[QUESTION] Head start on Sunday CE Monday SE

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
I'm very dissapointed not being able to get into the open beta so far. I've got the week off, and despite having a fair amount of rl stuff to do I figured on having a decent amount of time in game and being able to get a feel for it and try several classes prior to Sundays head start. Even if I was magically able to get into it now I'd only have about half the time I originally planned to get.

Having said that I'd happily give up the remainder of this week for a smooth head start. I really hope GOA have taken on board lessons learnt from the last few days, and we will all be able to have a release something like as smooth as what almost seems guaranteed for the NA player base.

Considering 10,000 players have been unable to validate keys so far for OB, not to mention the players who cannot even set up accounts yet I'd say GOA have their work cut out. What I'd like to see, optomistic as it may be is something like this.

CE players able to validate keys from Thursday or Friday, SE players one day later..

Some meaningful work carried out on the account system so we dont suffer a repeat of the OB debacle.

Regualr updates at 3 hourly intervals minimum if there are issues when the game goes live.

Some form of meaningful compensation for CE and SE players. Dress it up how you like we paid for this open beta. I read somewhere that technically if you got 1 hours open beta GOA would have technically kept its promise for open beta access. Technically that would be correct. But I think alot of work needs to be done to repair player relations and some form of compensation would be (a) resonable admission of failure to provide a service, and (b) would go some way to placate an angry player base. :twak:

A considerable number of players have already taken their custom to mythic. Im sure many more will follow if the launch proper fails to go smoothly. :m00:

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
if they dont have a proper working key authentication server and a better way of doing it without the stupid email thing by saturday then i think i will cancel my ce as will most other people i would imagine.

i dont want to be trying to do me CE headstart key any later than thursday either, if they leave it until any later its probably going to end up beeing another epic fail.

advocacy

Fledgling Freddie
if they dont have a proper working key authentication server and a better way of doing it without the stupid email thing by saturday then i think i will cancel my ce as will most other people i would imagine.

i dont want to be trying to do me CE headstart key any later than thursday either, if they leave it until any later its probably going to end up beeing another epic fail.
as long as its not done on the day again and we get to input ahead of SE orders it should be ok. one of the major problems they seem to be suffering atm (wether they admit it or not) is the sheer flood of people trying to hit thier website. the more people they process the better there servers handle what is left.

Cordain

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest even with working keys GOA has already done a sub-par job when compared to US side. Just check their Herald for example. Working site with working information. Regular updates on whats going on and followups on them. Heck even the possibility for RSS feeds, and thats not even counting the fact that everything seems to work there.

EU site is down and dark. Updates posted on 3rd party site with little info about whats going on. Like now, the last update on forums states nothing about the missing emails and last update on the actual site stated that everything was working great with just few people left out.

They might get the servers going and they might be able to keep them up.
I seriously doubt they will do anything to improve their customer relations and support. Then again why should they? Just apologize if something goes wrong and you get a kiss and a hug from Mythic to make it all go away..

Taleth

Fledgling Freddie
I ordered CE back in April. I'm with Arknor. Sunday is the last chance hotel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom