Healers AM/Shammy vs. RP/Zealot

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone insists that the RP/Zealot is the main healer of the game, and that the AM/Shammy is the hybrid; but if that is that case then I dont realy get the mastery trees. RP/Zealots mostly gets offensive abilities in all 3 of their talent trees. And they have no chance of maxing all of their healing spells with mastery points. While the AM/Shammy gets all of their healing improved with just 1 mastery tree, and they accualy get new healing spells and good healing tacs in that tree.

Then you might argue, that the AM/Shammy gets the ying yang feature, and that this is supposed to encurage them to dps while healing and vice versa. However their healing spells are just as strong as the "main healer" pairs without using any of the ying yang, the yy is mostly just used for gravy to boost their spells beond what a RP/Zealot can do.

Like I said,
I dont get it,
are these classes labeled wrong by the comunity?

Discuss.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well for me personally there isnt any "main healer" as all 4 classes does a great job at it in some situations and sucks in others.

but if i were to label a main healer based on mastery trees it would probably be the shaman/Archmage, and have the other 2 be the assist healers.

also, as far as i know, both shamans and archmages gets heals that can heal for a fairly big ammount aswell, while DOK/RP's only have heal over time spells, or rather crappy "direct" heal spells.

/edit: not including the morale heals here.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I've not played the Sham much but from what I understand they need to DPS to be a competant healer. They also need to spec the healing tree.

The RP/Zealot will be a competant healer whatever spec he decides, just different types. RP/Zealot has a few more types of heal also (Leaping alteration, flash of chaos and dust of pandemonium on zealot, prob similar spells on RP)

Some shammys are capable of getting very good healing scores, but some are pretty bad...guess it depends how you balance the damage and healing. don't usually see AMs top of healing chart.

Personally I find as a Zealot I have far more survivability than Shammy.

In a nutshell they are all great healing classes that suit different playstyles.

Lang

Fledgling Freddie
I've not played the Sham much but from what I understand they need to DPS to be a competant healer

You never have to throw offensive spells, and theres no negative effect of not doing so. Casttime/value on our heal spells are exactly the same as runepriest/zealots, but we can choose to throw offensive spells to make them even faster, but the use for it is kinda limited since its better to just heal when people take dmg.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Plus with the AM/Shammy as hinted at already is all the healing spells become more powerful whilst speccing in the healing line where as the RP/Zealot will have to spread points out more or just have spells that have base values.

AM doesn't need to do any damage to heal as fast as the RP but if theres a few seconds where no healing is needed they can make their next heal more powerful/faster. In my book AM has always been the better healer, although the RP is better at flash healing with the instas.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
made a post in our guild forums comparing Shaman and Zealot. (supports wardb links)

*= affected by willpower so increase quite a bit.
Healing power instant, (without the shield)
Zealot: 202*
Shaman: 0

Healing power in 2 seconds time. (without the shield)
*= affected by willpower so increase quite a bit.
Zealot:
Spec 1: 202* + 160(3min timer) = 362 : (Timer down: 219*)
Spec 2: 180* + 140(3min timer) = 320 : (Timer down: 247*)
Shaman:
247*

Healing power in 4 seconds time.
Zealot:
Spec 1: 659 +202* + 160(3min timer) = 1021 : (Timer down: 659 + 219* = 878)
Spec 2: 742 +180* + 140(3min timer) = 1062 : (Timer down: 742 + 247* = 989)
Shield, Insta heal, +wounds and heal.
Shaman:
937 + 247* = 1184
shield + casted heal.

Healing power over ~15 sec.
Zealot:
Spec 1: 1500*+ 264* + 1095* = 2859
Spec 2: 1500*+ 264*+ 1235* = 2999
Shaman:
1500*+ 630*+ 663*+988* = 3781

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Shaman's used to have a healing spell that you could put on a target for 9 sec's then everytime that target would take damage a certain amount of HP got added to a "pool" (around 250-300) then after those 9 secs the pool would be used as a spreadheal on your group, no idea why they removed that spell from the Shaman healing mastery tree.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I don't see my Runepriest as a healer only, he's got a huge amount of utility but can be any groups base healer regardless of the circumstances. At the moment I'm rarely beaten in scenarios by anyone other than a fellow RP on Order side, although obviously grouping and luck have a lot to do with this.

I'd see the RP as the best support class on Order but not necessarily the best at healing, we simply have more ways of doing it and far more utility built into our heals and effects we get later on. Damage abs and mitigation is something that people seem to be overlooking too. It's not simply down to healing hps.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
i was going to make a post about this actually.

I cant see a single tactic or ability (maybe apart from the stun but its high in probably my third choice tree), in the zealot masteries that is actually worth taking. the rank 4 morales are nice, but really when will they be used? the spells all seem more damage orientated as with the tactics. i dont think theres any spell thats really worth taking and the mastery levels only seem good for the passive increase to healing spells.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
I'm getting sick of the Shaman HoT's.

You see a player taking alot of damage and we get a puny 2sec cast heal with a lingering hot after it. And 2 other insta hots.

I think i shouldve rolled a zealot for the BANG healing rather than spreading hots everywhere that are outdamaged.

The heals in this game just seem low to me.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
The heals might seem low due to int and willpower not affecting HoT's and DoT's the way they suppose to do, tests show they only recieve <25% of the willpower instead of the full 100%.
Bit scary though thinking about BW DoT's when they fix this bug.. ;d

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I'm getting sick of the Shaman HoT's.

You see a player taking alot of damage and we get a puny 2sec cast heal with a lingering hot after it. And 2 other insta hots.

I think i shouldve rolled a zealot for the BANG healing rather than spreading hots everywhere that are outdamaged.

The heals in this game just seem low to me.

What is wrong with the 3 sec heal? If you DPSed a bit before, it will cast even faster and if you put a bubble on the guy you ll buy yourself some time to finish the big one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom