Hate to admit...

B

benedictine

Welcome back Cowled ;-)

Apathy is not elite - he is just afflicted by that disease where he cant help saying what he is thinking (Tourettes I believe, or is that when they swear alot? :p ) Personally, I find him very funny <slips 20g in robe pocket>

Back on topic...........

The Battle Friar is a much maligned animal. All the rage a few months ago, everybody loves rejuv now.

To me, our rejuv line is so poor its not worth wasting points in, we heal like naked old grannies on out of date steroids. Gimp your friar - go rejuv. U want to heal, roll a cleric.

We outdamage many tanks - the best use of friars is as shock troops on the casters etc.

I know ppl will say the battle friar is gimped and wasting a valuable realm asset. I don't see it that way. Ig god had wanted friars to heal, he wouldn't have invented friars boon.

Cowled, pm anytime for advice - I like to help new friars when I can.

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
The thing at the end of my posts is just habit and history; it goes back about six years or something. Which probably makes it older than you.

It's also very easy to type, unlike Glottikins who no doubt has to check his Cheat Sheet each time he types "Regards" to see if he got the capital letter in the right place. :p

Aww...I love Glotty. And Sish. I like to call them Spotty and Pish when I'm drunk and regaling my friends with tales of DAoC inadequacy.

a.

Six years, if you say so. Heh..

And as Benedictine said, you are funny, and post funny posts. Benedictine also made an on-spot diagnosis.(Except I don't think it's Tourettes.)

But I can't say that you defend your own 'habit' very good though. 'Mine is much easier to type.' Absurd to pick on stuff like that, and justify the same habit by 'being easier to type'. :rolleyes:

If I had been evil I'd say that the history you call your habit, which is six years old. Was the history of your life. But I'm not, so I'll refrain from saying it.

Oops, looks like Benedictines diagnosis fits on me aswell..

A

Apathy

What's to defend, exactly? Someone asked why Glottis writes that at the end of every post and I submitted a hypothesis.

Given that I've been using the internet in one form or another long since you stopped wetting the bed (Interpret the chronology of THAT how you will.), force of habit is strong. At 100 WPM, the pressing of 5 keys is inconsequential. Indeed, it would take MORE effort to NOT type it.

You see, hand-written signatures (And by that I don't refer to handwritten formalities and customs such as starting a written document with Dear Sir, or whatever is appropriate.) are a throwback to the days when there was no other alternative. The prolific poster, interested in the quick marking of their own submissions, would come up with a simple way of doing so. Quick and easy to type signatures fulfilled this and a degree of creativity was often employed.

Given that my own signature was born of specific need and encouraged by the medium and environment of the time, it is quite different to Glottis' rather cumbersome and old-fashioned ending. Upon seeing it, one can't help but wonder...is Glottis posting another whinge or is he writing a letter to a maiden aunt asking for a certain colour of jumper for his birthday?

Also...rejuv rocks. Saved YOUR ass, Mr.ChaplainPrimus. :p

a.

A

Apathy

And, given your most OBVIOUS aquaintance with Tourette's Syndrome (I can only assume it is a professional aquaintance.), you will be well aware that the manifestation of tics tends not to occur in writing at all, since it is a neurological condition centering around uncontrollable vocalisations of unsociable articles.

Oh wait...it's actually rather clear you didn't know that. What a poor GP you must make!

IRL

a.

T

Tranquil-

And all of this because he writes 7 more letters than you in his post or something? :rolleyes:

As usual, your posts are amusing to read, nothing more, nothing less.

edit:

And it obviously wasn't a hypothesis. Since you clearly stated that THAT was what it was. However, if you'd written "I think", instead of "It's", it could have been taken as a hypothesis. :kissit:

A

Apathy

Thanks for that well-considered reply. Perhaps you would like to add "U SMELL" as a finishing touch?

a.

T

Tranquil-

The reason I didn't bother to counter your 'attacks' is because it doesn't stick. That kind of provoking won't work on me. :kissit:

I write mostly full words, I don't type 'u' instead of you.

YOU SMELL!!1

edit:

Can I hear "Touché!"? ;)

A

Apathy

I don't know; can you? Given that I don't speak in those kinda of red-brick cliched Frenchisms, it wasn't from me.

"Look at me! I said coup de grace! I am SO middle class! Do I get a medal or something?"

"Why, but no. Changing your name to Edwina and suffixing faux onto everything doesn't count."

Rodomontade, cupcake.

a.

T

Tranquil-

Rodomontade wasn't exactly what it was. Or atleast not what I was trying to do. I'll take as my defense that English isn't my mother tounge.

Tsk tsk, fancy words. But your words surpassed mine in fancyness. Good, or bad?

A

Apathy

Don't start that "English isn't my first language!" tosh with me, young lady.

Unlike equity, that argument must only be used as a sword, not a shield. :p

Speaking of which...WHERE is the shield merchant in Camelot?

a.

T

Tranquil-

Oi, it's not my fault that you can't read my mind. Remember, that a tongue not trained in the local wording is as blunt as a shield. :p

/flex

Btw, there's a shieldmerchant in Cotswold atleast, behind the house on the left after the bridge from Cam.

B

benedictine

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........Now I remember...

Thats why I beat up students on sight

M

Moody

The shield merchant is at the mini-market to the right of the guy that sells fishes.

Sorry for the constructive post :(

L

loxleyhood

Theres only one thing worse than naming your character after Lord of the Rings and thats naming your character after Baldur's Gate. Shame on you, shame.

Users who are viewing this thread