Headset problems and vista optimisation?

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
I bought a new pc with a
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3 iP35 Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard and a
Antec P182 Gunmetal Grey Super Mid Tower Case - No PSU case.

I got a large gaming headset made by plantronics for about £40. When I plug them into the front audio connectors I 'hear' my pc. When the pc is under strain I hear things through the headset much more. Its not massively loud, it doesn't stop me from hearing people perfectly well, but it is annoying having it instead of silence when nobody is speaking.

My pc is nowhere near this loud when I take the headphones off, and yet the headphones are supposed to block external noise somewhat!

It works perfectly if I plug them into the back, but I only have one audio out thing there, and I like to keep my main speakers plugged in.

In terms of vista, I have a
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Socket 775 (3.0GHz) 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache
Zotac 8800GT 512MB DDR3 Dual DVI HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card
OCZ 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 Reaper Memory HPC Edition Dual Channel

When running Warhammer, especially in rvr I get lag. Perhaps this is just because my graphics card isn't all that good? I don't know. I'm running at 1280x1024 on high settings. Hoping to buy a new bigger monitor which won't help matters. Is there any way to optimise? My pc can't be that bad. :D

Thanks

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Check to see if mic boost is on, if it is turn it off - that can cause/fix the problem.

Everyone is lagging in warhammer atm, wait a few weeks :p

Kryten

Old Cow.
If not, it's merely a case of internal signal interference, and there's very little you can do about that. Best way IMO is a cable extension from the back of the PC, or even a doubler. My headphones fit into my speakers directly for instance.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
If not, it's merely a case of internal signal interference, and there's very little you can do about that. Best way IMO is a cable extension from the back of the PC, or even a doubler. My headphones fit into my speakers directly for instance.

Exactly what I was going to say.

My headphones are a total wanker when I have wireless enabled on the router. Do you have a wireless router? If so try them with the wireless option turned off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom