Headphones

T

throdgrain

I want to buy some new headphones, the ones Ive got are from Game shop for 15 quid, and to be honest i wonder if i cant do better than that :) Also they seem louder in one side than the other, and make me ears ring sometimes.
They've got to have a mic and I don't use them for listening to music, just playing games. Maybe £35-£50's worth ? Any ideas anyone ?
Cheers :)

S

Scooba Da Bass

In that price range the Seinheiser HD200s are about the best you can pick up.

Edit; didn't see the bit about a mic, just get desk one,the headphones will sound that much better and you can use them for other things without looking like a fool.

W

Wilier

These are supposed to be excellent, although I havnt looked for a UK distributer. :(

T

TedTheDog

Got one of those, very nice. Got it from erm....<dont roast me>PC World</dont roast me>.
In fact, its the second 1 i've bought, after a tragic wheeling-chair-over-headphones incident (i'nm good with technology).

L

leggy

Originally posted by Wilier
These are supposed to be excellent, although I havnt looked for a UK distributer. :(

problem, I hear, with those is that you don't get the benefit of EAX 1/2/3 (if that's what you so desire)

Y

Yaka

yer could always use the Ps2 socom headset, logitech sell it sepratyl i think thou you only get one ear phone with it

T

throdgrain

One earphone :confused:

May get one of them plantronics things, there's a PC world about half a mile from me (omg)

The thing with them Game ones (they're the second set Ive had btw) the left side always sounded louder than the right, kinda peircing tbh, and now funnily enough I have a ringing in me bloody ear, so its worth I think trying something a bit better.
Thanks for the posts , if anyone has any other suggestions keep em coming :)

S

Son of Ralph

Thems the ones u want.

As a happy owner of a pair myself i can definately recomend them (yes, from PC world - u know the branch).

Can get a bit hot in the summer, but if your tone deaf like me the quality of sound is plenty good enough.

oh, and make sure you dont pick up the USB ones as they only run in software mode.

T

throdgrain

Yep I bought those exact ones on the way home last night Ralph, and funnily enough from the exact same shop as you by the sounds of it :)
Teh Interweb, bringing communication to people from around the globe !
(Oh , and people who live in Crawley )

L

leggy

I kept telling everyone about those. They are decent enough.

Mine only lasted 6 months though before they broke.

I use the socom headset (for the mic) now.

T

throdgrain

Thats ok mate, in six months I'll be bored of em and want something else anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom