Has SWTOR effected the pop much?

Duze

Loyal Freddie
Not tried it but my boyfriend did and he said it was basically a bit of a Wow-clone. So, I'd guess it will hit wow a lot harder than daoc.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I don't think any games will affect the daoc population much further tbh

The people that still play, tend not to enjoy any other type of game, and no game will ever have pvp like daoc, too many PvE casual players so there's no money to be made in PvP orientated MMOs :p

Nibble

Part of the furniture
got a lvl 18 on sw and just got tedius to play all the pve questing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
I played SWTOG round my mate's a few weeks back. It took over fifteen minutes to log onto the server because it was full, and then once it connected, I stopped playing after thirty minutes due to boredom. Five of those thirty minutes were spent trying to figure out how to pan the camera: I asked my mate and he just said 'what the fuck, Warren, what game can you look behind you? lol, seriously'. Whether you can or not, it was a face palm moment and made me realise, again, how great daoc is.

On a side note: this same mate used to play WoW, so could you not pan the camera in WoW? Or is my mate just a massive noob?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't think any games will affect the daoc population much further tbh

The people that still play, tend not to enjoy any other type of game, and no game will ever have pvp like daoc, too many PvE casual players so there's no money to be made in PvP orientated MMOs :p

This pretty much, the only people left playing DAOC are the die hards that wont leave no matter what happens.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Starting to get really bored of the questing on SWTOR at the moment, only level 13... think I'll reactivate DAoC in the next week :eek:

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I got 50 and now it seems to be a daily quest grind to get gear and i don't like tanking on my powertech so im not sure if i will be resubbing next week either, will prolly just finish getting Lone Enforcer on skald

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
I got 50 and now it seems to be a daily quest grind to get gear and i don't like tanking on my powertech so im not sure if i will be resubbing next week either, will prolly just finish getting Lone Enforcer on skald

Nice you have that shit game for your collection then /evillaughter

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
i've got ToR on hold until they add the pvp changes, until then i'll simply watch until its all sorted.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
is that the end of the free sub period ? : )
Yea, no doubt a few ppl will leave, as happens with all MMOs, but I don't think anyone left playing daoc leave, they're in it for life now.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've not played for a month due to various reasons :( Hopefully over the weekend I will find the time to login and play.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I've not played for a month due to various reasons :( Hopefully over the weekend I will find the time to login and play.

I havent been playing it either tbh Deebs, waiting for them to sort the PvP out as at the moment it just doesnt appeal to me.

Sidenote: I posted the SAX guy video further up this version is so much better

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
I havent been playing it either tbh Deebs, waiting for them to sort the PvP out as at the moment it just doesnt appeal to me.

Sidenote: I posted the SAX guy video further up this version is so much better

o_O

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I played SWTOG round my mate's a few weeks back. It took over fifteen minutes to log onto the server because it was full, and then once it connected, I stopped playing after thirty minutes due to boredom. Five of those thirty minutes were spent trying to figure out how to pan the camera: I asked my mate and he just said 'what the fuck, Warren, what game can you look behind you? lol, seriously'. Whether you can or not, it was a face palm moment and made me realise, again, how great daoc is.

On a side note: this same mate used to play WoW, so could you not pan the camera in WoW? Or is my mate just a massive noob?
Seriously, you've been playing daoc for how long and couldn't figure out how to pan the camera in SWTOR? They use the exact same leftklick/rightklick mousebind....

who is the noob here i wonder...

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
Seriously, you've been playing daoc for how long and couldn't figure out how to pan the camera in SWTOR? They use the exact same leftklick/rightklick mousebind....

It takes a real noob to not realise that people change the default mousebinds to something that feels more comfortable to their playstyle, forgetting what the default is altogether.

Seriously, try being a little less narrowminded next time you attempt to insult someone you don't even know. That way you might not make too big of a fool out of yourself.

Genedril

Part of the furniture

WTF is a left click / right click mousebind for camera panning?

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture

Guess you had a bad day?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It takes a real noob to not realise that people change the default mousebinds to something that feels more comfortable to their playstyle, forgetting what the default is altogether.

Seriously, try being a little less narrowminded next time you attempt to insult someone you don't even know. That way you might not make too big of a fool out of yourself.
I had that it mind, but if that's the case why blame SWTOR for that then? :)

And yes i did have a bad day..

Well i still do, i'm effectively locked out from playing this stupid game because one of the security questions are not one i picked and the support insists that i make an international phonecall on my registered phone number (a cell phone because that's all i have) so they can make sure i'm me before they reset them for me...

First i thought i didn't even write the answers down which would totally make this my fault, but it turns out i did so i know i'm not at fault here. :(

Then they changed their mind and said that a scanned ID would suffice, then they changed their mind again saying that it didn't and that a call still were the only way...

But that still doesn't help them realizing that making international calls on a cell phone is freaking expensive no matter if the number i call is a no charge one..

Anyway, i apologize for my previous post. It was clearly out of line.

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
I had that it mind, but if that's the case why blame SWTOR for that then? :)

And yes i did have a bad day..

Well i still do, i'm effectively locked out from playing this stupid game because one of the security questions are not one i picked and the support insists that i make an international phonecall on my registered phone number (a cell phone because that's all i have) so they can make sure i'm me before they reset them for me...

First i thought i didn't even write the answers down which would totally make this my fault, but it turns out i did so i know i'm not at fault here. :(

Then they changed their mind and said that a scanned ID would suffice, then they changed their mind again saying that it didn't and that a call still were the only way...

But that still doesn't help them realizing that making international calls on a cell phone is freaking expensive no matter if the number i call is a no charge one..

Anyway, i apologize for my previous post. It was clearly out of line.

No worries, man, we all have bad days, and what you've just described sounds really exasperating, I'd be raging too to be honest.

Hope it gets sorted quick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom