Healing Warden RA's

P

panzer

I blew my final respec going from 49 nurt 39 blades to 49 nurt 42 regrowth, but am looking for some advice about the best RA's to support this.

So far ive picked up purge, aug acq 2, serenity 2 and MCL. Ive got 9 points left, so am after some advice as to what to get next.

Is MCL 2 and eventually raging power worth it?

Should i put points into master of parry for better defense?

Is higher serenity worth it ?

All advice is appreciated.

T

Tyka

that should be fine, pretty nice spec you got there btw :)

good luck, you will be wanted in many groups.

M

Mirhen Morkir

I have serenity 3 on my warden, and i love that fact that i regen mana in combat with PBT running.:D

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Mirhen Morkir
I have serenity 3 on my warden, and i love that fact that i regen mana in combat with PBT running.:D

If you want to heal and run pbt, serenity 3 is a must imho.

T

Tyka

I think you will be fine with serenity 2.

On a side note, in SI there will be jewelry who adds +1-3 power regen (serenity) :)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Tyka

On a side note, in SI there will be jewelry who adds +1-3 power regen (serenity) :)

OOHH, GIV JEWEL! :)

O

old.Zarko

that should be fine, pretty nice spec you got there btw :)

good luck, you will be wanted in many groups.

Can only verify Tyka's comment, Gordy one of our wardens has this spec aswell and can only say we love it.

And 2 in serenity is enough imho. Have you thought about purge and IP?

E

Erekrose

Im going for a 33 spec in regrowth. At level 47 unless your grouped with a bard playing mana song Serenity 2 just doesnt cut it.

A

ab_fluid

Got 33 reg 49 nurt, no serenity as of yet but i do fine in rvr with MCL, it works fine anddandy as long as u remember to switch pbt off after a fight to regen mana, and put it BACK ON! when u go into battle, will be going for serenity 2 tho jsut so i don't have to fanny about with never regenning unless i got power song/pot or mcl up.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Erekrose
Im going for a 33 spec in regrowth. At level 47 unless your grouped with a bard playing mana song Serenity 2 just doesnt cut it.

Found the same thing, serenity 2 holds mana, but doesnt regen much, if any while pbt is up. Serenity 3 allows pbt up and mana regen, without a menta in rvr mana regen is hard to come by, bard usually playing speed or end for fighters.

O

old.Thanatlos

Sorry but i have to disagree..

I've had no serenity up to like 2 weeks ago and mana was stable with pbt up. No regen whatsoever though. I now have serenity 1 to regen mana during downtime when i actually have pbt up.
There's only a slight increase in mana regen but mana regens anyway.
I use MCL II, Raging Power (emergencies in fights, oom, free from enemies and still loads to fight), Mana potions, Mana crystals.
I do still run out of mana sometimes but it's in the rare occassions where you fight like 8 fgs after one another without any rest.
I would recommend Raging Power for just those fights where you wished you had another bar of power but instead are waiting on MCL timer or potion timer.

Give wardens MoC, WH, MoH and MoB ok!
Every other healing class, shield class has them so GIVE!!

M

mastade

The biggest problem with the wardens pwr, is that after you have been rebuffing resists and haste buff etc. you got like 50% pwr left. What i normally do, is that i cast the grp bub instead of keeping pbt on. When we then start to roam it will take ~2 mins till i get full pwr again, with serenity 2 that is. After that i put on pbt again.

Oh yeh, and what Thana said
Give wardens MoC, WH, MoH and MoB ok!
Every other healing class, shield class has them so GIVE!!

ps. nice spec ;)

A

ab_fluid

no serenity still need more rsp but still no probs without it, jsut TURN PBT OFF! when ur not fighting and regen is fine :)

T

TrufflesUseless

Aug Dex II and Mastery of Parry - if they don't hit you can survive longer for the tanks to get agro off you.

I was going 6 in blunts for detaunt, around 4x regrowth and rest parry with Mastery of Parry II or III IF I respeced to Healing only. The bigest issue is wardens have no Crowd Control or Cure's - so we literally are only that - heal - and with PBT having a range of 1200 you need to continually run around after the tanks if that is to be any benefit (which whilst you are healing is kinda tough).

Still - it is about the only thing a warden is useful for - and being PA'd by stealthers for 50+% of your health in one hit - the higher your parry the longer you will last. I don't say you will survive - but you might last longer.

Best thing for a warden imo is shelved and left for crafting. Does ok PvE - bad RvR - and sorely miss-described in the book ;)

Ohh yeah [edit btw] when you have the RPts look for Mastery of Concentration - 15 seconds 100% uninterupted (read it - cause it isn't as it sounds - you can still get interupted - but only if they person attacking you had 101+% chance of landing a blow).

P

panzer

Thanks for the replies all ;)

The funny thing about respeccing to from 39 blades to 8 blades is i really cant see that much difference in my damage output, im maybe hitting for about 10-15% less and my variance is up a bit, but apart from the lack of styles i dont see that much loss.

But the gain of a 530 heal.. now i like that bit ;)

P

Pempulla

Originally posted by TrufflesUseless

Best thing for a warden imo is shelved and left for crafting. Does ok PvE - bad RvR - and sorely miss-described in the book ;)

This Useless' opinion doesn't seem to care much about the fact that a warden is really considered a must for any planned RvR grp in Hibernia... bad RvR... Bah!

B

belth

If those are like the ones in Alb, you need a full set of the class-specific <Epic Dungeon> armor to use it.

T

Tyka

They are the ones with +3 mana regen, then there is ones with +2 and stuff, wich does not ahve any other requirement. You can also get some tinctures that u can put on your spellcrafted armor, with +2 serenity :)

T

TrufflesUseless

Pempulla - please know your classes.

Warden is bad in RvR - mostly for the fact that people read the book and read that it was (and I quote):

'are formidable fighters with some of the druidic arts.'

Well, having played one all the way to 50 I can but laugh at that. I have 39 in weapons and hit for less then that in one strike on some targets.

Wardens essential in RvR. Fine - know these facts:
- PBT has a range of 1200 - most chasing tanks chase healers/mages outside of the range of PBT.
- Wardens have NO cure spells in their healing lines. If I was going to have known it was a pure support class I would have created something with some form of crowd control/buffs/cures. AoE Disease is the most useful spell in RvR when you add any form of damage on top of the target, and our inability to cure a target just chews power.
- Stealthers can PA me for 55+% of my health in epic armour, and kill be very damned fast. PBT DOES NOT stop PA/BS, but might block 1 in 3 follow on attacks. However, if they BS'd the warden, then the PBT doesn't function anyway ;) so you are all vulnerable whilst they are stunned.
- When a warden is mezzed/stuned PBT does NOT Function.
- Most wardens created the class to fight with secondary heal, so most peoples healing sucks, and they enjoy fighting in PvE at least, and resorting to pure healing all around isn't a pleasing idea.

If you call this useful in RvR - fine - personnally I can read the fault list and the merit list and I can tell you quite happily I would, and will, play another character.

To anyone thinking of starting a warden. Don't. Create a useful character at least.

P

Pempulla

I correct my statement and agree with you partially: some wardens are bad in RvR.

Users who are viewing this thread