Haxen movie!

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
First off i'd like to say that this is not an OP fotm char that insta kill people. There are far more and better chars in albion for that. However, a Heretic is the funniest class I've ever played in solo RvR, and this is what i want to share with you.

My heretic is caster spec'ed in melee template.
48 Rej 50 Ench 29+16 Crush 13 Shield.

Movie: Haxen.avi
Size: 259 mb
Codec: XviD MPEG-4 Codec

And not to forget..

Big thanks to Mani ofc, for strong host!
What would our daoc community be with you? :clap:

Enjoy!

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i fink its very refreshing to see such a good video from such a 'mystery' class. shows everything the class is capable of in the hands of a good player :)

editing was good too, wouldnt have done many things different if i were you :p give new one quick, but with flex spec!

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Downloading!

You're definately the toughest heretic i've fought. :)
My zerker will get you one day!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Nice vid

PD4 and Heretic ABS buff
thats pretty sick damage reduction :)

part of the reason I don't tend to attack heretics anymore
can you get warguard as an ML also?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
nah, they get banelord and perfector. i wonder if moc + healfont would work. :D

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
nice movie thats some though absorb you get with PD 4 idd.. :touch:

and AUCH 2598 dmg in one tic ;)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I loved the vid. Heretics are a very tough class and so far from gimp they can be (according to vnboards they are) :D

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
Downloading!

You're definately the toughest heretic i've fought. :)
My zerker will get you one day!

I don't think it's possible that a heretic can lose to a melee class 1 vs 1 really. Champs are hard, but not hard enough:p

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
this realy sounds interesting to watch :>
had some great fights with Haxen.. lost tho ;p

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Think I have fought Haxen with my SB. Was a nice close fight but when he did that naughty snare and ran away to heal up alittle I was dead.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Very nice video. Really makes me want to roll a Tic .. if only I had some skill :(

Repped!

Septina

Part of the furniture
Lovely movie indeed. :) Makes me wanna roll a heretic of my own but the thought of more pve......... :(

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Actually, a quick question or 2

The focus spell, it's not interuptable by ranged attacks?

Fought a heretic not so long ago who snared me and ran off to focus, and I used BoS spraggonator charge on him in an attempt to interupt whilst I closed the gap, but the damage still ramped up.
If ranged attacks don't interupt, would traitors dagger mists or ML10 illusory blade procs?
I ask this cause I've never been able to beat a heretic 1 on 1, even RR2 tics that I open up on from range with my bow, and I need tactics :)

Also
does a heretic get an insta damge spell that would hit for around 450 damage on (after cl buffs) 35% or so resists?

Moriatroll

Fledgling Freddie
great movie indeed, I hope u will still be around when i get meh war temp rdy so tha i can have some fights aswell =)

to previous poster: there are 3 kinds of single focuses; one with snare effect, one with pure dmg and one that is uninteruptable by ranged attacks. As for the dd thingy i dont know =)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
they get an insta dot but they have to stand still, unlike the normal dots it actually goes up each tick :(

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
Actually, a quick question or 2
You need to break it with a melee attack.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
great movie :>
but that rr5 ra is slightly ermm.. making it a default win? :D

haha but apart from that. awesome! :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Leel said:
I don't think it's possible that a heretic can lose to a melee class 1 vs 1 really. Champs are hard, but not hard enough:p

Tics lose 1vs1 in melee alot... just takes someone with sense using the correct weapon to do so... but in general people dont know what to use against them so end up doing sod all damage.

Been getting my arse handed to me by heros lately. But then that mainly because im fighting purge3 + IP3 hero's so got about 6k hits to take off them it seems. Still good fights and some against Gahn last 5minutes.

Really, if tic got IP they would be one the best classes about for melee, but they dont so you got to rely on kiting. I actually been trying to fight in straight melee and not using my lvl42 focus beam though so that be why I have problems :D

Anyways... downloading it to see how you play.. no doubt it much the same as I try to do... also any chance you can send me your Heretic template so I can compare it to my latest one? :D Just want to see what you focused on mainly for your stats/resists... may start frapsing some fights myself but always forget to start it up so missed some really good fights.

Abomi

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:

The Arawn's Flare Line is interruptable with less power cost. The Whirling Blaze line is uninterruptable by ranged attacks, but has a much higher power cost. I believe that summoned mobs from procs such as TD will interrupt.

Aiteal said:
does a heretic get an insta damge spell that would hit for around 450 damage on (after cl buffs) 35% or so resists?

Not on any spec line I know of. Could have been a proc. The only instant damage spell we get is a DoT which ramps up.

Hope I've helped :)

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:

i have fought ALOT of heretics, and im struggling to remember more than 1 time where i lost to one 1v1. they are an awesome class, but far from un-beatable in melee.

Downloading, looking forward to seeing how they play tbh.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Bondoila said:
You need to break it with a melee attack.

Do traitors mists or ML10 illusory blades count as melee attacks in this case or do you have to be physically standing toe to toe with them?

Come to think of it, would bow shots if I managed to get one off as a heretic kites me or can they still block with the shield whilst holding focus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom