Have you ever "avoided" the cracks in the sidewalk ?

Have you ever "avoided" the cracks in the sidewalk ?

• Total voters

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Who's gonna admit to deliberately avoiding them at one point in their life ?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just answer the damn question ! :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
yup i do sometimes. it really bothers me occasionaly. i guess its kind of like a very minor OCD. sometimes when ive got other things on my mind, i really try to avoid them, but if im just strolling around with mates or whatever, it dosent bother me. its weird. you've opened up a deep wound Lamp....:)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Yes I do it totally random depending on what frame of mind I am in.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Why DO people avoid them ? Do they think something awful's going to happen to them if they step in the cracks ? Like fall down the crack and freefall 104 miles into the centre of the earth ?

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Nope, and if i see someone doing it, I kick them in the back.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
sidewalk? you mean path, or pavement?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
yep, if i walk and i need to pass time i avoid them. doing special steps and rythms. nothing superstecious or anything at all, just boredom

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I have weird moments where I will only step in certain patterns o_O e.g. I'll skip every second square in the ground... I still do this now, no idea why :eek:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
This might sound really wierd to most of you, but I avoid/step over the invisible angle/laserbeam that corners sends out :(

A normal corner is 90degrees and if you cut that in half with a straight line you'll have the invisible angle or whatever you wanna call it, that I avoid most of the time.. Was worse when I was little! Had sick twisted wierd games I played inside of my head and sometimes I still do.. I've tried to picture what I am talking about btw :D

Sometimes I also start making up a story.. First it's just in my head, but most of the time it evolves into something very lifelike where I am talking to myself(for all the characters in my story) and sometimes I even start yelling before I "wake up" and realise what I am doing

I'm such a psyco :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
CorNokZ, how can you avoid that? :eek7:

I mean, laser beam, straight line, infinity, no turning corners?

About the cracks in the sidewalk, depends on the crack size really. If it's a small crack, with little opening, i don't even notice that much. If it's a foot sized caping hole in it, ofcourse i avoid it.

I avoid anything that will possibly f*ck me up.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i did it for a day but it annoyed me having to look at the floor so it was just a one off.

the 3 drains myth about bad luck, i know its bullshit but i still avoid them!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i did it for a day but it annoyed me having to look at the floor so it was just a one off.

my friends and i used to long jump them just incase :(

Wingnut

Fledgling Freddie

But the worst thing for me is that it doesn't even have to be three drains, I studiously avoid the BT slab things. I'm ok when I'm walking a route I know, but if I'm in unfamiliar territory I can't take my eyes off the floor. Many a lamp post have met their doom at the force of my spam!

Syri

FH is my second home
used to avoid the cracks when i was really young, like 5 or 6 years old. don't bother me now though

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
used to avoid the cracks when i was really young, like 5 or 6 years old. don't bother me now though

Yeah, used to play some thing like this too when walking to primary school with my mother. Each crack you jumped over was a point. We also do it for drains too.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
CorNokZ, how can you avoid that? :eek7:

I mean, laser beam, straight line, infinity, no turning corners?

I just step over the line.. But I must admit that corners do scare me a little(not really, but still) :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
No, the pursuit of crack is my only goal in life.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I thought it would tickle someones funnybone :D

It was his technical diagram of laserbeam precision on crack avoiding and your response that made me LOL irl

Whats wrong with just walking over them ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom