Hc Mythic!!

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
(ripped from www.prydwen.net)

Requiel say's:

Hmm well 'the peeps to do this' would be me and the other members of he English, French, German and Spanish GM teams. Already we are working 13 hour days to get it done. I doubt we'd be allowed to work longer if we wanted to. My boss can't do my job so there's not a lot he can do to help other than make sure I'm working and that I have all the things I need to work with. Thanks to him, we talked Mythic out of a complete database wipe (all character data on Prydwen) and I got to deputise members of other teams to help. I'm not going to blame my boss for what happened or the fact it's taking a long time to clear up and neither should you.

-----
man if that would've hapend, i wonder what they would've done then.
and how were they able to fix it then (i mean XML was allraedy not working ><)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Haha, fuck.

If all my chars would have been wiped I would have quit DAoC. :)

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
complete database wipe? wow that would be the end of prydwen right there , rightnow bandwidth would crumble under complaints and chaos would brew online , good that it never happened.

how would they reimburse such a wipe? put up merchants and hand out 1 mithril to all and say buy what you had ? inc artis and all

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Cathos said:
complete database wipe? wow that would be the end of prydwen right there , rightnow bandwidth would crumble under complaints and chaos would brew online , good that it never happened.

how would they reimburse such a wipe? put up merchants and hand out 1 mithril to all and say buy what you had ? inc artis and all

1 mithril ?

lol

and they would be like pricing 1 arti: 500p
and crafting skills u gotte do all over

Bluevixen

Fledgling Freddie
I think everyone would be happier with some sort of update about when the servers are coming back up

FAM87

Loyal Freddie
Well i guess this could mean the servers wont come up now in the closest future? :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I doubt very much that Mythic would have been so dumb to even get a complete database wipe in consideration.
But, if that's true, i'm really concerned tbh.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Gahn said:
I doubt very much that Mythic would have been so dumb to even get a complete database wipe in consideration.
But, if that's true, i'm really concerned tbh.

He really posted it on prydwen.net
and I doubt he would lie.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Wonder how many people who quit more than anything, sorry - but if I had a RR10+ I'd leave without even thinking about it.

adorf

Fledgling Freddie
aye overdriven, agreeded goa screwed up. surely they could put it back to befor when it happend?:twak:

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I'd get t-shirts printed.

"I played DAoC for four years and all i got was this lousy T-Shirt"

and post a box full to goa hq to distribute to prydwen players

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
On the other side, some Wizards with +10 quickness or +15 strength at creation would have a rehabilitation.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Wonder how many people who quit more than anything, sorry - but if I had a RR10+ I'd leave without even thinking about it.

I think you'd find a lot of players would just start again, but probably on the US servers. Addiction is a terrible thing :)

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Naffets said:

Haha :p

Brite

Banned
i would of quit, simple as

i need an excuse to quit now and that would have been it

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Tallen said:
I think you'd find a lot of players would just start again, but probably on the US servers. Addiction is a terrible thing :)

so for mythic that was the best suggestion, no? :p

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Naffets said:

I'd just distribute them to net-cafes around Europe to sell for 19.99 euros a piece ;) Even set up a site to accept orders :p

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
if any of my chars have been whiped ill def quit.

cba to remake my chars once every 2 weeks .. -.-

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
how bad have they fucked up if they wanned to clear _ALL_ characters? qq irl

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
MaditioN said:
how bad have they fucked up if they wanned to clear _ALL_ characters? qq irl

hacker attack on server was my first thought :(

could explain the low level of information on what exactly went wrong

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Get pissed and bin it like wot I do. PHeeeenix. Rise from the ashes. Nothing better than scrapping everything - yeah. Youse lot is lucky I ain't working on this bloody game. You wouldn't be so cocky then for sure.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:

well if my chars got wiped ( altho not even considered high RR ) i wuld reformate my pc and snap my daoc cds in 1/2...goa/mytic who ever, have seemed to fuk up 1 after another in diff areas, so a total wiped wuld finish it for me..and + why the fuk are the log in servers still down.

/QQ out!

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
(ripped from www.prydwen.net)

Requiel say's:

Hmm well 'the peeps to do this' would be me and the other members of he English, French, German and Spanish GM teams. Already we are working 13 hour days to get it done. I doubt we'd be allowed to work longer if we wanted to. My boss can't do my job so there's not a lot he can do to help other than make sure I'm working and that I have all the things I need to work with. Thanks to him, we talked Mythic out of a complete database wipe (all character data on Prydwen) and I got to deputise members of other teams to help. I'm not going to blame my boss for what happened or the fact it's taking a long time to clear up and neither should you.

-----
man if that would've hapend, i wonder what they would've done then.
and how were they able to fix it then (i mean XML was allraedy not working ><)

so mythic wanted to do a complete wipe not GoA? and i thought GoA where fucked up at times

:m00:

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Brite said:
i would of quit, simple as

i need an excuse to quit now and that would have been it

gimmy your account, problem solved.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
It makes me laugh the way its been said above, if the prydwen database got vaped you'd give up with GoA and play the USA servers.

So you would drop a company that said "NO !! we wont vape the DB we need to fix it" and you would go with a company that would have deleted everything.

Strange people :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
scorge said:
so mythic wanted to do a complete wipe not GoA? and i thought GoA where fucked up at times

If a complete db wipe would have been done, I doubt there would be enough ppl to keep server as prydwen running - all that hard work gone. Who would have enough patience to start from scratch all over again.

Goa did the right think not listening mythic on this one.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
If a complete db wipe would have been done, I doubt there would be enough ppl to keep server as prydwen running - all that hard work gone. Who would have enough patience to start from scratch all over again.

Goa did the right think not listening mythic on this one.

I agree, GoA did the right thing this time. But did the really have a choice? if the did a full wipe, teh amount of shit mythic(and possible GoA) would have got from within the MMORPG industry would have made them look like fools. And it wouldn't be good for Mythic just having the Warhammer online deal, gamesworkshop would probably want reassurances that this wouldn't happen with there game.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
think it was just a complete item wipe (i.e. strip _all_ characters on prydwen) not a "nuke all the chars" - far from an ideal solution in either case.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
think it was just a complete item wipe (i.e. strip _all_ characters on prydwen) not a "nuke all the chars" - far from an ideal solution in either case.

in that case the would only look like N00bs not fuckwits, still as you say they would be damned if the did and damned if the didn't

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom