood retail cpu HSF runs at 2200 rpm even when it gets uber hot, strikes me as being a bit low really?

Anyone got any ideas what I can do?

Cheers

Same here, insanely hot 77 on americas army till my motherboard decides to shut the pc down after a nice little warning.

Same chip too....

A

adams901

My P4 reaches 55C while playing BF1942, unfortunately it looks like my graphics card (Crucial 9700 Pro) can't handle the heat, after a while everything becomes jerky and unplayable :(

C

Clowneh!

55! i need to lower my 60 degree idle temp :/
i think its the 5 quid hs and fan on it tho :)

athlon 1600+, side off, two fans

C

Cdr

Install the monitor and forever be glued to the readings - it sends you paranoid.

I suggest ignoring the temp, unless your PC is crashing a lot, and even then it may not be temp related.

DONT SUCCUMB TO THE MONITOR - FOR IT IS BAD!!!!

(Mine rarely gets above 54, even in this hot weather)

E

Embattle

Nath & CptDoom - Retail HSFs aren't that good and you might want to replace it, this is also going to aid ocing in the future. You might also want to make sure it is properly secured otherwise it may not be contacting with the processor properly.

Adams - You might want to add some case fans.

T

throdgrain

This is true. My old p3 1000mhz used to run at up to 70 deg when it was hot, in fact I think I saw it at 75 deg too.
My old xp2000+ used to run at about 60-odd, then I changed to a xp2600+ , but with a new heatsink rather than the one fitted by evesham.
Suddenly it's running at 50 deg maximum , and thats yesterday evening when it was very very hot, and mostly it runs at about 41 - 44 degrees.
There is definately more noise though, I wonder if the manufacturers of the original pc used the other heatsink because it was quieter, yet still within the acceptable heat range as stated by Athlon.
Which brings me to my other point. The P3 is now 2 and a half years old at least, is used every day, and still works fine.
So I shouldnt worry about it too much :)

E

ECA

pleh dont bother with all this extra case fans malarky.

Just buy a vapochill and never worry about overheating again.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by adams901
you mean 5 case fans are not enough :(

How have you got them setup?

BTW my computer case is hot enough to fry an egg on while playing BF1942 :)

A

adams901

2 at the front blowing in, 2 at the back blowing out, one on the side blowing in.

S

Sawtooth

With my water cooling Im gettiing a system temp of 42oC and a cpu (internal cpu temp, not surface mounted sensor)) of 54oC.
I think putting my radiator outside the case was a good idea in this weather. Im also running my radiator fan at 12V rather than 6V, bit noisier but it sheds a few degrees. I used the same cooling for my Northbridge and grafics card and haven't seen probs yet. Seems pretty stable. Under load it doesnt really move temp much, maybe gets as high as 56oC playing UT2003.

E

Embattle

Between the Processor and HSF.

I always kept my rad outside when using watercooling.

V

vofflujarnid

My system is running at 20° degrees celsius and my P4 1.7Ghz, 400mhz fsb, socket 423 cpu is at 32° degrees.

I've got a pre-modded Xoxide X300 Super Mid-Tower with 5 fans.

1x 120mm intake at front (Ball-Bearing).
2x 80mm exhaust at back.
1x 80mm intake at the side window.
1x 80mm exhaust at the top.

Haven't regretted buying this case once. Having a fan at the top of the case is really good since heat from the motherboard and all the devices, moves up.

W

Wilier

I have a really cheap case with 2 80mm intake and 2 80mm exhaust (running a bit slower), an Akasa AK821 cooling my OC'd XP2100.
System temp is 32C, cpu full load is 48C.

And thats in a case with 2ide HDDs, CDRW, DVD, and 3 15k rpm SCSI3 drives.

Adams:
Part of the problem may be if you have a lot of dust in your case. You say you have 3 intake fans. Do they have dust filters fitted? The trick is to try and create a very slightly positive pressure in the case, so dust dosnt get sucked in through any gaps. When you have them set-up, try holding a match or lighter next to the case joins, if the flame gets sucked in, the balance isnt quite right.
I would recommend getting a can of compressed air and giving all your heatsinks and the blades on the fans a good blow down. If dust builds up on either it will drastically reduce their efficiency.

Another point is your PSU. I recently fitted a (admittedly cheap) 400watt Q-Tec thing in mine which has 2 fans fitted, and it dropped my sytem and CPU temps by about 5deg.

A

adams901

Embattle MY CPU and System Board Temps are OK

CPU - 33-35 Idle, 50-55 under load
MB - 33-35 Idle, 50-55 under load

I think its the graphics card that's overheating because my FPS and Ping are ok but it starts to get jerky after a while.

Willier, I dont have filters fitted but I usually open up my case and give it s good blast of compressed air at least once a month. I have 2 fans on my PSU as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom