Advice HDD Error scanning?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
So I've got a mates HDD here, windows setup says it's about to fail so I've bought it home to see if it can be saved. I've downloaded SeaTools but I'm also asking you guys what programs you would recommend for scanning the drive to see what's wrong.

Cheers muchly!

Kryten

Old Cow.
I'd ignore anything other than the manufacturers diagnostic tools. I do often use HDSentinel though to do a quick initial check (and usually to find the make of the drive if its in a PC and im being lazy)
Use Hirens boot CD for all the tools in one place.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
HDTune, but anything that can read SMART data. Even linux will do.

Access Denied

What a joke, SeaTools wouldn't even detect the drive was there. HD Sentinel does but I'd say the drive is completely fucked since it now won't do anything because of an I/O device Error. Oh, well, she'll just have to buy a new HDD won't she.

Kryten

Old Cow.
What a joke, SeaTools wouldn't even detect the drive was there. HD Sentinel does but I'd say the drive is completely fucked since it now won't do anything because of an I/O device Error. Oh, well, she'll just have to buy a new HDD won't she.

Probably a bit obvious but have you tried a different sata cable/port ?

Access Denied

Yep, different cable and 2 other ports. Computer won't see it at all now, not in My Computer, Device Manager, Disk management or HD Sentinel. Tbh that was about as much as I was prepared to do, not my drive, not the best of mates with this bird so fuck it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom