Heartburn from hell! :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Started just over 24 hours ago and have hardly slept since, tried Rennie, Gaviscon tablets, milk and water but nothing is giving any relief at all. I am totally in bits at the moment. :(

Any suggestions?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol are you absolutely sure it's not a heart attck man? I mean when people get a little heartburn they go 'omfg heart attack!!!', this could be the other way round, call 999 if its not a heart attack at least they could zap you with the paddles anyway and maybe that'd clear it up?

Get well soon!!

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i had a similar thing a couple of weeks ago that lasted 2 weeks and so did my housemate a week later

Weird

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
24 hours? Still going on? Medicine not helping?

Hmm, i know it's a longshot and i'm just like, completely thinking outside the box and all but, you could....just suggesting, just suggesting, don't go holding this against me if it somehow backfires or something, i just thought it might be a good idea you know, no need to follow up on it or anything, but i've noticed that in this kind of a situation...personal experience here, so, might not be for you, just spitballing here and i repeat don't hold it against me or anything, but i think, you know...go see a doctor :p

Olgaline

FH is my second home
You have advanced cubixtitus, the only known cure is to square it out.
also, advanced cubixtitus can lead to aids of the toe.

30rock146.jpg

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Hammer down a bunch of Trebor XXX mints. If the pain continues, go to the doctor and they'll most likely subscribe you with 15mg Lansoprazole.

If the mints do absolutely nothing, you may have a stomach ulcer which the meds will clear up.

If it did a bit but not enough, you may be stuck with the meds for quite a while. :(

Either way, doing nothing about stomach acid can do long term damage so get it seen to if mints/rennie do nothing for you. Oh and cut back on processed food for a while, especially anything which you put in the microwave...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hammer down a bunch of Trebor XXX mints. If the pain continues, go to the doctor and they'll most likely subscribe you with 15mg Lansoprazole.

If the mints do absolutely nothing, you may have a stomach ulcer which the meds will clear up.

If it did a bit but not enough, you may be stuck with the meds for quite a while. :(

Either way, doing nothing about stomach acid can do long term damage so get it seen to if mints/rennie do nothing for you. Oh and cut back on processed food for a while, especially anything which you put in the microwave...

Already done lanzaprole, not helped at all. :(

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Get yourself to a doctor and ask for something like Lansoprazole, which is a Proton Pump Inhibitor. It will reduce the amount of acid in your stomach better than Gaviscon.

Edit: oh. seen your post above :) Try a different one, there are more PPI's than just that one. Try a different one.

The thing with Lansoprazole, you can't eat for 30 mins after taking it, or use Gaviscon for a few hours after.

Laddey

FH is my second home
I suffer from it alot.

I went doctors, he said bla bla and prescribed me some Lanzoprasole 15mg. They worked f'in wonders man. I'd take them and not have heartburn for like 2 weeks. Then the body must of become immune to them ;D i'm now on 30mg Lanzoprasole.

Go see your Doc, he will fix you up with some of them badboys

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I suffer from it alot.

I went doctors, he said bla bla and prescribed me some Lanzoprasole 15mg. They worked f'in wonders man. I'd take them and not have heartburn for like 2 weeks. Then the body must of become immune to them ;D i'm now on 30mg Lanzoprasole.

Go see your Doc, he will fix you up with some of them badboys

While it isn't very nice, I'd personally suggest trying to get back down to 15mg and don't take them unless it hurts a fair amount.

I basically started to get a little heartburn and used mints to calm it down but I took too many. Going to the doctors, he prescribed Lansoprazole and I used them too often, whenever I got just a small twinge. It got pretty severe, I couldn't eat very much and was constantly in pain, still using those capsules all the time. It wasn't until I started cutting them down that the pain started to go away. I now occasioanlly have mints, occasionally have the capsules but only if it really starts to work. It's far too tempting as short term, they'll provide relief but remember that long term, they're changing the way the stomach produces acid... the doctor explained none of this as per bloody usual.

On the flip side, you can't just cold turkey them... if gone unchecked for too long, acid can damage your oesophagus as it isn't properly protected like your stomach (that's where the reflux pain comes in).

Hard to balance but generally people will way way overdo acid medicines. Change your diet to being more healthy while trying to cut them down...

Laddey

FH is my second home
While it isn't very nice, I'd personally suggest trying to get back down to 15mg and don't take them unless it hurts a fair amount.

I basically started to get a little heartburn and used mints to calm it down but I took too many. Going to the doctors, he prescribed Lansoprazole and I used them too often, whenever I got just a small twinge. It got pretty severe, I couldn't eat very much and was constantly in pain, still using those capsules all the time. It wasn't until I started cutting them down that the pain started to go away. I now occasioanlly have mints, occasionally have the capsules but only if it really starts to work. It's far too tempting as short term, they'll provide relief but remember that long term, they're changing the way the stomach produces acid... the doctor explained none of this as per bloody usual.

On the flip side, you can't just cold turkey them... if gone unchecked for too long, acid can damage your oesophagus as it isn't properly protected like your stomach (that's where the reflux pain comes in).

Hard to balance but generally people will way way overdo acid medicines. Change your diet to being more healthy while trying to cut them down...

Ta for that mate. I'll take it into consideration.

Somebody told me about chuwing a pickled onion ;D weather this will work or make it worse i do not know! :D

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Ta for that mate. I'll take it into consideration.

Somebody told me about chuwing a pickled onion ;D weather this will work or make it worse i do not know! :D

I'm not so sure but your stomach acid has a pH of around 2 and acetic acid has a pH of 2.5-3 ish. I don't think it'd make it any worse but could be wrong.

I just cannot be anywhere near raw onions for some reason; just a small amount puts me in agony yet when they're cooked, they're absolutely fine, heh.

Just go for fresh food, eat smaller meals more often and try to stay upright more after a meal... too many people lie down after a meal...heartburn is most likely to be acid reflux thus, lying down is going to negate the positives of gravity in this case! :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
sooo, the 'burning' (haha) question is, did cho make it or did he combust??

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
what is heartburn exactly?

im not trolling, im just wondering

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Its like indigestion but really bad I think?

Can someone call chodax (employ his bat signal...pair of boobs against the night sky) because I've not seen him since he posted this and am getting concerned!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, acid reflux, burning sensation in the throat, chest etc. Tummy acids hopping up or some such.

Also a movie from the 80s with meryl streep :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Its like indigestion but really bad I think?

Can someone call chodax (employ his bat signal...pair of boobs against the night sky) because I've not seen him since he posted this and am getting concerned!

Thanks babe. :)

Slowly starting to feel ok, basically here is what happened.

Went out Saturday night, got shitfaced on my usual vodka and coke tipple. Woke Sunday morning, throat was sore and stomach a bit off but a Resolve helped me get through the day. By the evening my stomach was starting to feel on fire and the lower part of my throat felt like it was swelling closed. Woke up Monday morning and actually thought I might be dying or my stomach had ruptured, melodramatic maybe but I really was in serious pain...

...so I tried a ton of stuff to help settle my stomach down but nothing was helping. The only thing I could get in was water, anything hot or acidic just ripped my guts apart to the point of crying like a little girl. I rang NHS Direct, useless cnuts spent 30 minutes telling me to do all the things I had already done. I took more lanzaprole so at least my stomach wasn't pumping more acid onto an already very sore stomach and upper intestine.

Tuesday morning was a touch better but still in bits, hadn't been able to eat for almost 2 days and drinking was still mighty painful. Booked an emergency appointment with my G.P. and within 2 minutes he sent me directly to the local hospital. Spent hours there, underwent numerous tests and had a camera shoved down into my stomach, then they gave me the results. I had ulcers all down the back of my throat and into my stomach, my throat and stomach was also red raw, most probably my upper intestines too. The doctors didn't know what to make of it and said even drinking an awful lot of alcohol should not have had this effect. Anyway they put me on more meds, I have been limited to drinking glucose drinks and water until weekend when they will reassess me.

As it stands I still have ulcers in my throat, I know because I feel them every time I talk or drink. My stomach seems to have settled down, probably the lanzaprole and gaviscon are giving it a chance to heal but sadly my throat seems to be healing very very slowly to the point where I am still not sleeping much. Have lost 4lb in weight so far and not in a good way, basically feel like crap. Spoke to my brother who has a Phd in Bio-medical sciences, he is convinced that the vodka I was served came from an illegal source and must have contained methanol at above safe levels. The problem is that I drank in 5 different places that night and so I cannot isolate where it might have happened, regardless I have spoken to trading standards anyway and they are going to look into it.

In future I am going to have to stick to crap like Smirnoff ice if I want vodka, at least I know what I am getting that way.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Also, if not the alcohol, could be glass.

Not as uncommon as one might think, a bit broken bottle, worn out glass etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom