Health resource websites

Ezteq

Queen of OT
There have been a number of thread posted in the "help i've got.." topic and people asking for help and advice, which none of us here are actually qualified to give except for common sense suggestions.

Here are a list of professional websites all with good solid information which can help you to find out more information about exicting illnesses or diagnose symptoms that have occured.

Patients | Health Information | Medicines Guide | Patient.co.uk

NHS Direct - Health & Medical Information (this is for diagnosing and assessing on the spot illness rather than long term, so if you have a sudden pain or condition that your panicking about go here)

NetDoctor.co.uk - The UK's leading independent health website

Patientlinks - your number one health portal and point of information . (this has lists of charities and support groups for people with long term illnesses)

Embarrassing Problems

www.cks.library.nsh.uk/patient_information

BBC - Health

NHS Choices which has information on almost everything and also has a resourse which maps the route of treatment usually followed by GPs when treating an ailment, anything from asthma to cancer, it's not very easy to navigate but youre all IT literate so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd appreciate it if a mod could sticky (and lock) this thread as the information here may be needed in the future rather than immediately.

I hope this may be of use to you if and when you need it and if yu can't get a hold of your GP, or if you have a problem and want to research it further.

Ez
xxx

Helme

Resident Freddy
I just google any symptom I get, usually pain in jaw comes up as some sort of brain tumour but what the hell..

Mey

Part of the furniture
Etzeq are you getting broody because its summer, your starting to act like our mummies! *shuffles feet*

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I would advise people to go to Lab Tests Online UK: Welcome! for any queries regarding clinical lab tests. All fluids are catered for, including blood, urine, stool, CSF, pleural effusion, lymph, saliva and good old fashioned man-fat.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just put in the latest hit game from Nintendo, "Wii Doctor", and get an analysis by sticking the wiimote up your bum and shaking it like you just don't care :D

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
ill check out embarrasing problems.. just to sort it all out for our vlad :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Just put in the latest hit game from Nintendo, "Wii Doctor", and get an analysis by sticking the wiimote up your bum and shaking it like you just don't care :D

i thought that was just the normal way to use them tbh Oo

*sniffs wiimote*

Mmm

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

That's the Wii Fit exercise for abs and buttocks. Luckily Wii fit comes with a years supply of KY Jelly in a 5 gallon tin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom