Have you ever wanted to be in a DAOC movie?

fatz

Fledgling Freddie
Well heres your chance.

I and a friend have formed a group that we have called Naughty Officers of Overpowering Bull Shit (NOOBS) and we make movies in DAOC, the idea behind this is we want to show people that you can still have fun in DAOC so we are making a comedy series within the game to prove this. We have already started a few projects that are currently under construction but the first episode of this series I want to realease is what I am about to talk about now.

Episode Name: Revenge is sweet

Short description: Everyone has spent some time in Mithra and no doubt most of us have been killed some time or other whilst we have been in there, more than likely by those bloody annoying bleeders who just randomly start a fight with you for no reason. Hvae you ever weanted revenge? well heres your chance. we will be forming a BG of lvl 50's to do a raid on Mithra to exact some revenge on mithra.

The idea will be we will form a BG of lvl 50's only outside mithra and then we will just basically work our way down and methodically wipe out as much as we can whilst all the time I will be filming for the episode. So what I am doing is just really testing the water and seeing how much interest I would get in something like this.

I alreay have quite a few peeps who wanna help but obviously the more the merrier. If your interested just say so in this post and if I get enough interest I will post a date for this, it will take up no more than 10 mins of your time and hopefully should b a great laugh.

obviously when this is done it shall be posted on FH for all your enjoyment along with all the other episodes we do.

Ta
-Fatz-

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
i would like to apear, but how would it be funny? in mitra, afaik, there all lvl 10 or 30ish mob's so icewiz could probbably wipe the entire dungeon in seconds

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Isnt there a lvl cap on entering dungeons to stop higher lvls entering so you cant annoy noobs :D?

I could be way off, just remember reading something like that but I've never tried go into mithra with a lvl 50 so that may well be BS. Could have been a suggestion as opposed to fact :p. You may want to test it before you organise people thou, if you have already I apologise. Just trying to make sure you dont run into any hiccups

Comos

Loyal Freddie
I don't mind helping out on this when I got the time :D
hm Mithra, haven't been there for aaages... I remember the pkb where the mithra groups were formed, ah the memories...

fatz

Fledgling Freddie
yeah thats the idea, we'll walk in and basically completly destroy mithra, the funny part is that its all about revenge for how many times ppl have died there while lvl'n a newbie. also I get the feeling for lvl 50's its been a dmaned long time since anyone went to mithra due to /level

and also in the end product I have the PERFECT music to go along on the movie :D trust me when its done ppl will find it funny :D we just trying to put fun back into DAOC thats all :D

and comos. I remember those days :D the background on NOOBS is that we have both been playing for roughly 5 years, I had a year or so break while my mate kept playing. and I remember many a time meetin at pkb to go in and TRY to lvl in mithra :p

Stormy

Fledgling Freddie
could be super fun:) ... as allways i'm in for the fun... time for some revenge for my cleric... :flame:

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
yay!!!!!!!!!
count me in :cheers:
hehe pls post a time and date do i can orginize rl so i can come :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
You can go into Mithra with a level 50. I've done it to rezz people. A 50 cleric can one hit smite most stuff in there (overpowered, I reckon <grin>).

Oh, and the bleeders appear after one of the enemies runs off, so it's not totally random.

Darzil

fatz

Fledgling Freddie
ah right didn't know that

and yeah if I remember correctly things in there are weak to smite so clerics will be having fun too :D

ok seems theres a lot of interest so I will post a new thread this afternoon with date and time

cheers peeps

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
just a warning...

make sure there is _noone_ in the dungeon before you go anywhere near it to do this - if someone came along and wiped out all your potential xp you;'d be a bit miffed :)

(Chaos theory tried this back in the day but in an attempt to annoy people rather than for fun - mithra was a bit more populated then of course - all the people involved got a 7 day ban)

Just make sure you're not screwing over someone elses game by doing this ;)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
just a warning...

make sure there is _noone_ in the dungeon before you go anywhere near it to do this - if someone came along and wiped out all your potential xp you;'d be a bit miffed :)

(Chaos theory tried this back in the day but in an attempt to annoy people rather than for fun - mithra was a bit more populated then of course - all the people involved got a 7 day ban)

Just make sure you're not screwing over someone elses game by doing this ;)

yea, nearly as funny as the time they killed all the alb merchants in DF lolol.

fatz

Fledgling Freddie
well my theroy is that there aren't really that many peeps in mithra these days also it is a fairly quick pop rate and we wont be staying in there to long. I am going to set out a route which we will follow. it will be in, follow the route, kill things on the way (not stoping to go back or anything) and out the other side, literally it will be something quite quick.

and cos I'm a nice guy I'll do a macro appologising to any low levels as we pass em :D

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I'm in if i have time, sounds like a laugh :D

lol @ CT wiping mithra back in the day, sounds class :D

and I'll be giving any lowbies I see a few gold, so they should be ok :D

mordsythe

Fledgling Freddie
count my icer in.. i remember bak in the day (b4 i had a 50 on his account) when i took him in there and got wiped evry time :)

/scream REVENGE!!!!!!

ps need a time and d8

fatz

Fledgling Freddie
lol I posted a seperate post about it but I'll add it in here aswell

this wednesday, 9pm gmt all meet at PKB BG on Phattyboi

look forward to seeing you all there :D

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I might turn up, bringing along a ml9'ed Botched Sacrifice or a Bleeder :D

fatz

Fledgling Freddie
lol would like to see a ml9'ed bleeder lol

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Am I the only one who can't find the comedy in this?

I'm not trying to be rude, maybe it's just me who's weird, but what's the fun in ganking level 10 mobs?

mordsythe

Fledgling Freddie
tbh it does look this way.. at the worst it will be 5 mins of hysterical laughter. at best it will b remembered for years to come as one of the greatest daoc REVENGE videos of all time :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kinag said:
Am I the only one who can't find the comedy in this?

I'm not trying to be rude, maybe it's just me who's weird, but what's the fun in ganking level 10 mobs?

can't say I'm rofling about it...

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I'm going because its somthing different to do that doesnt happen often.

I reckon it'll be a good laugh, the idea is funny in its own mad way (I mean who'd imagine a load of lvl 50's raiding mithra?). I know you others aint trying to be rude by saying you cant see how it would be fun, but its just kinda a 'lol wtf, why not?' thing.

fatz

Fledgling Freddie
yup dukat got it in one. and also it seems that people aren't really looking at this in the whole. this is the FIRST episode of a comedy SERIES, therefor there will b more. we are planning all sorts of things for other episodes, including naked mincer runs in NF treb duels and skiff racining

Legles

Fledgling Freddie
I will be there, going to bring my 50 Cleric Mirrorr along, use to grp in ther all the time, looking forward to it :)

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
m8 if u've watched the red vs blue series u may wanna lift some ideas from that, its based on halo2 and omg is it funny!

fatz

Fledgling Freddie
yeah I know what you mean mate and it is tempting, if I hadn't been writting comedy series scripts for the same thing in Counter Strike for the past 6 months lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom