He-Man

T

Tom

Along with your marble-washed jeans and yellow Pringle top?

W

Wij

He-man was fucking terrible.

thundercats4tehwin !!!

E

Embattle

Nope, however I'm sure you'll find some else who did Tom :p

T

Trem

Originally posted by Wij
He-man was fucking terrible.

thundercats4tehwin !!!

AGREED!!

(apart from the thundercats bit)

T

Tom

lol I was watching Bagpuss, He man etc is for noobs

E

Embattle

You're quite right, although I saw bagpuss a few times it was slightly old...whereas you saw it in its prime :p

O

old.ignus

No gummy bears!!! I remember them, *gummy bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere*

He-man was the daddy until they made that gay space version that was more like the gay film, but I was watching sky yesterday and they've remade he-man but just like the old version, with orkal and battleram and man at arms. (these names maybe wrong due to age)

My personal fav was Jayce and the wheel warriors.

M

madmurdoch

I always thought the man-at-arms/orco trite moral tale at the end was always quite amusing.

Am I correct in thinking that in Germany/Sweden (?) these action figure cartoons were effectively banned. I think they were told they could pay advertising rates for the whole of the show as it was just a showcase for their plastic figures.

O

old.ignus

They didn't do the moral of the story thing any more.

He-man was Conan, when Conan the Barbarian came out they were going to make some action figures based on him but when the toy makers saw the film they thought it would be unsuitable for kids, so they gave him blond hair and changed his name and He-man was born.

C

Ch3tan

The new He-Man on cartoon network rocks. Just like the old days :)

P

Pakman

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors is far superior viewing.

O

old.tRoG

They had a he-man weekend on cnx...

And I watched it! I watched it all! *sobs*

M

Meatballs

Gummy Bears and Thundercats and He-man and Transformers and that weird space highschool cartoon with their weird rich guy who had a wheel instead of legs and fancied one of the main girls from it. hmmmmmmmm........

I'm sure theres more, but cant think right now.

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by Meatballs
and that weird space highschool cartoon with their weird rich guy who had a wheel instead of legs and fancied one of the main girls from it. hmmmmmmmm........

Galaxy high?

I

~INCOGNITO~

Shera or however it was spelt. HeMan for the girlies.

M

~Mobius~

Bucky O'hare and Toxic Crusaders was better!

P

[PS]Mung

In this months Empire (or maybe Total Film) theres speculation the (s)He-Man may be coming back as a movie!

Hope it's better than that really shit one done in the ninties.

T

The Kingpin

What was that cartoon with the clay people..

Something about a basement..

Y

Yaka

heh he man was ok, bagpuss and trapdoor rawked as did thunder cats.

but prolly the pick of the crop from the 80s are:-

Lost Citys of Gold
Ulysess
Jase and the wheeled warriors
Transformers
Battle of the planets

non toon family series must be
Robin of Sherwood

im sure i missed some out, memory aint so good these days :)

S

silverthorn

The new He-Man on CNX is wrong, all wrong I tell you!!! It's tampered with my youth, I feel violated... it's not on I tell you, its not...

...was always more of a Ulysses and Dungeons & Dragons fan personally. Oh, and of course Transformers - man, don't even get me started on how they've b@stardised that now. It just saddens me :(

T

Testin da Cable

a long long time ago when I was about 7 I had a american neighbor kid who was a huge, and I mean HUGE he-man fan. He was forever lugging the action figures about etc. One day I decided to be extra nasty and told him that I _knew_ Skeletor could beat the crap out of Flea-man in a fair fight. He totally freaked out, started crying and attacked me with a stick. ahem :)

P

plightstar

I always liked Sam & Max freelance police always used to watch it as a kid.

*Ulysess
*Jase and the wheeled warriors

haven't heard those titles in a long time I used to watch them while eating my breakfast just before Big Breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom