Heading back to DaoC

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi every1.

Me and some other mates are maybe heading in the direction of starting to play DaoC again, and i want to know something :).

What has changed, is there any special "big" changes other than housing?

And if any1 have some information on how scouts are to play these days, that would also be of help, and maybe tip my mind more in the direction of picking up DaoC again :clap:

If we start we are going to plat Alb/Prydwen.

Ciclya

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on when you stopped playing.
Housing didn't add alot actualy.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Don't go Alb fgs. They outnumber Mid more than ever now :(

Main changes to the game are that casters had a big nerf, infils get better and better, savages are the best tanks for rvr still, mincers continue to get wub and chanters will always 0wn.

That probably didn't help :)

(btw - welcome back :))

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah come play in mid...I've moved over to the dark side, along with a few other ex-albs. ;) Just to even the realm numbers ofc

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Need more mids!
I was going to say Hibs but there's no point they're a lost cause, ugly terrain and half finished models (Firbolg anyone?).

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
From what i have heard the mids outenumber albs in RvR on prydwen these days, and that comes from my friends that is stil playing :)

And i cant go mid, as 2 of my friends stil play on pryd/alb, and i want to play with them, and its not lightly that they are going to delete theyr lvl 50s and move to mid :)

Anyways, i quit playing 1 month before housing gor oute, or something like that.

To bad with that caster nerf, they realy needed the oposite when it comes to RvR :) the albion casters anyways, duknow aboute the mid and him ones.

And btw, what does a scout Auto train? :) (cant remeber much exept necro stuff)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Amuse said:
From what i have heard the mids outenumber albs in RvR on prydwen these days, and that comes from my friends that is stil playing :)

And btw, what does a scout Auto train? :) (cant remeber much exept necro stuff)

Nothing iirc.

Albs has plenty in RvR to make 3fg Stealthers :p

:)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Actually I may be wrong. Somebody said they train bow. That would be a nightmare though :)

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Need more mids!
I was going to say Hibs but there's no point they're a lost cause, ugly terrain and half finished models (Firbolg anyone?).

Hibs on exa are doing good fyi. And hib may have been made in a rush, but DON'T mess with firbies! They are sexeh! Almost as sexeh as my luri! Apart from that Hibernia has the nicest color, best terrain and landscape. Midgard is gray and boring compared to it.

Alliandre

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
Hibs on exa are doing good fyi. And hib may have been made in a rush, but DON'T mess with firbies! They are sexeh! Almost as sexeh as my luri! Apart from that Hibernia has the nicest color, best terrain and landscape. Midgard is gray and boring compared to it.

So true. I can't play on Mid for to long periods. It's so depressing :p

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Brrrrr the ignorance of sum ppl what do u expect a archer to auto train!!! oc its bow!!! and on a second note dont play a stealther unless u want to fork out money for a bb... and even then play a infil scouts rnt worth the time of day :x

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Conchabar said:
Brrrrr the ignorance of sum ppl what do u expect a archer to auto train!!! oc its bow!!! and on a second note dont play a stealther unless u want to fork out money for a bb... and even then play a infil scouts rnt worth the time of day :x
wish hunters autotrained some, but then again mid got less classes with autotrain.

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Conchabar said:

Dont tell me what i should play or not, when i already decided on Scout. i aint a FOTM player, i dont just go for the uber classes, i play what can be funm and what i want to play. As for the BB part, WHY, WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY is it so importaint to own a BB??? for gods sake, its posible to have FUN (importaint word there!) withoute a DB and crushing everything u come across. :touch: im not planing to solo all the time u know.

Bym

One of Freddy's beloved
Amuse said:
for gods sake, its posible to have FUN

Every time I try to go back to DAoC, tis no fun any more :( Everyone has their little 'leet' groups/classes/items/guilds/jargon and its quite sad tbh. Not saying it's all like that, but the fun of DAoC for me was playing from scratch in well mixed groups (and you could always get one), getting annihilated in Nisse's lair (when the tomtes didn't look like dwarves), and wiped out in Vendos. Ah, those were the days. Used to play in the 'Brotherhood of Barrysworld', and it was great fun.

You enjoy your class and don't let anyone else spoil your fun :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I must admit I rarely have fun playing DAoC anymore, and because of that I play a lot less than I used to. I think it's because I play such a difficult class. Honestly, I yearn for a Savage and just relax doing nothing.

Although at some point during the past two years I became biologically attached to these forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom