Advice Headphones

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
So im looking to get some headphones to plug into my amp so i can listen to vinyl without the rest of the family moaning about 'that hippy 70s rubbish' im listening to.....

I like the idea of wireless ones tbh so i can wander about downstairs doing stuff while still listening but dont want more clutter (receivers or whatever) or for it to have much impact on sound quality.

Any ideas or am i just better gettting a decent wired set?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
From what i understand wireless you are apways compromising on the sound. A good pairof wired headphones will always beat a wireless set

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Wireless and wandering is rather dodgy. There can be places where reception is awesome, and there can be places where it is not. As to wandering and doing things, that depends how active you want to be given the general size of decent headphones, and the fact that if wireless, they will contain some kind of battery.

This brings me to battery life. Look in to that too. It's not quite the same as HiFi, but using my Steelseries wireless headset for gaming the endurance is much less than the paper number. Still a good couple of hours, but less all the same. Luckily, mine came with an extra battery that recharges in the base station while I use the other for listening.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
A lot of wireless cans will come with a 3.5mm jack as well, so you can alternate depending on portability/quality. Still won't compare to a decent pair of wired cans, especially if used in conjunction with a proper Hi Fi, but may be an idea?

From what I can gether, unless you spend £300+, the wireless ones are find with the garbage output that comes out of an iPhone/iPod etc, not so great with Hi Fi however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom