Has the cries for a fix finally been heard?

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
484
I was just told that something funny will happen/has happened to Dragonfang, the nemesis of all shadowblades and nightshades, and the tool for all rr2 necro-PL'd gimpfils to kick the shit out of rr7 enemy assassin classes:

http://www.cs.rit.edu/~rjw2183/dragonfang.jpg
http://blahblahblah.freewebspace.com/df2.jpg

I've also been told that the new effect will be a 118 str/con debuff that stacks with poisons. Ok ... Is the devs at Mythic just a bunch of reeking dangleberries? WHAT lvl50 style can even measure up with Dragonfang as it is now, and as it will become with a 118 str/con debuff that stacks with poisons? That's a potential of 210 str/con points, or something? Oh really now ... So, SB's can have fun with a silly follow-up to a frontal position style that only does a little more dmg if they spec 50 axe. Don't get me started on the lvl50 LA style, which is even totally ridiculous with the zerker edition's added "uber proc" of hardly 60 dmg cold dmg. Providing you get off that third style in the chain. 50 hammer? Bollox. 50 sword? Ragnarok, yay! It doesn't debuff 1000 hp from your target, though. And so on. :)

Anyway, this is still rumours to me, as I haven't read anywhere about the DF nerf. Can someone confirm if this bullshit illusion of a "nerf" is true?
 

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,377
It was tested on Pendragon or something for a while before they changed it back to the ordinary and loveable stun.
Looks like they've started on the style changes ;o
 

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
1,643
I'm gonna respec to be like that minstrel oO
 

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
2,498
Is it an attempt to make you feel that your being lucky? like saying what would you prefer... being ridiculously debuffed, or 9sec stun lool.

Would be interesting tho, infils wouldn't really need to have any env speced, could have mercfils running about with PA-CD :p
 

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
140
I really wonder what IQ the writer of this post has. It's so god damn obvious that it was a bug :x
 

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
120
As someone said they are going through a style review and are changing things on pendragon to test etc.

I think its quite obvious that DF is gunna change and they are toying with different things.. the debuff wont stack with poison if that did go live as that would be just silly. The fact that it did was just a bug as they were only testing it for a short while. :twak:

I reckon they will put the debuff on and a smaller stun. Or add a decent stun lower down the thrust line. Will have to wait and see what happens to all styles before whining really though.
 

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
789
A proc named Dragon's Oppression is so not a bug, perhaps the effect was bugged, but it is going to be changed judging from that.
 

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
607
There's definitely some re-working of DF coming,unless some programmer was messing around without permission.
;)
 

Aenir

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
101
Why change df ? That wont change the problems with infils, just give them 2.2 spec points, +100-150 hp and the ability to use 2-handers. They all like it, because everytime a sb cries they tell us how uber those things are.
 

Septina

Resident Freddy
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
4,746
"It was not intentional, and to my knowledge, it's not even being discussed. Pure error. Sorry for the scare, gang."
-Sanya M. Thomas, Internet Relations Manager.
 

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
789
Septina said:
"It was not intentional, and to my knowledge, it's not even being discussed. Pure error. Sorry for the scare, gang."
-Sanya M. Thomas, Internet Relations Manager.
I believe her, I really do :p
 

Nihilum

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
58
Aenir said:
Why change df ? That wont change the problems with infils, just give them 2.2 spec points, +100-150 hp and the ability to use 2-handers. They all like it, because everytime a sb cries they tell us how uber those things are.
Sure givf , my infil would enjoy it as i never would go thrust and tbh 2.2 specpoints is fair
 

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
2,498
Aenir, the answear to SB's is really giving DW/CD type of duel weilding instead of LA mechanics.

2.2x points is clearly a fix for infils and imo infils can keep their DF if it goes 2-3 thrid in a combo, if not its duration is reduced inline with Hibs thrust line stun.

2hd won't work for infils, as they have a seperate spec line for 2hd weapons in alb.
 

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,714
Krait said:
There's definitely some re-working of DF coming,unless some programmer was messing around without permission.
;)
theyve been doing that for over 2 years right?
 

emma

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
755
The real story is as follows.

Dragon Obssesion is part of the style review. It is an effect that will part of a style given to players via RR/RA`s. The problem is the extra style slot has not yet been implemented in the game so the effect over wrote the last style in the list which happened to be dragonfang.

The intention of these new effects is to give players who spec high in weapon and or choose to spec a certain thing in RA`s or reach a certain RR and a new style to use. These new styles wont be wtfpwn i win buttons but more than likely styles that are on a timer. Much like the current styles available to tanks via there RA`s. The difference is they will be made usefull and worth getting/using.

It wasnt supposed to go onto pendragon that was a mistake but the code is real and it is something that will be implemented along with the style review/RA review.
 

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
484
emma said:
The real story is as follows.

Dragon Obssesion is part of the style review. It is an effect that will part of a style given to players via RR/RA`s. The problem is the extra style slot has not yet been implemented in the game so the effect over wrote the last style in the list which happened to be dragonfang.

The intention of these new effects is to give players who spec high in weapon and or choose to spec a certain thing in RA`s or reach a certain RR and a new style to use. These new styles wont be wtfpwn i win buttons but more than likely styles that are on a timer. Much like the current styles available to tanks via there RA`s. The difference is they will be made usefull and worth getting/using.

It wasnt supposed to go onto pendragon that was a mistake but the code is real and it is something that will be implemented along with the style review/RA review.
Problem with that is Mythic havent a clue when it comes to pricing them and the Re-use timer. How many tanks do u know that spec that special style on its 10min Re-use timer at a cost of 10 points.... None.

The style maybe good but its pointless if u can pull it off once every fight (espcially tanks) if that. Perhaps thats enough for something like DF where if u land it u more than likely win. But for tanks its silly waste of points that could be better spent on passives.
 

emma

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
755
Kreig said:
Problem with that is Mythic havent a clue when it comes to pricing them and the Re-use timer. How many tanks do u know that spec that special style on its 10min Re-use timer at a cost of 10 points.... None.

The style maybe good but its pointless if u can pull it off once every fight (espcially tanks) if that. Perhaps thats enough for something like DF where if u land it u more than likely win. But for tanks its silly waste of points that could be better spent on passives.
Thats why there adding effects like a 118 pt str/con debuff to them. to make them usefull and worth spending points on.

As it stands currently the styles available through RA`s for tanks are a complete waste of points.

How many tanks would buy those styles if they were on a 5-10 minute timer, couldn`t be blocked/parried/evaded/bt`d/intercepted etc and had an effect like a 118pt str/con debuff, 179pt DD, AF Debuff etc.

I know i would.

118 str/con off a tank/caster/support char is between 300-500hp.
179pt DD would cap at ~540 vs no resists/low con player.
 

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
484
emma said:
Thats why there adding effects like a 118 pt str/con debuff to them. to make them usefull and worth spending points on.

As it stands currently the styles available through RA`s for tanks are a complete waste of points.

How many tanks would buy those styles if they were on a 5-10 minute timer, couldn`t be blocked/parried/evaded/bt`d/intercepted etc and had an effect like a 118pt str/con debuff, 179pt DD, AF Debuff etc.

I know i would.

118 str/con off a tank/caster/support char is between 300-500hp.
179pt DD would cap at ~540 vs no resists/low con player.
Thing is tho toa brings us items and mls that have similar effects as that anyway, the cost of styles like that would have to be greatly reduced still for them to be worthwhile. Even at 5 - 10 min timers if they where 10 points still thats 3 lvls in DR and im sure that in 5 - 10 mins of standard fighting with 9% better offhand dmg/hit you would easily reach the same output of any of those styles. As we all know Passive > Active tbh.
 

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,714
even more timer abilities now?????

fuck that soon it will be a massive multipalyer online boardgame...
 

Wij

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
15,559
It was just a mistake. Close the thread.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom