Healers and moans to them etc

Z

zapzap

Roo come xp with me i got a warrior that needs xp, my turn to yell gimp heal me u NooB :)

Zapsi

K

Krakatau

Seriously...

Healers not getting group is quite weird..
I can understand if people lvl up a shammy and stay grouped with themselves for "UBER exp"...
But who wants a healer as buffbot (besides me ofc) ??

And back on track again.. What I read so far about this patch can make all you (and me) old seers forget what it was like when you lvl'd up.. the mess/stun and spells are harder to land... So being an active healer/shammy can't be anything worse than a nightmare today I reckon... :(

But as always...It's always the seers fault if somebody dies...
This holds true even if you've just used up all insta heals, and try to heal while mobs hit you and some tanks brag about how much damage they made on the previous mob...

Maybe I'm delirious, but I do have a few seers :m00: :m00:

:sleeping:

Z

Zebolt

Originally posted by zapzap
Just dont make a healer and think you can do it right if :

8) Dont know u way from jordheim to vasudheim
Damn! Failed on that one :p

M

Melachi-

I found lvling up as a healer quite annoying hard tbh, especially at the 30's. However back then when i was 30 in spind, everyone was a berserker and all they wanted was end regen, so they rarely wanted a healer. Wasnt until pbaoe groups started forming that i got to 40

Z

zapzap

Originally posted by Melachi[Mid]
I found lvling up as a healer quite annoying hard tbh, especially at the 30's. However back then when i was 30 in spind, everyone was a berserker and all they wanted was end regen, so they rarely wanted a healer. Wasnt until pbaoe groups started forming that i got to 40

End was a dream when i lvled healer was all CC for tehwin.

Zapsi

O

Ottar

> But as always...It's always the seers fault if somebody dies...

Well, thats one way to put it. But lets see, what is it that healers are supposed to do in RvR: CC, CM, healing. All things in-combat and time-critical. Also, being primary CC and healer, they are by far the highest priority enemy target, so they get interrupted and killed 1st thing in a fight. Mezzing, healing and staying alive at the same time takes a very good player and a good group as well as just blind luck with noob enemies. All that doesnt happen very often.

Not being very good at playing healer and not having good group, a typical midgard healer will 4 times out of 5 fail to get off a single mez or heal, with possible exception of instahealing himself, having several enemy tanks hacking on him.

Having only lvl 21 healer myself, I can only imagine how hard their job really is. But playing with healers, you are much better off -not- expecting anything from them. Never ever wait with IP in hope you maybe get healed. Never yell for CM, that is the last thing healers actually do even if they are still alive at the time. Never ask or wait for rez unless there is someone already sitting on yer corpse regenning mana or already casting rez on you - releasing and porting/running back will save you alot of time on the long run.

What is the use of them if they aint healing and cant cc? They provide 3 resist buffs, baseline buffs if bots are ooc and ca 1500 hp worth of priority target in chain armor for the enemy to kill, during which time you may well be able to kill off enemy support.

Ottar

P

parisienscot

End was a dream when i lvled healer was all CC for tehwin.

Zapsi

Heh me too, by the time shammies got end I was 40 and pbaoe groups started up in Malmo, was very lucky ;)

O

old.Spug

Truth be told, If I'd been kicked/left several groups, then I'd start to think maybe something was wrong...

Healers can be one of the most frantic char's to play, catching incoming mobs with CC, healing when the SB in the group feels the need to out aggro the main tank, saving the caster who nuked too much... its a tough job.

lets face it, healers ARE needed, its just you need to prove you know what you're doing or people wont want you.

O

Ottar

> healers ARE needed

What is needed is what they can do, healing, mezing, etc. To get any of that done you need about 3 seers per group these days. Less than that and only advantage a healer gives your group over say throwing spec warrior is baseline buffs. In RvR that is, in PvE healers perform splendidly.

Think today was 2nd time playing Skren I actually asked for rez. Cerbie was in Bledmeer, 1fg hibs attacking it, asked me for help. So I went there. Cant get in through 1fg hibs so I figured I suicide in a spot under cover from tower archers and away from the doors, so he can get me inside with rez. Told him where I was and waited.. Then waited some more. Then asked him if he was coming. Nope, too busy.

Ottar

O

old.Tbird

Originally posted by werewolf
me and a guildie have tryed hard to lvl our healers....
And there is your answer in front of your eyes, stick together, 1 mend/aug 1 pac/mend. My last toon before cancelling was a full (50) Pac healer, teamed with my gank groups Mend/Aug we only had PVE deaths when we were being completely stupid about pulling. In RvR you complement each other perfectly, but you need to know more or less what the other will do in a given situation.

F

Freia

Just dont make a healer and think you can do it right if :

1) use irc to much
2) spend more time reading BW then playing.
3) Have a PC so slow u get 3 sec delay every time u fight
4) Your mom or dad yells at u all day
5) Need to go afk every 20 min for 5 min
6) Cant lead a group and think /stick is cool
7) Have so many friends u have to answer ingame and have to rez anybody that PMs for it.
8) Dont know u way from jordheim to vasudheim
9) Can be assed to buff up right
10) Havnt read this http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=49187559&replies=149

1 - True
2 - True
3 - True
4 - True
5 - True
6 - I thought this was the reasons you respecced away your pacification.
7 - Bullshit, if you can help then help!
8 - Errr, ok!
9 - True
10 - Yeah, we need more soloing healers please :rolleyes: (That text has very high entertainment value but that is also its only value)

Z

zapzap

Originally posted by Freia
1 - True
2 - True
3 - True
4 - True
5 - True
6 - I thought this was the reasons you respecced away your pacification.
7 - Bullshit, if you can help then help!
8 - Errr, ok!
9 - True
10 - Yeah, we need more soloing healers please :rolleyes: (That text has very high entertainment value but that is also its only value)

Speced away from PAC coz we had laga and 0 with resist or high mending.
Yes answer every PM u got in the midle of a fight coz u have to help and leave u group with 0 power coz u have to rez 1. then how will u help u group ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom