Healer help

M

Melikor

My healer's 46 now, final spec 38p 35m 15a, and I'm starting to worry about what I'm gonna do with all those funky spells in rvr. I'm looking for general info on what would be the priorities in a tank group for a main healer, main ccer, and (eek) the only healer in a grp..

Some q's I have:

- Insta mezzes have pitiful durations, are these worth using to open a fight with?
- If I open up with insta ae stun like I've read, then follow thru with casted ae mez, isn't this a bad thing to do given the stun immunity it confers?
- Does grp purge clear immunity timers on all cc, so u can re-mez?
- Do amnesia and asd break mez and root?
- After a fight starts and the initial cc/cure cc is over with, what role does a pac healer fall into, hiding behind a tree and healing, or using asd and amnesia to interrupt all the time?
- In a multi healer grp, should it be the only priority for the mend healer to get behind a tree and spam heals/rez?
- On the dual spec healer, what's the best way to setup hotbars? Like 1 healing, 1 cc, 1 general qbar and switch between?
- Is there any benefit to +aug, +pac, +mend on sc template?

TIA

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
- Insta mezzes have pitiful durations, are these worth using to open a fight with?

Depends. If you're facing a caster group, it probably doesn't matter nearly as much if you insta instead, whereas versus tank groups, it's alot more important it's castable.

- If I open up with insta ae stun like I've read, then follow thru with casted ae mez, isn't this a bad thing to do given the stun immunity it confers?

Indeed... Just single stun the leader/CC'er of the opposing group instead.

- Does grp purge clear immunity timers on all cc, so u can re-mez?

Can't answer you that one with 100% certainty atm, I'm afraid.

- Do amnesia and asd break mez and root?

Amnesia breaks mezz (but not root), asd doesn't break anything (nor does any of the other insta debuffs).

- After a fight starts and the initial cc/cure cc is over with, what role does a pac healer fall into, hiding behind a tree and healing, or using asd and amnesia to interrupt all the time?

Asd doesn't interrupt anylonger, however to answer your question: It's circumstantional - altho healing would probably take precedense, unless you know that the other healer(s) in the group will handle it, in which case you're free to amnesia instead. There's usually always someone asking to be interrupted, when you ain't busy healing.

- In a multi healer grp, should it be the only priority for the mend healer to get behind a tree and spam heals/rez?

Read above.

- On the dual spec healer, what's the best way to setup hotbars? Like 1 healing, 1 cc, 1 general qbar and switch between?

-

- Is there any benefit to +aug, +pac, +mend on sc template?

There is, if you got less than 50 modified aug (affects your buffs), no effect from +pac and you'd probably want to cap +mend as well, since you don't got that high a raw spec, to reduce healing variance.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Melikor said:
I won't say that I'm a good healer or anything like that, just so you know.. Neither am I saying that my setup is the best, but I like it...
But I have 4 qbs, 1 for healing type (including purge and MCL), 1 for cc, 1 for buffs and 1 for rezz, disease heal, poison heal, weapon choice and power potions...
I've moved stick and face to easy reached keys and use /face whenever I'm targetting before I cast a spell (also goes for healing) and I have sprint located to the right of 0 (on my keyboard it's +). By relocating those functions I'm saving qb space for spells...
Some may say it's h*ll using 4 qbs like I do, but I'm quite comfortable with my setup and know where all is.

Denisée

Fledgling Freddie
Melikor said:
- No, learn to mez without any ae instas.
- Yes
- No
- Amn break mez, asd does not.
- If the fight last long enough, remez. Else heal, interupt and root eventually pets/people on other support. (NB! Theur pets are immune to CC)
- If you are standing behind a tree you can not help other support that are in trouble, and you can not interupt the enemies support. Beside what if there are no trees ?
- That is totaly up to you, but I use 1 for opening, 1 for midfight, 1 for buffs, one for cures, rez and RAs, and one for pots and sprint macro (mids never get the idea of perma sprint).
- Plus Mend only give you less variation in your baseline heals, your spec heals are not effected by this. Plus pac gives notthing at all. Plus aug gives you higher value on your buffs. (Note, that this only have to be in the time when you buff. So you can technicly make some item with plus 8 aug (35sc points so you'll need one mp item) and use it while you are buffing and switch to another when you are done buffing.)
:fluffle:

M

Melikor

That's some great advice. I think I'll make the 3-4 hotbar setup and get accustomed to it while I pve up the last few levels. Might leave 1-2 spaces on each one for when I get some active ra's.

For the opening cc option I'm gonna try using insta single target stun or mez to take the sorc out of action, then try casted ae on him as hes stationary with his grp stuck to him. I'm otherwise at a disadvantage just using casted cc head to head against an 1850 range sorc with qc. Also nicer to cast on a stunned/stationary target as they can't run out of range.

Yeah, if there aint any trees, my plan is to run in circles screaming like a sissy. If I make the enemy laugh uncontrollably, this may be an alternative unpurgable form of cc.

Iduna

Fledgling Freddie
I tried to go for just one toolbar when rvr - but found it was almost impossible to get all the spells etc I wanted on one bar !

So I now use 4 - heal, cc, buffs, and then the last one for rezzes, RA skills and power pots

It works well becuase I know where they all are !

As for what role you take in rvr - well it mostly depends on what you feel comfortable with. I have just respecced to 40 mend and 35 pac from 44 pac and 30 mend - because I felt the aoe mezz at low rr level werent effective - they never seemed to last for long or have an effect in some instances. Think I will probabaly go back to pac spec when i am RR5 or so.

Most of all have fun - healers can be really hard to play and take lots of concentration ! But when you have a great run and no one dies (!!) its great !

The only other tip I will give you - is get maps ! As a pac healer you will be usually expected to lead your group - so maps of all the frontiers help alot !

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
I only have 1 bar for RvR. :D
Got the AoE insta mezz/stun, heal, instagrpheal, AoE mezz, demezz, purge, mcl. no room for rezz tho, but it's just on the next q-bar. It works mighty fine for me! :D
But then sumone will prolly come call me a noob anyways! :D

Exioce

Part of the furniture
You can squeeze just about everything you need for the average rvr encounter onto 3 Qbars

M

Melikor

I been in RvR for a week or so now with Illusio, got about 80 odd k rps, in mostly random groups. 38p works very well as main pac for a group, and seems to have no real disadvantages besides increased resist rates on mainly yellow con spells, and a slightly lower duration on the yellow ae mez.

3(4) hotbar setup works fine. Main hotbar for cc, one to the left of it for potions and ra's. One to the right for healing, and the 2nd to the right for buffing.

I find that insta ae stun is a marvellous opener, and tees up their grp leader nicely for an ae mez. This hasn't really caused any problems, and having a lower (150) radius than the full pac version means it generally doesn't hit the full enemy grp, only the lead ccer and those close.

I find that casting the opening cc on the enemy grp generally means I've got pets all over me that resisted the mez and stuff. Generally I'm down to using insta heals unless I get them rooted off.

I haven't played main mend in a grp so much as pac, but what I find is that while the 30 spread is nice, I'd definitely rather go for the 39 version, even with increased power usage. Heals for about 480 iirc in a fg, on a single target.

And sprinting on 15aug healerspeed isn't that bad in an emergency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom